A Midlands Consortium

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

That post just says that the "quote is the deal has fallen through". Doesn't say where this quote is from or how he knows about it. I'll wait until something more definitive appears.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I think the TFF poster is guilty of poor use grammer using the word 'quote' instead of 'rumour'. In the BTPIR forum someone reports Dave Philips indicating to someone at half time that the deal was off.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Plainmoor78 wrote:I think the TFF poster is guilty of poor use grammer using the word 'quote' instead of 'rumour'. In the BTPIR forum someone reports Dave Philips indicating to someone at half time that the deal was off.

But the whole message was
"The Chairman was indicating to someone at half time that the deal was off; at the end of the game he said that 'it was all up in the air'."
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Would these be the same sources that are adamant Lee Mansell is signing for us?
The same Lee Mansell who hasn't signed for us and was never going to?
The same place that now says this deal is dead?

Draw your own conclusions.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

What's worse than knowing whether there IS a take over or there is NOT a takeover during the "early part if this week" answer- being told that the deal MIGHT have fallen through! Or it's "up in the air" Could only happen to TUFC fans. Kept in the dark, no definitive confirmation one way or another, as usual kept in total agonising drawn out suspense. You either want it or you don't.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

notnow wrote:What's worse than knowing whether there IS a take over or there is NOT a takeover during the "early part if this week" answer- being told that the deal MIGHT have fallen through! Or it's "up in the air" Could only happen to TUFC fans. Kept in the dark, no definitive confirmation one way or another, as usual kept in total agonising drawn out suspense. You either want it or you don't.
Totally agree. We get our hopes built up. But the club have no obligation to tell us any updates regarding this, as it was never news of their interest to takeover or if it has indeed fallen through. If anything the HE need to update us. Not fans forums where anything can be said out of context.
Lucy
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

ferrarilover wrote:Would these be the same sources that are adamant Lee Mansell is signing for us?
The same Lee Mansell who hasn't signed for us and was never going to?
The same place that now says this deal is dead?

Draw your own conclusions.

Matt.
Most of the stuff on forums is total bullsh8t

Believe nothing, be better for mental health :)
TUST MEMBER
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Neal wrote: Most of the stuff on forums is total bullsh8t

Believe nothing, be better for mental health :)
We don't mind you putting your "stuff" on here :lol:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Yes, most of it...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I agree with Mr. Neal, but it's good fun, ain't it?
Soupdragon
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Woods

Post by Soupdragon »

lucy6lucy wrote: Totally agree. We get our hopes built up. But the club have no obligation to tell us any updates regarding this, as it was never news of their interest to takeover or if it has indeed fallen through. If anything the HE need to update us. Not fans forums where anything can be said out of context.
Lucy, if you wait for the HE to update you, you'll still be here when our phoenix club has risen from the ashes and gone on to win the Champions League.

It's only in the last couple of weeks that the HE has even acknowledged that our club is facing any sort of a problem. We've been in a dire situation since at least August 2015 (remember all those grim warnings on another site about how we would be gone by October?), and then think about how much of that the HE has reported, you'll see that it's very, very little. Plus, of course, the HE will always throw its own spin on things, in the hope that they might sell another two or three copies.

The correct and proper outlet for club news is from the actual club. But we all know just how good they are at communicating, don't we?

So, on both counts, don't hold your breath!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Is it a case of no news is good news, or in the world of Torquay united, no news is bad news.
Lucy
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

Norman smurthwaite anyone !
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Would be great if true. Is this speculation or anything behind it?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Well I know that RR has provided accurate information in the past. I don't think that there would be many people who wouldn't bite you arms (and both legs off) to have the Smurf riding in to rescue us.

A lovable eccentric with a big gob but has the cash to go with it and not afraid to stump it up either. Oh how I wish it were true. However he didn't sell Port Vale and seems to have lashed loads of cash on getting them promoted.

So I cannot see how he can be involved (unless he is doing it by proxy of course)

However as far as I can see we have the precise totally of zero offers on the table and seem to be destined for the clutches of GI.