lee mansell to return

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

lee mansell to return

Post by bixieupnorth »

i've heard from two sources that this is about to happen, anyone heard as well, any opinions??

he's been frozen out where he is now, not played a league game all season. certainly his experience can only help in the middle of the park
still keeping the faith
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

We need experience, we need someone that has a voice, pace don't matter as he will fit in well in that department. He lives in Torquay, he will be fresh and he knows the toughness of this league. Bring him back.
Lucy
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

bixieupnorth wrote:i've heard from two sources that this is about to happen, anyone heard as well
I guess all the people who have been discussing this for the last day and a half on the new players/loan thread may have heard it. :}
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

bixieupnorth wrote:i've heard from two sources that this is about to happen, anyone heard as well, any opinions??

he's been frozen out where he is now, not played a league game all season. certainly his experience can only help in the middle of the park
Old news! Keep up!
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Is someone going to be shipped out? Lathrope is injured, might be a tad harsh to let him go. Richards is most lacking in quality but has the armband and I guess we can't afford to cancel any contracts anyway. Regardless, will be happy to see Manse back :)
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

In fairness to bixie. He created this thread to discuss the thoughts of the return of a long serving player in mansell. Yes, he left when Hargreaves had no money to offer him a wage he could accept. The loan player thread in my opinion does not warrant the respect the return of mansell warrants.
Lucy
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

missed it completely, but as lucy says, yeah it deserves a thread of its own
still keeping the faith
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

My favourite player who ALWAYS gives 100% every game. Lets hope it is true.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

He's been injured and without matches it might take some time to get his fitness levels up.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Gullscorer wrote:If Hargreaves couldn't afford to pay him, how can we afford him now?
He's getting to the end of his prime (if he's not already past it). He has been injured and there is less competition for his signature. In short, his wage demands now will be less than what they were when Hargreaves was here, besides which was that definitely why he left? I thought he had a falling out with Hargreaves. And who says we are even going to pay any wages, if it's a loan to get him fit enough to sell in January then we may get him for a month or two for free...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Not really what's required and doesn't excite me one bit as he hasn't played for ages and we need a better defence. Would he offer more than our present misfiring central midfield options given his lack of game time? If Nico thinks yes, so be it. I'm not convinced and I'd certainly be p*ssed off if Ward was moved aside for this to happen, given how many loanees we would than have without the defensive problems having been addressed.

He hasn't played right back since moaning about it last time. Not a plausible option there.

I think Nico would end up regretting this move if it ever happens.