Gaming International have taken our club hostage

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Cant help but be drawn to the mention of working with "the local authority"
Tarrboy1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tarrboy1 »

GI's 5 year plan;

Year 1: Limited investment in the team and narrowly avoid staying in the National League. Acquire freehold of Plainmoor.
Year 2: Limited investment in the team, just about stay in National League South. Attendance numbers drop.
Year 3: Enter administration. 10 point deduction and TUFC cant fulfill their fixtures. TUFC are no more.
Year 4: Get planning consent for a lovely new housing development and commence demolition of Plainmoor.
Year 5: Build houses and make lots of money.

Thats what my head is saying anyway. It wont be that simple of course but you get the gist.

The natural optimist in me is hoping for a cash injection in January to strengthen the squad, the same in Summer 2017 and League football again by 2018.

I wish.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Shame they were busy today but Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to GI as well....
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Just a bit of fun in all the gloom.

What will GI's FIRST major decision be from today.

Ok

Nicholson sacked is mine
TUST MEMBER
pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

Hmm oh well, we are where we are. Now what ?

Just read the official statement. Its the wording that a new crooked owner wishing to appease the fans would say. It is also the wording that a genuine new concern would say. You can't read anything in to it and the only way that we will know what their true intentions are will be by subsequent actions.

No doubt some will say we should be protesting at the boxing day match. Unless something surprisingly bad comes out in the next few days count me out as despite ALL my concerns which are still there I will give them some time to prove by their actions that they have the long term interest of the club at heart. Some things like getting a proper structure in place makes a lot of sense and nobody should argue at that. To my mind the more people that get to the FGR game the better as this will show that the clubs potential is there.

Having said that my gut feeling is that the best case scenario is that we will stabilise into a safe NFL team, will probably move in 5 or 6 years time to a new stadium and they will get their money back through developing Plainmoor. I think we could be going through a similar period of uncertainty some way down the line when they have achieved their aims ( not all of which are so bad) and they wish to offload the club. Perhaps the TUST will be in a better position then to take over ?
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

:goodpost:

Agreed - we are stuck with GI for better or for worse.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

pnutgull wrote:Hmm oh well, we are where we are. Now what ?

Just read the official statement. Its the wording that a new crooked owner wishing to appease the fans would say. It is also the wording that a genuine new concern would say. You can't read anything in to it and the only way that we will know what their true intentions are will be by subsequent actions.

No doubt some will say we should be protesting at the boxing day match. Unless something surprisingly bad comes out in the next few days count me out as despite ALL my concerns which are still there I will give them some time to prove by their actions that they have the long term interest of the club at heart. Some things like getting a proper structure in place makes a lot of sense and nobody should argue at that. To my mind the more people that get to the FGR game the better as this will show that the clubs potential is there.

Having said that my gut feeling is that the best case scenario is that we will stabilise into a safe NFL team, will probably move in 5 or 6 years time to a new stadium and they will get their money back through developing Plainmoor. I think we could be going through a similar period of uncertainty some way down the line when they have achieved their aims ( not all of which are so bad) and they wish to offload the club. Perhaps the TUST will be in a better position then to take over ?
:goodpost:
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

Theres a whole lot of whiners out there.
I think the last chairman was telling the truth, I.e. we were going down the pan.
So what's the worst that can happen?
If our team were doing well both on and off the pitch then we'd have lots to lose, but we've been slowly getting worse so I don't know why everyone is so unhappy that someone has bought us out!

So, people should quit moaning and hope for things to go well, rather than talking about protests etc.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

toastkid wrote:Theres a whole lot of whiners out there.
I think the last chairman was telling the truth, I.e. we were going down the pan.
So what's the worst that can happen?
If our team were doing well both on and off the pitch then we'd have lots to lose, but we've been slowly getting worse so I don't know why everyone is so unhappy that someone has bought us out!

So, people should quit moaning and hope for things to go well, rather than talking about protests etc.
Because genuine good offers were dismissed and the offer that the chairman himself said was a bad company was accepted. Yes we were going down the pan but the way it's been handled has been shameful. Sadly this isn't a put up and shut up situation.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Neal wrote:Just a bit of fun in all the gloom.

What will GI's FIRST major decision be from today.

Ok

Nicholson sacked is mine
Mel Hayman to walk back in the door (having probably still got much left in her pocket from her payoff!). Shockingly they probably won't announce this however (if it proves to be correct!).
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Give Gilbert a game wrote:How much will season tickets be in the Peninsular League ? At least there will be lots of local derbies.

What are the odds on Osborne being there on Boxing Day ? I'd give you 1,000,000 to one.
I'll have 50p with you,

if he shows up, I'll use the 500 grand to buy the club from him.

Simple.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Seems Nicho is safe (for now anyway!)
http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/t ... story.html
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Richinns wrote:Seems Nicho is safe (for now anyway!)
http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/t ... story.html

That's Nicho gone by end of Jan .... having received the dreaded Chairman's " we are backing the manager" statement !!!!!!!!
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Fair enough. Can't fault what he has said. We can only support the club as we are doing.

Actions speak louder than words but keep supporting.