New Owners - Soon?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

It is not Clarke Osbourne as an individual though is it. Only confirms 'he' is not the new 'buyer'
1. 'He' is part of GI. Did not confirm their non involvement but only his as an individual.
2. 'They' would not be buying the club as they would be handed it as part of the default repayment on the loan
3. Masters is also involved which means 'he' might be the lead figure (or buyer if you like!).
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Tarrboy1 wrote:It might be. It might not be.
No - it just is.
TUST member 328
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Richinns is probably along the right lines - we've been told masters will be running the show, so I imagine there is some sort of agreement between masters and GI to settle the debt they are owed - might be silver bow, might be something else.

I think masters owning the club is better than having GI involved as owners. Would still rather someone else, but less likely to just close us down.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

So all you people who are convinced that GI are about to take over, do you have sources are are you just guessing your certainties?
With everything I have read I think it's very unlikely to be GI. I think the closest involvement we could see from them is if they take Truro off Masters' hands and allow him to buy Torquay - but I can't see that happening either.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
yellowblackwhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Hargreaves

Post by yellowblackwhite »

brucie wrote:Negativity? - Your nuts. Is this the same GI/Masters that Phillips claimed he was having nothing to do with.

Did the "Canadians" and "Midlands Consortium" ever exist in the first place?

Phillips is clearly a nice bloke but he is out of his depth as the custodian of the club because he has made a right royal **** up of everything.

Smurthwaite (what a shame he didn't offload Port Vale) clearly cannot buy the club. Masters can if he offloads Truro to his son which it seems he might have already done.

Tully as a manager doesn't seem like a positive step either. If he can get time off from rearing his fathers pigs and thumbing through his massive contacts book extending from Truro to Exeter we should be alright and Masters senior might even be able to bring along his coach (presuming he can find a driver for it)

We are dead already and have been since Breed/Edwards/Phillips and co appeared on the scene so the impending changes won't make any difference.
:goodpost:

Totally agree, lets just see what happens, at the end of the day is it Breed/Edwards/Philips that created/contributed to this situation. There has to be change either someone, somebodies take over the club or GI get it anyway, who cares, fact is we as fans can do NOTHING about it
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

PhilGull wrote:So all you people who are convinced that GI are about to take over, do you have sources are are you just guessing your certainties?
With everything I have read I think it's very unlikely to be GI. I think the closest involvement we could see from them is if they take Truro off Masters' hands and allow him to buy Torquay - but I can't see that happening either.
A combination of sources, people on message boards you trust and just plain common sense.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Cardiff City got taken over and ended up playing in Red!
Could Swindon Speedway ride in red stripes. GI
Or could it be closer to home.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Dave Thomas really needs to shape up. Takeover third (and last) in the running order on the podcast and massively misinformed providing false hope new buyers have been found. Shameful journalism.
TUST member 328
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

it will not be masters or gaming international, its a group from the midlands.this has to happen this time as we need the investment. we cannot carry on as we are.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Richinns wrote:Dave Thomas really needs to shape up. Takeover third (and last) in the running order on the podcast and massively misinformed providing false hope new buyers have been found. Shameful journalism.
So if you know he is massively misinformed how about you inform the rest of us with the facts?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I can officially confirm, I'm not the new buyer.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

A midlands buyer could turn out to be me. after all. i'm considered to be in the midlands. ooh be afraid.be very afraid. you would have to listen to my jokes. yep half time entertainment is me on the stage regaling all the jokes i can think of and if you all moan i will dig lower and lower. then as a last resort I will sing to you.There. warned ya !
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

PhilGull wrote: So if you know he is massively misinformed how about you inform the rest of us with the facts?
Good luck with that, Phil, all the so-called 'in-the-know' people on here are very good at inventing reasons that they can't name sources. Cos, y'know, the sources are perfectly happy with information being leaked out but not being named. I mean, obviously there are SO many people involved with the intimate running of the club that they can hide amongst the others to avoid repercussions, it's not like there are only a dozen or so people who any leak could be, making it easy to figure out for the board ANYWAY...oh wait.

I'd love it if we could make a sticky called the 'total absolute fact declaration' thread where we keep track of who has provided 'insider' information and see how often it ties up.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Gloucester City are in the Conference NORTH, and - with a bit of luck - could be playing Whitby Town next season.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

RR saying its not Masters/GI - be great if he was proved right.