New Players/Loan

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I expect they could not find any rubber stamps!
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Dave Thomas said GI weren't fussed re the ratification date and it was all systems go the other week. Not that we saw much activity and his next piece announcing something the board say will be accompanied by "fresh from delayed ratification" ....etc..

It'll be ratified. I bet no other clubs fans hear this ratification bollocks when a new owner comes in and goes into hibernation with scant communication barring an early tidbit for the loyal local reporter to disseminate and for some reason the Council starts setting meetings to discuss the ownership of the long-time Council owned ground.

Apparently GI were bemoaning the previous owners lack of communication at a recent club hosted local business breakfast meeting. I'm sure present Chairman Dave Phillips (think that's what DT said) was pleased with the appraisal. Followed up by the guff we heard a few months ago now re big plans, soon to hear etc..

I've lost track of whether they are announcing plans or consulting such has been the different emphasis of the overheard communications. I do recall they said they would outline their plans to the trust and answer a few trust questions at a meeting the other month and then didn't do either at the subsequent meeting, but after that, I don't think there has been anything. Osbourne couldn't make the breakfast meeting as according to a GI colleague something urgent had come up on the greyhound side of GI's business. Meanwhile, the City of London Police fraud and bribery investigation the GBGB are helping police enquiries with (a GBGB Director is also a GI Director) rumbles on. No idea if that will be diverting attention away from TUFC.

At least Osbourne went from "I think we will" to "we must" stay up in the space of 15 minutes after the game the other week to a few fans to rebut that nagging previous ambivalence quote Dave Phillips made about them not being bothered what League we were in. A few weeks before he told one of those fans "we need a big striker" after Moore went back to FGR, IIRC. All wonderfully reassuring stuff. Where is that striker ahead of these four vital games?

We are a basket case. Absolutely ripe to be picked off.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

The League board met yesterday, btw.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

tomogull wrote: 24 Feb 2017, 16:02 As I see it, the problem is G.I. still haven't been ratified by the National League as bona fide owners and so there's little they can do until formal ratification is received. The implication by Dave Thomas in the H.E. was that it was merely a rubber stamping exercise. I'm beginning to wonder. If that was the case, why is it taking so long ?
The best football administrators are employed by the Premier League, the next best by the F.A and the Football League. We all know how shit the F.A are, the people running the National League must be proper useless :}
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

I don't understand the reason on sending Gerring out on loan. Our defence is clearly an issue. So why don't we keep him at Torquay to fight for his spot? Instead of starting the same defence every game. Which has proven to be an issue.

An issue with the squad at the moment is the squad is near enough the same starting 11 every game. They have got so comfortable!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Probably to free up a little of the meagre budget to enable us to get in one of the managers targets. If Ebbsfleet can beat us to one of those targets it shows what we're up against.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Gerring is a better bet than a couple of our so called defenders
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Is he better than Byron Anderson? (I don't know as I haven't seen the guy play) that is the paramount question; and then is he better than Gallifuoco because in my opinion he lacks anticipation, the assertiveness to command the back line and technical ability. Good in the air ~ and therefore useful at the 'other end' for free kicks and corners ~ but that's about it; and if unloading his wage (or part of it) enables the signing of one of the manager's targets that's why he has been 'traded'. He can be recalled in 28 days time if needed that badly but (in my opinion) if the club stay up he will not be re-engaged and if they go down he will be lucky if he is.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Hammdog2601 »

When are we going to be signing a Striker?

Time goes on....
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

or more to the point when are the club signing anybody? Deadline day is less than two weeks' away - Thursday 30 March
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Would anyone else like us to see Nicho Bring Tyrone Marsh bacon onloan from Dover? He don't seem to be getting any time for Dover.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Er....no thanks. He had a big bust-up with a team-mate during a match when he was a Gull. Nicho also said that 'he has a lot to learn'. I don't think he'd be welcomed back with open arms somehow!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

When you have Fat Harrop doing the negoatiations from a tainted standpoint it's certainly not a surprise to me that we've signed nobody yet. He has no interest in seeing Nicholson succeed......................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Both Maidstone & Woking have brought in 21 year old strikers from league sides. One of the players is from Bristol Rvrs so if he is any good, you would have thought Lee Mansell would have tipped Nicho.

I suspect Dave's reading of what's happening at Plainmoor is near the truth. If correct, the players will see what's going on. They're not daft. Let's hope it has the effect of galvanising them behind Nicho and Herrara as it seemed to last Tuesday night.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

tomogull wrote: 17 Mar 2017, 23:48 Both Maidstone & Woking have brought in 21 year old strikers from league sides. One of the players is from Bristol Rvrs so if he is any good, you would have thought Lee Mansell would have tipped Nicho.

I suspect Dave's reading of what's happening at Plainmoor is near the truth. If correct, the players will see what's going on. They're not daft. Let's hope it has the effect of galvanising them behind Nicho and Herrara as it seemed to last Tuesday night.
That seems to be the best we can hope for.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084