Lathrope Out For The Season

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

It will come as a surprise to one or two who post on here, but most fans (even those who post on Forums) are not total idiots. I log into the Aldershot Forum from time to time (cos I'm an old git and got nothing better to do) and when Lathrope signed for us, one of their Forum members who in my opinion posts sesnsibly wrote something on the lines of 'Damon is carrying a long-term injury but he could be okay if the injury is managed carefully'. Obviously, the club would have known this when Damon signed. He's probably on a low-cost contract because of his injury so it was a calculated gamble that hasn't paid off.

I was a great fan of Lathrope when he was playing in Martin Ling's side, but I think we've all seen that he isn't the same player now as he was then - sadly for Damon.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

It does make you wonder why we signed Damon with his obvious injury problems when Shaun Harrad wanted to stay.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:It does make you wonder why we signed Damon with his obvious injury problems when Shaun Harrad wanted to stay.
Because the manager felt a defensive central midfielder was more important than a striker?
It does make you wonder just how knackered Danny Racchi is...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Yet to play a game this season, so even worse than Lathrope. He's commentating on our game tomorrow, so will probably give an update then, but even when physically fit he's still not match fit. With Richards, Young, Ward and Chaney we probably have other priorities as well.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

PhilGull wrote: Because the manager felt a defensive central midfielder was more important than a striker?
It does make you wonder just how knackered Danny Racchi is...

Can't remember Harrad playing as a striker when he was with us? Didn't he play on the wing for Wrexham against us?
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.