Gaming International have taken our club hostage

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

I do feel that if Steve Breed was still on the board then this deal wouldn't have happened. Maybe that's why he left the position.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Wasn't he made redundant? Not sure it was his decision.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

If ever the BBC want to make a new series of faulty towers, it will be a blockbuster
Lucy
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

Where was this Chinese lot before last week how do we know they wouldnt have pulled out before completion like everyone else.

Hell of a lot of talk on here from people who seem to know an awful lot. If theres one thing i have learnt in my life and that is there are two sides to every story. If i dont see facts then i have no reason to believe.

For my part i hope this is the beginning of something better for our club. Maybe it will be maybe it wont time will tell. And theres no point fretting because there is bu**er all any of us can do about it.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

S4fedr1ve wrote:Where was this Chinese lot before last week how do we know they wouldnt have pulled out before completion like everyone else.

Hell of a lot of talk on here from people who seem to know an awful lot. If theres one thing i have learnt in my life and that is there are two sides to every story. If i dont see facts then i have no reason to believe.

For my part i hope this is the beginning of something better for our club. Maybe it will be maybe it wont time will tell. And theres no point fretting because there is bu**er all any of us can do about it.
Have to admit for a national league club takeover, this must be the most interesting of the all. We have had numerous consortiums from brum ,USA, China, and of course Swindon, may as well throw Slough into the mix. All we can hope is that Torbay council look after their home town football club in the coming months. All we can do now is hope GI see this a new business adventure that can enhance there company, i.e. Loss leader
Lucy
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I'm surprised nobody representing the group from Saturn have posted yet. I heard they were going to invest billions of Galaxy Dollars on a new arena (stadium is so last year) where we were going to also see live tortoise fighting every Monday afternoon.

No doubt there will be another account with 4 posts to their name coming online soon to tell us how close they were.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular

Post by IanGull01 »

As reported on HE website tonight, even Nicho doesn't know what the plans are going forward. I thought he signed a 3 year deal back when GI first came in as agreed by them?

Should we be worried that he will go on Monday when a further announcement is made.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

IanGull01 wrote:As reported on HE website tonight, even Nicho doesn't know what the plans are going forward. I thought he signed a 3 year deal back when GI first came in as agreed by them?

Should we be worried that he will go on Monday when a further announcement is made.
Your right, communication is the issue. At present Torquay don't deal in communication. If GI do get rid of Nicholson it will cost them 2.5 years of a contract. Money at moment is best spent on squad, if that is there intention (again no one knows, as no communication). It could be that GI are shitting themselves, as they might for once have to honour being , an alleged honourable company. But the fact is we don't know.
Lucy
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Burnhamgull wrote:I'm surprised nobody representing the group from Saturn have posted yet. I heard they were going to invest billions of Galaxy Chocolate bars on a new arena (stadium is so last year) where we were going to also see live tortoise fighting every Monday afternoon.

No doubt there will be another account with 4 posts to their name coming online soon to tell us how close they were.
Edited for possible accuracy ?
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

If GI were to take the club back into the Football League and perhaps, ultimately, the Championship, along with a smart new stadium and various new revenue streams, I'm sure they and everyone else will be very happy. What other options do they have?
Last edited by Gullscorer on 17 Dec 2016, 22:28, edited 1 time in total.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Surely if GI are not concerned with the football team as alleged then Nico's job is safe, because as you say it would cost them 2.5 years salary, money they surely do want to spend.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

So, Thaea hands the club to the, now, previous owners for next to nothing, yet we are supposed to feel sorry for Dave and the gang because they wouldn't sell the club to anybody unless they made their money back?

Sorry, but what a bunch of money grabbing cretins.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Did Nicho get a contract or was that another lie?

Genuine question I'm not an insider.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular

Post by IanGull01 »

Nicho confirmed at Fans forum that he had signed contract about 2 weeks before the forum. Even though we were told it was way before that.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

From memory he was hesitant to answer if he had though on the fans forum video. Absolute mess!
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest