Gaming International have taken our club hostage

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

i think you will find this will be the case forever,
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

bixieupnorth wrote: a link would be handy please?
It's in the TUST update thread at the top of this board Bixie.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Just a thought but could someone closer to all this than me, evidence this Masters fellas involvement in the takeover?

Surely he can't be involved as owner of another football club?

Could this render the takeover null and void?

Definitely one to follow up, but we would need concrete evidence.

Hasn't he been in the press talking about working with GI and the Board? Surely he can't do that? Plus his supposed investment.

I think letters to the league and fa should do it if someone could pull together the evidence.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

SteveDeckchair wrote:Just a thought but could someone closer to all this than me, evidence this Masters fellas involvement in the takeover?

Surely he can't be involved as owner of another football club?

Could this render the takeover null and void?

Definitely one to follow up, but we would need concrete evidence.

Hasn't he been in the press talking about working with GI and the Board? Surely he can't do that? Plus his supposed investment.

I think letters to the league and fa should do it if someone could pull together the evidence.
I believe that Masters' role as an "Advisor" circumnavigates any conflict of interest - although he's making plenty of noise, he officially doesn't seem to have any part in the takeover (I.e he's not signing anything). He's just acting as the guy who introduced the parties.

Any investment he may have made would be dressed up in the ground-share agreement I imagine, so has the appearance of being fully legit
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Again, the report on HE website is a positive statement by Osborne that he wants people who care about the club on the board which include former board members and TUST members.

If it had any other buyer making this statement we would be saying it's a great idea but because it's GI the swords are out.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

IanGull01 wrote:Again, the report on HE website is a positive statement by Osborne that he wants people who care about the club on the board which include former board members and TUST members.

If it had any other buyer making this statement we would be saying it's a great idea but because it's GI the swords are out.
Absolutely, but you seem to have forgotten that they are witches and should be burnt!

I have my concerns due to their "previous", and they weren't our first choice, but I am willing to give them a chance. As you say if anyone else had made their statement we would be excited. Lots of positives to take from it. Of course actions speak louder than words but for now they are all we have...

"The key thing for us now is to provide as much investment as it needs to ensure that the club trades properly through this season, not through crazy cost-cutting." - Great news. They realise we are financially in the crap and will be investing money to sort it out. If things were left as they were would be going into administration.

"Over the remainder of the season we are going to have a review, the result of which will be a five-year plan." Sensible business approach. Plan, do, review, revise. Look at where we are, What is wrong and develop a plan to take us to where we need to be.

"Everyone is going to be part of that review, including Kevin (Nicholson), supporters, business people and the local authority." - Fantastic. Engagement with key stakeholders rather than the insular, guarded approach we have seen from the outgoing owners.

"The discussions we've had with Kevin are basically to assure him of our intentions, to give him some confidence that he has our support and to allow him to do his job," So he's not going then. End of.

"Both a new stadium in the future and a new Youth Academy are both very much front-burners for us." - Realistically we need to move. We need to be sustainable. In my mind an artificial pitch with all the benefits that brings plus additional revenues of a multi-use stadium is key to our progression. Exeter Chiefs success is largely down to the additional revenues their stadium brings them, We could learn a lot from them. As for the Youth Academy there was outrage when this was disbanded and a lot of goodwill lost in the community - GI will look to bring it back.

"I want to assure everyone connected with and supporting the club that we will try our best to secure the club's long-term future and bring success on the pitch and commercially". What else can they say? People will choose to believe that or not.

Change is afoot. It needs to happen as the club is dying and we need to involve ourselves in the process to shape the future of our club. The proof will be in the pudding and there is nothing wrong with a critical mind but lets at least give them a chance. Boycotts will not help anyone.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

DevonYellow wrote: Absolutely, but you seem to have forgotten that they are witches and should be burnt!

I have my concerns due to their "previous", and they weren't our first choice, but I am willing to give them a chance. As you say if anyone else had made their statement we would be excited. Lots of positives to take from it. Of course actions speak louder than words but for now they are all we have...

"The key thing for us now is to provide as much investment as it needs to ensure that the club trades properly through this season, not through crazy cost-cutting." - Great news. They realise we are financially in the crap and will be investing money to sort it out. If things were left as they were would be going into administration.

