New Players/Loan

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Not sure if it's true but reading that Jean-Yves M'voto maybe trialling with us next week.

Another defender....
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I ask myself why he would trial with us. Jean-Yves is at Raith and was nominated for the SPFL team of the year (2016) where players are selected from all four divisions. He's a class act - Strong 6" 4" with a 'thou shall not pass' attitude. This former French u19 international was tipped for the very top but career move from Paris Saint-Germain to Sunderland did him no favours, but that does not make a bad player. I have found out that he has a one year contract that is up for renewal and the Raith fans rate him highly. Maybe he wants out - prefers palm trees and sun to thistle and snow - who knows, would be a good signing for us that's for sure.
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

Saheed Adebayo Akinfenwa - come on down (again!)
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

MellowYellow wrote: 15 Jan 2017, 21:11 I ask myself why he would trial with us. Jean-Yves is at Raith and was nominated for the SPFL team of the year (2016) where players are selected from all four divisions. He's a class act - Strong 6" 4" with a 'thou shall not pass' attitude. This former French u19 international was tipped for the very top but career move from Paris Saint-Germain to Sunderland did him no favours, but that does not make a bad player. I have found out that he has a one year contract that is up for renewal and the Raith fans rate him highly. Maybe he wants out - prefers palm trees and sun to thistle and snow - who knows, would be a good signing for us that's for sure.
hmm....
very surprised by this....he spent 2yrs at Barnsley and did well - built like a brick sh1thouse and doesn't take prisoners.
if he does join I hope the "Dale Tonge Barnsley FC Curse" doesn't strike again! :} =D
oh and don't put his name on your shirt - it will cost you a fortune! =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

I doubt we will see any new faces until the league board ratifies the take over
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Dale Tonge - blimey! One of the worst players ever to represent United (certainly in my 51 years of Plainmoor attendance).
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

brucie wrote: 15 Jan 2017, 16:57 You don't seem to understand football at all - he is not a regular in a Conference team. How exactly is he worth 50k?

If he was worth 10k then do you actually think that GI would have paid money for him. You must be stupid if you think that was ever going to happen.
So who else out there, is surprised Moore got sold for 10k? As for your first 8 words brucie, that's your provocative, but you are so wrong.
Lucy
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I am. Rated the guy.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I would want to see the percentage rate in the sell-on clause and any add-ons in his contract exchange before I view 10k as being high or low.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

As they (Ipswich) are still actively looking for another striker and if Kieffer weren't able to get a regular start, I wonder if his new club would be able to loan him to us again? Or is there something about limited amount of clubs per season or duration of opportunity?
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I doubt Ipswich have signed Moore as 'one for the future' that they would be willing to loan out. He's 24 years old, this is his opportunity to forget the last three years and prove this time that he is good enough for the Championship, not simply the 'joint third highest scorer' in the division's worst team.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I wonder if Moore's time at Portman Road will be short lived if Mick McCarthy falls on his sword after their defeat to Lincoln. It was always a bizarre signing but no doubt one that was particular to that particular manager, as there cannot have been too many Championship clubs eyeing jealously a player that Torquay United were supposedly about to sign. This isn't meant as any criticism of Moore, as I'd liked to have seen him playing for us but there is no denying it seemed an unexpected and strange singing for Ipswich to make.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

It's not that bizarre. The boy obviously has talent, he already has one injury hit season in the Championship under his belt (playing for that season's worst team) and he's still just about young enough. For all the talk of us looking for the next Jamie Vardy, Kieffer Moore could actually be the one to emulate the man.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
NorfolkGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicky Wroe

Post by NorfolkGull »

My local side Norwich City have bid £1.5 mill for Angus MacDonald according to the local paper. Will we get anything out of this deal?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

NorfolkGull wrote: 18 Jan 2017, 11:44 My local side Norwich City have bid £1.5 mill for Angus MacDonald according to the local paper. Will we get anything out of this deal?

Heard this rumour last night.
I Think (or hope) :@ there was a sell-on clause in the deal that took him to Barnsley.
This maybe on the back of Gus having the Norwich forwards in his pocket during Barnsley's victory a couple of weeks ago. :)

PS NorfolkGull, do
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468