Gaming International have taken our club hostage

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Some people have more money than sense I suppose.
TUST MEMBER
Mrdistance
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Brendan. Moore

Post by Mrdistance »

Neal. Most likely I agree , I'm working as a consultant for them so not my money But can say I have spoken to. Rob. Sharon and Nicho and they know who I am . Money was going to be invested on top of the £640 k needed to buy club and keep it going until June . Council have agreed to sell the land to new owners , Chinese happy to buy of course but you can not sell it until new ground is bulky in a few years .
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Please get in touch with GI then and offer to buy them out.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Steady, hasn't anyone spotted the familiar posting style yet, I have. The.number.of.full.stops.should.give.it.away.

mrdistance is Mushroom, and I win the prize.
Formerly known as forevertufc
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

be interested to hear a lot more please mr distance, with the amount of money swilling about in chinese football at the moment, and the country in general, plus the weak pound, this does seem more and more plausible the more you think about it. we are a challenge, things cant get a lot worse and our debt is tiny compared to a lot, so it does make sense. obviously its not ideal having to sell the club to a foreign investor, but selling it to fans has proved unpopular and costly, and selling to a known property developer is even worse.
still keeping the faith
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Okay Mr Distance if you get Dave Thomas of the Herald Express to verify and publish all this we are very happy as fans to talk turkey here. In that situation we may be able to assist in some way.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Neal wrote:Some people have more money than sense I suppose.
I don't think it's that - theoretically a well-run club could make money. It's difficult, but it's possible, especially if off-field revenues are maximised. It could be a case of somebody (like this group) spending fairly big to start with, then stabilising outgoings later on as the profits increase. League 1 is not an unreasonable place to aim for, either - a lot more away fans bringing money into the club helps, and if the owners want to de-franchise boots and laces and the refreshments (I believe these are run by outside companies?) that's something as well.

I mean, it's a gamble at some level, of course.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

Post by clemy1989 »

Would the chinese consider attempting dialogue with GI. With the aim of buying them out?
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Interesting, thanks for replying and in so much detail. I look forward to seeing your story in the news.
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

im really getting pi**ed off with this . chinese, americans, midlanders. who else was it? never realised our little potless club was so desirable. im with you forevertufc i reckon its fungus face.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Perhaps this is why Rob Stanley offered his resignation as he knew this was the best deal.
Mrdistance
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Brendan. Moore

Post by Mrdistance »

The company will write it and send to. Dave. Thomas We were told of Boots and Laces and Club Shop /Catering alll these would have been taking back in house . If I can answer fans questions and the Chinese permit that answer which I believe will be the case most of the time I will . I am not on here all the time but will look out for questions . If any one knows Rob or Sharon I'm happy if you ask who I am I do not live in Torquay or work for the Club just had good times when visiting with my other clubs during many years , and wanted to help the club out .
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Not mushroom, but certainly not representing any Chinese investors either....unless he has gone up into the world very quickly

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Dazza wrote:Okay Mr Distance if you get Dave Thomas of the Herald Express to verify and publish all this we are very happy as fans to talk turkey here.
Sensible Dazza. Lets not keep our eyes off GI for one second. It's unsubstantiated stuff. Get it substantiated in at least that form, please, Mr Distance. Very concerned people will be very interested if what you say is true.
Last edited by Rjc70 on 19 Dec 2016, 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

S4fedr1ve wrote:im really getting pi**ed off with this . chinese, americans, midlanders. who else was it? never realised our little potless club was so desirable. im with you forevertufc i reckon its fungus face.
Agreed, it's making my sides hurt. Mind you mushroom seems to have reeled a few in under his new username though, :-/
Formerly known as forevertufc