Can we raise £400,000. Yes or No?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

portugull wrote:So if the Board fail to find a buyer you are happy for Gaming International to take over the Club which is what will happen if we the fans do nothing and sit on our hands?
No, no I'm not.
portugull wrote:Surely it is at least worth attempting to raise £400k to pay off GIL and put the Club on a sound footing.
Yes, yes it would.

I think you'll find if you look that mine is still the only name on my list of 1000 people willing to give £400. I've still got it, here, in cash, sitting on my desk.

Stop yacking and pony up, add your name to the list and when we get to 1000 names, we'll talk about getting the money to the club.

Talk is cheap, shut up and dance.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Dutchgull wrote:O.K Matt fountain of all knowledge ....what do you propose ?? You obviously have all the answers !!
I have never claimed this, nor shall I in the future.

That said, I seem to be the only one who understands that selling the club to any group who have a collective worth of 'a few grand' isn't the right and proper way forward.

You will accept that 'good intent' will get you nowhere, I presume?

If you will, then take out the good intent from the Trust's offer and see that they cannot hope to run the club even to the end of the season. If a market stall holder worth 'a few grand' turned up and said he'd buy the club, you'd laugh at him. If that market stall holder was a season ticket holder, you'd welcome him with open arms because 'he's got the club's best interests at heart'? That wouldn't work and you know it.

Make the situation more relatable. You go to the local shop traditionally run by a man from Pakistan and you buy one of those awful scratch cards that poor people use as Christmas presents. You scratch it off and win, say, £250,000. If you were offered the club, for free, the next day, would you be confident of being able to run it?

If the answer is yes, I'm afraid that you don't have enough knowledge of running a football club for your opinion to be valid.

It's a sad reality, but football in 2016 is not for the plucky, it's for the wealthy. Sorry to disappoint.

Matt.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

ferrarilover wrote: No, no I'm not.
Yes, yes it would.

I think you'll find if you look that mine is still the only name on my list of 1000 people willing to give £400. I've still got it, here, in cash, sitting on my desk.

Stop yacking and pony up, add your name to the list and when we get to 1000 names, we'll talk about getting the money to the club.

Talk is cheap, shut up and dance.

Matt.
.. maybe Lewis or one of the admins could create a sticky for the collection?

Here I'm in!

1. Matt
2. Me - Craig

2 down 998 to go!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

ferrarilover if you read my opening post on 6 Nov you will see I confirmed I would put up £400 so I do not understand your post.

Also lucy6lucy, bixieupnorth, neal, northlondongull and standupsitdown ALL confirmed they were in.

Bleeper has since confirmed.

I see no point in taking action until we know if the Board have agreed a sale ofthe Club this week.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

I'm not sure we need £400,000.

Scott and Dave seem fairly sure that there is an interested part with a viable plan to take the club forward. The only stumbling block being that the current board want their initial investment back.

So all we need to raise is £120,000 (4 x £30,000).

Put me down for £400 towards this.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Jerry if you mean £120,000 (4x £30,000) to repay the Directors what about the £125,000 owed to Gaming International which must be repaid by 31 January. You must be assuming that "the interested party" will repay GIL as part of their viable plan? I this your understanding.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

portugull wrote:Jerry if you mean £120,000 (4x £30,000) to repay the Directors what about the £125,000 owed to Gaming International which must be repaid by 31 January. You must be assuming that "the interested party" will repay GIL as part of their viable plan? I this your understanding.
Yes that's right. Any of the "interested parties" must be intending to pay back the GI loan, otherwise they would lose the club they'd just bought at the end of January wouldn't they?
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Jerry the point you may have overlooked is that this thread which I started on the 6 November was based on what we the fans need to do If, and only If, the Board fail to find a buyer by the end of November.

What concerns me is that apart from interest from GIL and despite the Chairman indicating at the Forum that there are 4 other interested parties there is a big difference between being an interested party and putting an offer on the table which is acceptable to the current Board.

With each day that goes by the concern surely grows that the Board will fail to find a suitable buyer for the club. I sincerely hope I am wrong.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock

Post by torq2u »

Put me down for £400, too, along with the other 999 members of the 1000 club.
TUST member 200 ;-)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Is it too much to ask that we use my very helpful copy 'n' paste list? Bleeper's managed it.

Matt.
pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

Yes, would put in £400 if push came to shove but if it was a share issue where you get a return for your money, possibly a valueless return in real terms , but at least a share certificate and a recognised stake in the club then I would be willing to put in much more. Just a donation into a possibly bottomless pit is less attractive.
I think the original figure of £400,000 is closer. £125K for GI , £120 K to the directors unless they remain on board and £180K to cover the projected loss for the season. The trouble is that produces nothing to invest on players.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Why not use a crowd funder page?

If the target isnt met you can choose the option whereby donations are refunded to people

makes it more interesting to donate if you can get rewards for bigger amounts
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

The thought did occur to me, Rob, bit my previous experience of them was far from positive, so I kicked the idea into touch.

Any suggestions as to one which is easy and bullshit free? I don't need some wetbag calling me up to 'discuss my page and ways to improve it', I just want it to run along nicely.

Matt.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Rob I just spent an hour studying the web site for "Crowdfunder" and your suggestion is a very good one.

I think we could raise the cash but we would need to get every aspect 100% right to succeed.

If the Board do not find a buyer by 30th November we would have to raise the money very quickly but the beauty of these schemes is once you build the momentum anything is possible. Have TUST considered this seriously because it could be a game changer?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Stop talking about it and bloody get on with it.

An hour "studying the site" as opposed to what, 5 minutes setting up what we need? How do you people get jobs?

**** sake, I'll do it.

Matt.