MOTM - Solihull

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Very pleased to see such a positive response; it must have been a good game.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

wivelgull wrote:Very pleased to see such a positive response; it must have been a good game.
....... but in our euphoria at a good home win, it hasn't escaped our notice that Whitby Town suffered an 'Argyle-type' home defeat on Tuesday night, Wivel. I expect you, just like the unbiased Argyle fans, blamed the referee ...... whistle:
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

tomogull wrote: ....... but in our euphoria at a good home win, it hasn't escaped our notice that Whitby Town suffered an 'Argyle-type' home defeat on Tuesday night, Wivel. I expect you, just like the unbiased Argyle fans, blamed the referee ...... whistle:
An Argyle fan at work said their Tuesday night defeat was entirely down to the atrocious referee (the worst he had ever seen), of course I scoffed at this. :rofl:

But when he then said that it was a local referee who had been drafted in to save another ref from travelling in the appalling weather I began to have my suspicions as to the likely cuplprit. I asked if he knew the name and he said it was.........Brett Huxtable. :O
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

It's almost as if Huxtable goes out of his way to tilt against the local team. It's as if he runs opposite to the maxim 'say what you see'.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

At Whitby it wasn't the referee (a 'local' from Bishop Auckland) but the team!