Can we raise £400,000. Yes or No?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

There we are, my £400 is in there. Who's next?

Matt.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Apologies for the delay, yep thats the site ive used before, its useful for its 'all or nothing' target

What would be good is if people could offer 'rewards' for certain amounts pledged
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

So the board have confirmed in writing that we can save the club if we raise £400000?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

Good on you Matt for setting up the fund raiser. Now we will see who will put up or shut up.
I have a feeling it won't be enough to buy a large detached house.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

...I'm waiting to see who the 'buyers' are first.....until then my £ 400 stays in the bank & earns me £0.02 in interest.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Quite right taxilady. Matt has completely jumped the gun. I could say more but I am biting my tongue.
pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

Like Taxilady and Portugull I'm going see what does or doesn't happen re any buyers. If it all starts falling through which is quite likely in my opinion then crowdfunding may well be the only realistic way of getting money in place quickly to pay off GI and then have time to put together a proper plan for the future. Its a wait and see moment. Having said that, we cannot wait for too long.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Olympic standard backpedalling here. Well done everybody.

Matt.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

It's good there's something in place to throw money into Matt, if necessary ! But rather than chucking it in now, whilst rumours of potential buyers abound ( as opposed to default ownership at the end of January), I'll keep it with me thanks; rather than transferring it & getting it back again. Last time we had a crowdfunder event, my money was restored to me. There's a difference between backpedalling & being prepared.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

This is the problem though Nina. If the club needs money, it needs money. If it needs money now, it needs it now.

If the Trust take over the club, we need affirmative action within a few days, not vague online promises about giving money if certain conditions (I want to know who runs the club, how it'll be spent etc) are met.

This webpage thing is risk free. It's a statement of intent one step beyond the Internet Bullshit stage and it seems that all the rent-a-mouths have gone quiet already.

When push comes to shove, if we can't muster people to pledge an amount to a cause they know they'll never have to pay (we're not raising £400,000 in 55 days, we couldn't do that in 55 weeks), we stand absolutely no chance of getting people to actual pony up.

"yeah, I'd chuck in £400" is easy to say and hard to do. Not for the first time: talk is cheap, shut up and dance.*

Matt.

*not you, Nina, you can do what you like.
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

Hi guys.

Haven't posted on here for a (long) while, but was intrigued when I saw so many people seemingly up for putting the cash up.

Unfortunately Matt has uncovered one of the main problems at Torquay. So many talkers but when it comes down to it, there is no action.

Well done on setting this up Matt - it's a shame everyone has a copy of rent-an-excuse lying on the coffee table.

Tommy
:( Tommy :)
pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

Interesting how actions can be so misinterpreted. Its almost an art form it appears.

All I am doing is waiting and seeing what happens in the next 10 days by which time it should be a lot clearer what is or what is not happening. At some time in the near future it is quite likely that a real plea for money ( by Matts own admission he believes that his has no chance of getting to this figure) will be made with a clear agenda over its use and at that stage then we will see who will support it. The way things are going it may well be through the TUST as they are getting to be the only group left with any structure in place.. and yes I am a member.

I have to admit I don't know Matt by name or Tommy )or many of the other people on this forum) although I may well have seen them at matches both home or away but it does appear some do like hurling words around the place. Perhaps as they grow older they may realise that there are more constructive ways of getting things done.
Steve
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Yesterday evening Matt decided to create a fund raiser on Crowdfunder proudly proclaiming that it took him 5 minutes.

What is the result? The result is zero other than his own pledge of £400, why? The reasons are numerous but can I set out how I would approach the fund raiser if by the 30 November the Board has not done a deal.

Firstly either TUST or a small group of fans need to call a press conference to launch the fund raiser for £400,000 to try and ensure that the news reaches as many people as possible via TV, Radio, the Press and Social Media.

The only way that we stand a chance of raising this sort of sum is by getting it out into the public domain as loudly and clearly as possible.

The key to success is to ensure that each contributor whether it be for £10, £100, £400 or £1,000 receives an appropriate number of shares in TUFC(2017) namely an equity interest in the new club which would be a community club of which there are many examples both in the football league and in the lower leagues.

We would have to ensure there were daily updates on the funds raised as momentum would be crucial to the success of the fund raiser. A launch date in the first week of December would give us approximately 6 weeks to raise the money which would first and foremost enable GI to be paid off. It would take too long to go into all the issues which would arise in this particular post but I hope I have said enough for Matt to realise that it is no good launching a fund raiser in the way that he has done. It simply wont work.

TUST member Rob so you think TUST would be agreeable and capable of running the campaign with effect from 1 December to raise the £400,000?
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

portugull wrote:Yesterday evening Matt decided to create a fund raiser on Crowdfunder proudly proclaiming that it took him 5 minutes.

What is the result? The result is zero other than his own pledge of £400, why? The reasons are numerous but can I set out how I would approach the fund raiser if by the 30 November the Board has not done a deal.

Firstly either TUST or a small group of fans need to call a press conference to launch the fund raiser for £400,000 to try and ensure that the news reaches as many people as possible via TV, Radio, the Press and Social Media.

The only way that we stand a chance of raising this sort of sum is by getting it out into the public domain as loudly and clearly as possible.

The key to success is to ensure that each contributor whether it be for £10, £100, £400 or £1,000 receives an appropriate number of shares in TUFC(2017) namely an equity interest in the new club which would be a community club of which there are many examples both in the football league and in the lower leagues.

We would have to ensure there were daily updates on the funds raised as momentum would be crucial to the success of the fund raiser. A launch date in the first week of December would give us approximately 6 weeks to raise the money which would first and foremost enable GI to be paid off. It would take too long to go into all the issues which would arise in this particular post but I hope I have said enough for Matt to realise that it is no good launching a fund raiser in the way that he has done. It simply wont work.

TUST member Rob so you think TUST would be agreeable and capable of running the campaign with effect from 1 December to raise the £400,000?
I would suggest you email them with your ideas and see what they think.

[email protected]