Gaming International have taken our club hostage

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

brucie wrote:Do you really think that Osborne "is going to be honest with the fans" - this is the bloke who ten days ago was denying that GI were involved in any takeover.

This is the same Osborne who hadn't been anywhere near a Torquay match when they were supposed to be buying the club earlier in the year.

Do you really think the likes of Masters/Osborne will be good for the club?

They just want the ground for their own ends, that's the top and bottom of it. The one thing that Masters/Osborne and Phillips have in common are that they are blatant downright LIARS - the lot of them.

It already seems that people want "to give them the benefit of the doubt" - its amazing how easily people can be duped and hoodwinked, they will lap up any bullshit however it is fed to them.
:goodpost:
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

I will support the club to the end, even if that is the end of the season.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

lucy6lucy wrote: This alleged Chinese group could not release funds until after the new year, ? Strange I can transfer funds from my bank at a push of a button on my iPad.

Its not strange at all. if they were interested in investing they would want to put money into the club when they are in charge.
But one thing they would not do is press a button and put money in immediately just because someone already in charge tells them to. they would need guarantees that that individual would not misuse the money. that the money was needed and that it was safe . many times people have invested in some venture and then found themselves unprotected.
Think back not so long ago to a certain pensioner who supported our club with his savings and then found he had lost the lot because of a certain idiot called Chris Roberts.
Or maybe i should put it another way. your one of the new investors and the club your buying has said things are desperate and they need you to put money in immediate. Are you going to open up your laptop and say hey guys give us a total and I will send it immediately. nothing written. no lawyers involved. no gaurantees that you will see the money again, which by the way smacks of the way the present board have behaved if the posts are to be believed. They put money in, accepted loans from GI then have been effectively blackmailed into signing the club over. even I am wise enough to not do that. But if you feel thats ok by all means go ahead and do it.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

brucie wrote:Do you really think that Osborne "is going to be honest with the fans" - this is the bloke who ten days ago was denying that GI were involved in any takeover.

This is the same Osborne who hadn't been anywhere near a Torquay match when they were supposed to be buying the club earlier in the year.

Do you really think the likes of Masters/Osborne will be good for the club?

They just want the ground for their own ends, that's the top and bottom of it. The one thing that Masters/Osborne and Phillips have in common are that they are blatant downright LIARS - the lot of them.

It already seems that people want "to give them the benefit of the doubt" - its amazing how easily people can be duped and hoodwinked, they will lap up any bullshit however it is fed to them.
Good posting but also agree with the one after about giving them a chance to make a statement.

Yes people can be hoodwinked VERY easily. Everyday we here it on the news, and boy do some seem ridiculous, but yes people fall for it time and time again.

Put it this way, I DONT TRUST THEM! Thats my prerogative. And I WILL withhold my support, thats my prerogative as well. If Im proved wrong great, hope that's the case.
TUST MEMBER
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

What time is the press conference today??? is the space for fans to go and watch too?
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

HE online reporting Press Conference "delayed". Perhaps saying goodbye to Nicho before Steve Tully moves in?
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Nicho saying on BBC website that he doesn't know what the future holds. For someone who has signed a 3 year contract you would have hoped he would have been kept in the loop.

If he doesn't like what he hears from the new board, I fully expect him to go and who could blame him. He wants what is best for the club.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

There is no way KN will be walking away from TUFC of his own accord, he will either stay, or be relieved of his duties.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Thegulls1981
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Thegulls1981 »

Rumours coming out he has been sacked but also GI haven't turned up... which completely contradict each other!

God knows what's going on!
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

This is getting ridiculous!! What the hell is going on with our club??!!!!!!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

"Torquay officials say they've had a phone conversation with GI and are hoping meetings may take place this afternoon."

Real show of intent to the fans. They give zero ****!

Know they have us over a barrel and can do what they want!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

If the majority are against the GI deal (given everything I have read then rightly so!!) then given that the takeover deal requires approval from both the Football Association and the National League would it be appropriate to suggest that it would be a REALLY good idea for the TUST to submit a clear statement to both the FA and the NL specifically addressing the suitability (or lack there of) of the take over bid?

Naturally this would need to happen fast TODAY!

Who would need to take this on? From everything I have read this deal needs to be stopped and I'm sure its possible!

LETS SAVE OUR CLUB!!
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

ITV Sport reporting "no show from new owners". Meetings had been arranged for this morning with football management and backroom staff.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

Good Afternoon

Is it any surprise that GI haven’t bothered to show up for todays press conference at Torquay United FC?. When are YOU as the local ‘rag’ gonna represent the people of the area and put it out there and express their disgust at this takeover???? You must as reporters be aware of the disgust from fans, yet have failed time and time again to express the thousands of fans opinions.

When are you going top let the people of Torbay know about the Chinese investors willing to save the club and keep the football team alive? Is the herald and its sport journalists involved in the back hand, brown envelope dealings, so obviously happening at Plainmoor???

It is fundamentally wrong to only report one side of the story and the herald has only ever reproduced comments from the board members. YOU are as much responsible as Philips of watching the club be sold down the pan. Get out of your office and do some real journalism and help save our club!!! Aa

Allow the children of Torbay continue to have the dream of playing for their home town team.

YOU are contributing to the downfall!!!!!

have just sent this to the BBC, evening herald, TUFC and mayors office of Torquay. I for one am willing to put it out there, I guess the more people try and get it out there the better, I'm lucky, I'm home on leave today, not everybodys got time to send countless emails but just sending 1 might help!

wave got to try to save our club, stop GI's takeover and get it out in the community how the club needs saving from these crooks
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

lucy6lucy wrote: This alleged Chinese group could not release funds until after the new year, ? Strange I can transfer funds from my bank at a push of a button on my iPad.
I don't know anything about the veracity of this rumour but I know from experience how hard it can be to have fund transferred across the world. It's not as easy as you make, especially given it's likely to be more than a few quid.

Plus - companies very rarely have a lot of liquid cash lying around (unless you're Apple) - it's not good business to have money sitting somewhere doing nothing
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.