Gaming International have taken our club hostage

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

aggrey_25 wrote:all makes interesting reading, with the new owners you can only judge them on what they say and do and as nothing has actually happened yet. i would suggest people bare this in mind, if then it becomes clear their intentions are not in the best interests of the fans and club then we can voice our opinion and concerns.

i have to agree Phillips is a disgrace and a coward, a snake who is in it soley for himself, that is one thing that is clear. i do believe nicho will be relieved of his duties and someone new will come in which doesn't really bother me.

hopefully if someone else comes in he might have connections with a goalscorer which we currently don't have.

is it such a bad thing selling the ground and relocating? be good to hear peoples thoughts on this
Was it a coincidence that (the striker) Rory Fallon and Durrell Berry had their contracts cancelled by Truro yesterday?
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

the thing is there still is time for fans/TUST to save the club from GI

but would Phillips ever do that? Clearly no his £40K is all he cares for

I imagine the 6 or so directors who left (from the original take over) removing their money, £180K, has led to this
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

We can all speculate as much as we want for as long as we want but what we all need is the truth - and that's where a decent local media should step in and tell us.
But the chances of that happening are slim to nothing sadly.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

aggrey_25 wrote:all makes interesting reading, with the new owners you can only judge them on what they say and do and as nothing has actually happened yet. i would suggest people bare this in mind, if then it becomes clear their intentions are not in the best interests of the fans and club then we can voice our opinion and concerns.

i have to agree Phillips is a disgrace and a coward, a snake who is in it soley for himself, that is one thing that is clear. i do believe nicho will be relieved of his duties and someone new will come in which doesn't really bother me.

hopefully if someone else comes in he might have connections with a goalscorer which we currently don't have.

is it such a bad thing selling the ground and relocating? be good to hear peoples thoughts on this
My God - a non hysterical post at last.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

i have to agree Phillips is a disgrace and a coward, a snake who is in it soley for himself, that is one thing that is clear.Ii do believe nicho will be relieved of his duties and someone new will come in which doesn't really bother me.

So your not worried that Nicho could be sacked. and then you think his replacemnt will come in and bring a goalscorer. are you totally deluded or what. Nico brought in a goalscorer. but we can't afford to keep him so what makes you think another man at the helm will do what Nicho can't afford to do. anyone could bring in a proven goalscorer if given enough money and that is the crux. we haven't enough money. in fact we haven't enough money to keep going with the team we have at the moment.
by the way what happened to the money we had to lodge with the National league as a surety that we would be able to honour our commitment to the end of a season.
As regards a new ground. It will be a bad thing if we end up moving to a new stadium and are then charged a rent we can't afford and don't receive any income for the concessions. fan base won't give us enough income to survive let alone get stay in this league
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

I will be gutted if Nicho is sacked and I don't want to move from Plainmoor. it would be better to invest in a 4G pitch, so that no games are called off etc.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

What a disgusting, deceitful and ultimately devastating collaboration. An absolute disgrace that people with the supposed interests of the club at heart have allowed this to happen on their watch. This is on them. I’m talking about the so-called ‘supporters’ in the directors box, the self-serving ‘hired help’ from Cornwall and the local paper that have failed to report any of this in a non-biased, investigative manner. Even the governing bodies, and their less-than-watertight rules that allow anyone, whatever their intentions, purchase and destroy the very organisations they have a duty of care to protect. These people were collectively the guardians of our football club, and they’ve let us all down. Those that supported the club in the past, those that continue to stand by it, and those that would’ve come after us. We’re the victims of a crime. Our final hope is the council? Might as well put the padlocks on the turnstiles now. They’re so broke, and morally corrupt there’s not a chance they’ll stand in the way of a cash windfall. All of these are complicit in a whitewash - the destruction of what, in most towns, would be considered a vital element of the community. The local football club should be cherished, and protected. Not sold off, for personal gain. This will forever be their legacy. If they had an ounce of conscience among them they’d stop it. There is still time. I’m not holding my breath.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I suggest if you believe that the club is doing something wrong, everyone e-mail the Herald Express stating you want an investigation by the press I did at 10am this morning.
It's a way of showing your disapproval.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Fonda wrote:What a disgusting, deceitful and ultimately devastating collaboration. An absolute disgrace that people with the supposed interests of the club at heart have allowed this to happen on their watch. This is on them. I’m talking about the so-called ‘supporters’ in the directors box, the self-serving ‘hired help’ from Cornwall and the local paper that have failed to report any of this in a non-biased, investigative manner. Even the governing bodies, and their less-than-watertight rules that allow anyone, whatever their intentions, purchase and destroy the very organisations they have a duty of care to protect. These people were collectively the guardians of our football club, and they’ve let us all down. Those that supported the club in the past, those that continue to stand by it, and those that would’ve come after us. We’re the victims of a crime. Our final hope is the council? Might as well put the padlocks on the turnstiles now. They’re so broke, and morally corrupt there’s not a chance they’ll stand in the way of a cash windfall. All of these are complicit in a whitewash - the destruction of what, in most towns, would be considered a vital element of the community. The local football club should be cherished, and protected. Not sold off, for personal gain. This will forever be their legacy. If they had an ounce of conscience among them they’d stop it. There is still time. I’m not holding my breath.
:goodpost: anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional or complicit I'm afraid
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

The posting above by Fonda is the beat in these 24 pages.
So many people have to hang their heads in shame.
Will they??
Will they f**k as like!!
Their arrogance stiil convinces them they have acted in the best interests of the club.
May they rot in hell.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Fonda wrote:What a disgusting, deceitful and ultimately devastating collaboration. An absolute disgrace that people with the supposed interests of the club at heart have allowed this to happen on their watch. This is on them. I’m talking about the so-called ‘supporters’ in the directors box, the self-serving ‘hired help’ from Cornwall and the local paper that have failed to report any of this in a non-biased, investigative manner. Even the governing bodies, and their less-than-watertight rules that allow anyone, whatever their intentions, purchase and destroy the very organisations they have a duty of care to protect. These people were collectively the guardians of our football club, and they’ve let us all down. Those that supported the club in the past, those that continue to stand by it, and those that would’ve come after us. We’re the victims of a crime. Our final hope is the council? Might as well put the padlocks on the turnstiles now. They’re so broke, and morally corrupt there’s not a chance they’ll stand in the way of a cash windfall. All of these are complicit in a whitewash - the destruction of what, in most towns, would be considered a vital element of the community. The local football club should be cherished, and protected. Not sold off, for personal gain. This will forever be their legacy. If they had an ounce of conscience among them they’d stop it. There is still time. I’m not holding my breath.

Well said. :goodpost: :goodpost: I agree with your words and your heartfelt sentiments. I feel so angry at the way in which the Board has behaved. This club's is precious to its fans, we have lived through its history good and bad.
Last edited by gullintwoplaces on 21 Dec 2016, 08:37, edited 1 time in total.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Yep, it's all done and dusted, guys.....

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 79254.aspx
TUST member 203
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Some shitty let's just say something that sounds appeasing kind of statement. ...forum in the new year....f off GI ....think after all this we deserve at minimum a press conference with the persons involved ....

Not going boxing day now unless a protest outside
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

divingbboy wrote:Yep, it's all done and dusted, guys.....

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 79254.aspx
Can't wait to see if what they've said re "long term plan" is sustained.

Our initial work is to ensure that the Club is stable whilst compiling a 5-year plan to secure the Clubs future and bring high level football entertainment to Torbay.......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468