New Players/Loan

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Racine out for a year. And Rooney has returned to his home club. Where does that leave the squad now? Any sign of another player or two coming in to strengthen the team?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Apparently that leaves the squad staring relegation in the face......................
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

brucie wrote: 02 Feb 2017, 12:16 Apparently that leaves the squad staring relegation in the face......................
Probably a fair assessment if GG is to play the remainder of the games at CB. I like him as a player but not in that position.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I would imagine that if we were to bring anyone in, it would be concluded and announced tomorrow to give said player the longest possible time with us.

I guess now that a 93-day loan would cover to the end of the season?

Completely unfoundered rumour-mongering, but I see that Newport have been desperate to offload Jack Compton and Ben Tozer. Both experienced pros, in positions we need and with Devonian links - almost tailor-made for us on the face of it. Westley has stated that he had offers for them but the players didn't want to leave - I wonder if we enquired?
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Looks like there will be another departure, Fitzpatrick wants to go back to Wimbledon with his last match likely to be against Macclesfield on the 11th. Very worrying.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38841915
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

When I hear the name Compton, my heart sinks. One of the most infamous TUFC quotes of all time came from Paul Compton when he was Manager. He was asked about tactics for the forthcoming Hereford game, he replied 'it's just eleven men and a football' .
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Orange Gull wrote: 02 Feb 2017, 16:19 Looks like there will be another departure, Fitzpatrick wants to go back to Wimbledon with his last match likely to be against Macclesfield on the 11th. Very worrying.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38841915
Its understandable why he wants to go back, I wish him every success. He's been a real joy to watch and has given 100% each match, so I have no complaints, we have been very lucky to have him. The same applies to Rooney.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Jeff wrote: 02 Feb 2017, 15:07 ...I see that Newport have been desperate to offload Jack Compton and Ben Tozer. Both experienced pros, in positions we need and with Devonian links - almost tailor-made for us on the face of it. Westley has stated that he had offers for them but the players didn't want to leave - I wonder if we enquired?
I stated previously I like the look of centre forward Josh O’Hanlon released by Newport. Only 21 - 6ft plus - brought over from Ireland by Bournemouth in 2014 for £50,000 fee then loaned out to non-league clubs until his move to Newport..

Also if we are looking for a short term solution for a centre half cover then Newport have also released Abdoulaye Meite the Ivory Coast international. Ok, he is 36, but he is experienced, e.g. West Brom, Bolton, Red Star, Marseille and was with Newport on non-contract terms, so he should be affordable.
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

Jeff wrote: 02 Feb 2017, 15:07 I would imagine that if we were to bring anyone in, it would be concluded and announced tomorrow to give said player the longest possible time with us.

I guess now that a 93-day loan would cover to the end of the season?

Completely unfoundered rumour-mongering, but I see that Newport have been desperate to offload Jack Compton and Ben Tozer. Both experienced pros, in positions we need and with Devonian links - almost tailor-made for us on the face of it. Westley has stated that he had offers for them but the players didn't want to leave - I wonder if we enquired?
I have always rated Compton. I think we have come close to signing him on more than one occasion
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

wivelgull wrote: 02 Feb 2017, 16:57 When I hear the name Compton, my heart sinks. One of the most infamous TUFC quotes of all time came from Paul Compton when he was Manager. He was asked about tactics for the forthcoming Hereford game, he replied 'it's just eleven men and a football' .
When Tony Adams came to Plainmoor with Portsmouth for a friendly, I overheard him coaching a somewhat floundering Pompey team "Kick it!".

Sheer profundity.
TUST member 200 ;-)
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

nickbrod wrote: 31 Jan 2017, 16:29 Well he's left Eastleigh today and they expect him to sign for another club today. Wonder who?
Left Barnet for a fee, under Martin Allen to join Eastleigh only to find Allen follow him to Eastleigh!
N'Gala signed for Gillingham today.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

nickbrod wrote: 02 Feb 2017, 18:37 N'Gala signed for Gillingham today.
He didn't....it fell through.
Under FIFA rules you can only play for 2 clubs in one season.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

IanGull01 wrote: 02 Feb 2017, 23:24 He didn't....it fell through.
Under FIFA rules you can only play for 2 clubs in one season.
Signed for Dover today. Pity we didn't get him instead of Anderson who somehow seems to have been on the books at Blackburn, Exeter and Barrow without having hardly played a first team match for any of them.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

I see KN wants a new striker. Would think that a right winger and maybe a creative midfielder would be more urgent with Fitzpatrick gone and Young more injured than fit at the moment.

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/t ... story.html
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

rickl wrote: 13 Feb 2017, 12:18 I see KN wants a new striker. Would think that a right winger and maybe a creative midfielder would be more urgent with Fitzpatrick gone and Young more injured than fit at the moment.

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/t ... story.html
The fact is, Rickl - he needs all three !! :(