A Midlands Consortium

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

A Midlands Consortium

Post by Orange Gull »

According to the Herald there is a Midlands consortium with whom talks to buy the club have progressed far quicker than anticipated. The deal could go through as early as next week apparently. Thoughts?

http://m.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/tor ... story.html
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Great news if true but we've been down this road too many times before for it only to come to naught.

I'll wait until the deal is signed sealed and delivered before I do any cartwheels.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Anything to do with someone connected to Port Vale?? :}
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:Anything to do with someone connected to Port Vale?? :}
Yeah Smurthwaite came to mind upon seeing this headline.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Orange Gull wrote: Yeah Smurthwaite came to mind upon seeing this headline.
Great minds think alike, he's also moved down to Devon hasn't he?
Lucy
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I think the Board need to be congratulated for all their hard work whether this comes to anything or not. A lot of uninformed flack has been flung there way and it must be bloody hurtful. Right or wrong they have always acted in the clubs interest . Its easy to slag people off - i very much hope that when a history of the club gets written at its next anniversary these people get a chapter of their own.
I hope all well this week for the club and for them
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

Dazza wrote:I think the Board need to be congratulated for all their hard work whether this comes to anything or not. A lot of uninformed flack has been flung there way and it must be bloody hurtful. Right or wrong they have always acted in the clubs interest . Its easy to slag people off - i very much hope that when a history of the club gets written at its next anniversary these people get a chapter of their own.
:goodpost:
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

lucy6lucy wrote: Great minds think alike, he's also moved down to Devon hasn't he?
Smurthwaite was the first name that came to mind but he invested a hell of a lot of money in Port Vale during the close season with the intention of getting them promoted, though they have fallen away a bit of late. I can't see him wanting to invest heavily in two clubs at the same time.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

He would not be allowed to invest in two clubs at the same time, unless it is done through a proxy.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

Orange Gull wrote: Smurthwaite was the first name that came to mind but he invested a hell of a lot of money in Port Vale during the close season with the intention of getting them promoted, though they have fallen away a bit of late. I can't see him wanting to invest heavily in two clubs at the same time.
I hope then, it's not a dean Edwards consortium
Lucy
Absolutelythirdrate

Post by Absolutelythirdrate »

Could/might/maybe/hopefully/possibly. I'll celebrate after its all signed, sealed and announced.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Dazza wrote:I think the Board need to be congratulated for all their hard work whether this comes to anything or not. A lot of uninformed flack has been flung there way and it must be bloody hurtful. Right or wrong they have always acted in the clubs interest . Its easy to slag people off - i very much hope that when a history of the club gets written at its next anniversary these people get a chapter of their own.
Depending on how things pan out over the next couple of months they are either going to get a chapter of their own or go into the same one as Chris Roberts. I hope for the sake of the club they get one of their own.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I think you have about a 50/50 chance of being correct gullpower :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Please please please let this takeover be done and then as a club we can move on. Stay safe this year and then we can have a real good go next year. Nicho has to stay as well.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

Certain people are quiet tonight? Roadrunner, SG .can you help out on this. It's just we are not used to good news
Lucy