Atmosphere on matchday

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

goody2449 wrote:But that's the point, yes the footballs not great, its national league, what do you expect? but the library like atmosphere around Plainmoor isn't helping matters. Yes we go there and pay our money to be entertained, but come on, the fans have got to play their part too.
I expect it to be better. I went to see Leek Town v Northwich Victoria a few weeks ago, in the Northern Premier League Division One South, and the football was barely any worse than the dross I saw served up at the last Torquay game I went to at Macclesfield back in August.

The fans have played their part, and continue to do so by paying a not insignificant amount of money every week. The club should be thankful the fans are turning up at all after the years of disappointment that have prevailed, when you see your team lose week in week out without even a whimper then you can't blame people for not creating an great atmosphere.
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Goalkeeper

Post by Fred Perry »

Just read , most clubs bar Everton & Liverpool WANT terracing to return ( German style safe terracing ).

Probably Everton would like to , but showing in their eyes respect to Liverpool / Hillsborough.

Much as I like scousers , they need to move on from not reading The Sun and getting their knickers in a twist , regarding introducing safe terracing and MORE atmosphere at matches !!.

We could say the same about cruise liners / the Titanic / road / rail deaths - we are using them more than ever before !!.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Mr. Fred, in the 'favourite player' information to the right of the contributions, write ROBIN STUBBS.
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Fred Perry »

Just found out Liverpool DO want German style safe terracing.

The only Club who does NOT in Premiership is Everton.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

What are you **** [word removed] wibbling on about?

Put the **** Daily Wail down and have a look around Plainmoor, it's got **** terracing and it's mostly occupied by people making no noise whatsoever.

To equate this, somehow, to being the fault of the EU is absolutely definitely the sign of [Edited]

Also, OP, this Premier Ship of which you speak, do you think we might borrow it for tonight's match if the pitch is flooded and we don't have any success in sweeping off the water with our West Brooms?

Matt.

ADMIN - this post has been edited to remove inappropriate words.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Fred Perry »

Matt

The Hillsborough scenario together with the corrupt " out of control " EU didn't help matters in the UK , on enjoying yourself at football.

We are leaving the EU and some of their stupid laws forced on the UK.

By the sounds of it , Liverpool supporters are MOVING on and want German style safe terracing , to IMPROVE match day atmosphere.

The UK WAS loosing its own identity, with all and sundry moving here , including quite a few illegal people.

I am not Racist, in fact have many Black Carribean , Asian , Irish , Polish etc friends.

The UK was becoming a soft touch , too politically correct Country , loosing its own identity.

No longer !!!...
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Fred Perry wrote:Matt

The Hillsborough scenario together with the corrupt " out of control " EU didn't help matters in the UK , on enjoying yourself at football.

By the sounds of it , Liverpool supporters are MOVING on and want German style safe terracing , to IMPROVE match day atmosphere.

The UK WAS loosing its own identity, with all and sundry moving here , including quite a few illegal people.

I am not Racist, in fact have many Black Carribean , Asian , Irish , Polish etc friends.

The UK was becoming a soft touch , too politically correct Country , loosing its own identity.

No longer !!!...
I don't know if you noticed but Germany, where they enjoy their football standing up, is in the EU. So where does your first paragraph about the EU ruining our football come from.
Just **** off back to Solihull.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

No longer !!!...

I despair. Yes we (not me but the majority of us) advised the Government that we want to leave the EU. In doing this the Government will assimilate ALL EU laws in to our own statute books. Germany is part of the EU. Which UK identity are you blithering on about? The people of Cornwall, the rest of the Suth West, the Isle of Wight, London, the South East, East Anglia, the Midlands, North Wales, South Wales, the North West, the North East, the Scottish Highlands, the Scottish Lowlands, the Isle Of Man, Northern Ireland Republicans, Northern Ireland Unionists, Jersey, Guernsey - all of the areas, these people, identify differently. As for immigration, since when was Africa, the Caribean or the Indian sub-contonent part of the EU. Are you that **** stupid? Leaving the EU will have no effect on immigration. What small decreases we see in EU members coming to the UK will be taken up by members of former Empire countries. By leaving the EU, you will see, shock horror, MORE brown people!

ADMIN EDIT - offensive word removed.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

No longer !!!...
Jesus Christ there is so much wrong with this. I studied the EU for four years, safe to say you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Also, the old "I can't be racist because I have black friends"?

And for god's sake, I see so many people doing this, it's "losing" not "loosing". You moan about Britain losing it's identity, you can barely write in our language!
MarkL
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by MarkL »

Well that escalated quickly!

Personally I used to think one of the best things about the UK was multi-culturalism and our welcoming nature. I hope those days return and we can all look at people who have arrived from further ashore with affection while we enjoy our freedom of movement to the far-flung glories our planet has to offer once more.

....While I dream on, you'll hear my big mouth on the terraces for years to come. We're on a low right now but I've definitely heard it quieter at Plainmoor. I think the fans have done well to be so patient.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Can't spell, can't use suitable grammar, speaks in little but empty rhetoric, tells everyone how not racist he is despite blaming those of other races and nationalities for causing 'his country' to 'lose it's identity' (or loose it's identity).

You're just a knuckle dragging stereotype whose views belong in the 19th Century.

Tell me, honestly, how many times you've been at football and genuinely thought to yourself, "I'd be having a great time if now if only we weren't in the EU".
Don't bother, the answer is zero. Zero times that has happened.
As to 'offending people', what exactly do you want to chant. N******s N******s **** off home? There ain't no black in the Union Jack so send the buggers back? Um Bongo Um Bongo they hang them in the Congo?

No, didn't think so. You want to chant Yellow Army and Come On Torquay. I'll ask another question: how often has someone asked you to stop singing these things because they're 'offended'?
Again, don't bother, the answer is zero.

Anyway, can't stay, I'm a senior manager for the NHS and I've heard there's a bloke knocking about with a cheque for £350m he wants to give me.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I'm going to lock this thread for a bit as it's getting out of hand now.

If you want to carry on the discussion regarding the EU and "Brexit" please do so on the popside - though please try and play nicely and avoid throwing insults at each other. That way, posts don't need to be edited!!

Thanks.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com