"Over the remainder of the season we are going to have a review, the result of which will be a five-year plan." Sensible business approach. Plan, do, review, revise. Look at where we are, What is wrong and develop a plan to take us to where we need to be.

"Everyone is going to be part of that review, including Kevin (Nicholson), supporters, business people and the local authority." - Fantastic. Engagement with key stakeholders rather than the insular, guarded approach we have seen from the outgoing owners.

"The discussions we've had with Kevin are basically to assure him of our intentions, to give him some confidence that he has our support and to allow him to do his job," So he's not going then. End of.

"Both a new stadium in the future and a new Youth Academy are both very much front-burners for us." - Realistically we need to move. We need to be sustainable. In my mind an artificial pitch with all the benefits that brings plus additional revenues of a multi-use stadium is key to our progression. Exeter Chiefs success is largely down to the additional revenues their stadium brings them, We could learn a lot from them. As for the Youth Academy there was outrage when this was disbanded and a lot of goodwill lost in the community - GI will look to bring it back.

"I want to assure everyone connected with and supporting the club that we will try our best to secure the club's long-term future and bring success on the pitch and commercially". What else can they say? People will choose to believe that or not.

Change is afoot. It needs to happen as the club is dying and we need to involve ourselves in the process to shape the future of our club. The proof will be in the pudding and there is nothing wrong with a critical mind but lets at least give them a chance. Boycotts will not help anyone.
:goodpost:

Well said sir
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Anyone thinking that they are going to get a lovely new ground think again Clevedon sold Teignmouth Road for a new ground ten years on they don't own it and can't use the dressing rooms. We don't own a ground now how are we going to pay for it we will end up renting it from the owners.

Five years on is to far ahead we can't manage this club one year ahead as things change in football every day. We need to know what's happening straight away before it's to late. Remember all the volunteers working for the club would have to travel to the new ground before they can help.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

ITS ALL PIE IN THE SKY, THEY NEED TO BE GIVEN A CHANCE, EVERYONE SEEMS TO KNOW BEST BUT NOBODY REALLY KNOWS DO THEY, IF THEY GET US UP AND RUNNING AGAIN AND BACK IN THE LEAGUE IT WILL BE A DIFFERENT STORY THEN WONT IT!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Re the Chinese investors....

Here's a link re Layla Jenkins and the SL Organisation.

www.slonline.org
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

DevonYellow wrote: Absolutely, but you seem to have forgotten that they are witches and should be burnt!

An excellent post. :goodpost:
Formerly known as forevertufc
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:Re the Chinese investors....

http://www.slonline.org
Having read all of the mrdistance posts and the letter on the TUST thread and now having seen that web page I can perhaps imagine just why the offer was dismissed by the board.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:Re the Chinese investors....

http://www.slonline.org

Layla gets a Yay from me ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Totally agree RR. Said all the way along we have to give the new owners a chance, it's all about what they do, not what they say, or we think they're going to do.

My question to all is simple. If we end up with Alex Rowe, the Boyce's, and a member of the TUST board as part of the clubs management structure; Would you be more, or less likely to believe any promises made by the clubs new owners ?

My answers a very simple one; Yes, I would believe any promises made by the new owners, if backed by a club management team including the names/people I've listed.

As for Layla Jenkins , the dates and times listed in the post, re-posted on the TUST thread are likely to be true, but the best analogy I can come up with here is; Bit like making a curry, it's up to the person making it how spicy the end result is, and how much extra spice can be added through the process.

Whilst I don't know, when Dave Phillips says there were other parties, but they weren't prepared to the sort of money up to guarantee the club, from what I've read, and heard said, I don't disbelieve him.

On Masters, does anyone really think he's that stupid to either break any rules or leave any proof ? I don't
Formerly known as forevertufc
jimhart

Post by jimhart »

Hi
Words from GI initially what one would hope for and expect.
The first proof of the pudding (Xmas!) would be to allow Kevin to modestly strengthen the squad to ensure any relegation threat removed.
To me we need a key signings in defence, midfield and up front.
If we got 2 out of 3 in the Jan window it would be enough for me for now.
It would also potentially assist in returning the crowds up to 2K.
:)