Kieffer and Shawn McCoulsky on loan!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Kieffer and Shawn McCoulsky on loan!

Post by torq2u »

BBC site reports on these two attacking players, Shawn with a bit of pace about him. Looking promising ...

COYY
TUST member 200 ;-)
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by torq2u »

Apols to Mr McCoulsky. His name is Shawn without the "ee" . Bloody predictive sext. Oops I mean TEXT.
TUST member 200 ;-)
Tarrboy1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tarrboy1 »

Yes, positive signings. I've seen Kieffer Moore play a couple of times and he looked decent. Can certainly put the ball in the net anyway.

I'd have perhaps looked at strengthening the back line, particularly at full back (we all know which side) rather than getting in two more attacking options, but beggars cant be choosers and in Nicho I trust. For the moment any way...........

Fingers crossed for some width on Saturday then.

Welcome Kieffer & Shawn(ee).

COYY :scarf:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Torq, you **** idiot, you've spelt Lee Mansell's name completely wrong!

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by torq2u »

It's an anagram, actually Matt. But don't tell anyone.
TUST member 200 ;-)
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Good news to have some new blood, and players who have scored goals previously.

Also pleasing to see that we're acknowledging that we need to strengthen other areas and anyone not performing is free to leave.

I don't think we're that far off having a reasonable mid table team, but we need a few wins to stop the rot and put some distance between ourselves and the bottom four.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Is McCoulsky a winger? Pretty sure Moore is definitely a striker. Is Nicho wanting to a play 4-1-1-1-1-1-1 formation? ;-)
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

But yes, happy to see Moore finally turning up in a Gulls shirt - just hope he can live up to the hype of 5 years ago, or however long ago it was when he first appeared on peoples radar.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

This is really encouraging news. Well done Nicho.

So important we all get to Plainmoor on Saturday and get behind the team.COYY.
Yellowgullyellow

Post by Yellowgullyellow »

I think you're massively overhyping kieffer Moore, he is not our saviour, unless he can play at centre back as he did for a couple of games at Yeovil
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

Keiffer Moore is a former ball boy and trainee who actually supports the club. Therefore, someone who might actually care about winning. While the fellow forward Shawn McCloulsky is fast and good by all accounts. We need a bit more competition for places and it can only be a good thing. Knock a few goals in and then our weak defence might gain confidence in defending a lead. Maybe.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Being a follower of non-league football, I noticed McCoulsky's name appearing with great regularity earlier in the season as a goalscorer for Weston-Super-Mare. At that time, mirabile dictu, W-S-M were at the top of the Conference South! Once McCoulsky left they dropped like a stone and are now in the relegation places. It looks as though one player DID make all the difference.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Like many, my bigger concerns were our defence and the service provided to our present striking roster. That said, both of these know where the net is and have shown that and McCoulsky adds a bit of pace. They are decent additions.

I'm guessing it will mean someone exiting, as in order for Nico to address the other areas, he will be taking into account that he can only have 5 loanees in a matchday squad.

Good luck to both. I can't see that Kieffer Moore would wish to come as a centre back. He's had a fair few games up front already this season. Stranger things have happened, though.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Not wanting to state the obvious but we probably cant afford keep Kieffer BUT can we afford Not to keep him?
Where would we be without those 5 goals?
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

He won't play in the Trophy, so his first month is effectively up. We have York away on 17th December and then Forest Green home and away on Boxing Day and NYD.

The fixture list hasn't helped us in extending it for another month, but possibly if FGR don't want him and he likes it here then it might happen. Most likely options are FGR playing him or selling him, but they're top of the league without him and don't need the money, so leaving him with a non-rival to take points off 4th placed sides might be beneficial.

I hope that Shawn McCoulsky has more to give as well. He's not had a chance yet, but is a 1 in 2 scorer in the NL South and a hot prospect with pace, so a month training with us might help to fill the void if the worst does happen. The trophy game next up is surely a great chance to give him a start and see what he can do playing with Blissett.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats