Constructive ideas how the club can make some more money

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

It's all about non season ticket attendances. Personally, I think they need something radical which will increase publicity. So, have 1 game with free entry. Get it on the radios and TV, get it on football focus. Get plainmoor full up. Have hot dog sellers walking the stands selling them for £2 each and cokes for £1 each, so you don't have to queue for food. Have people selling hats and scarves in the ground. Make 1 loss on income for 1 game but it might generate some interest in our club and some might come back.

Pick a match which we might win, where we play a small club so attendances might be low anyhow.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Bloggy wrote:Start advertising the correct fixture on the roundabout at the end of the new Kingskerswell bypass.
Demand an extra pound for anyone attempting to enter the ground in a footy shirt that is neither TUFC or the away team.
Sell some better quality merchandise (I still personally think the new home kit is shocking and wouldn't buy one for a fiver). Wanted to buy a new hat but the colours are all wrong! Came away with a car sticker and prog when I was prepared to spend a lot more.
Promote the pre-match eating/drinking facilities better. Would rather eat/drink in St Marychurch before a game.
Demand an extra pound from anyone attempting to enter the ground NOT in a footy shirt that is either TUFC or the away team.

Would increase shirt sales and create a sea of yellow. (Wouldn't necessarily have to be this season's shirt!)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

forevertufc wrote:Put on a drum and base event, being serious here, the youngsters will come from far and wide for this.

Skip to 1.52 on this video of an event from Torquay, you'll see just how many people are at the event.

Not sure whether such an event would be feasible for the club, should imagine it could be in conjunction with a promoter, for a profit share, maybe.
I regularly run security at these type of events, trust me that is one genre of music that attracts the dregs of society.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

If there are any of last season's shirts left get them signed "The Great Escape - Kevin Nicholson" by Nicho and sell them in the club shop for £50.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I think we have three ideas that could be implemented straight away, next home game.

1) My photo idea with Nicho and 1 player on the pitch
2) Signed balls for the game you are attending
3) £1 donation up and above the entrance fee

I have another, an auction. To get yer name on the big screen as the winner for having your name on the screen, and a thank you for YOUR donation. Just need to start the auction 1 week early on the TUFC official site with links to the forums if you like

If you did that lot at the next home game I reckon you would get £500. Do that at every home game that's 1 extra player earning £250 a week.

I tell yer what, IF I was retired I would offer my services to the club to come up with ideas like this and implement them, would be fun.
TUST MEMBER
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

Put on a Plainmoor Beer Festival. Everyone I have ever been to has been packed.
Make sure it is done properly though, get Camra and Bays Brewery involved.
Tust member 191
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I don't doubt that at all Dave SG, just thinking of an event that would guarantee a profit, there would be no comparison between yellow(bore)fest2 and a drum and base event. Just generalising here, I reckon if you put a 4,000 capacity on a drum and base event, the club would sell out in it, but also realise it would probably through up to many difficulties for the club to get over, especially in the area the clubs based.

Just tp to pick up on some posts above. I know boots and laces is franchised out, so do not see the point in promoting it, as any profits from that do not benefit the club, also the club shop used to be franchised out, not sure if it still is, so again is there much money to made in shirt and merchandise sales for the club.

Promote and make it easier for the fans to enter the gulls nest prior to games on match days, the club does make money from that bar.

I do realise the club has limited resources, and is seriously under staffed, so I'm sure there's a lot they'd like to do, but just can't, as there is only so many hours in a day, and only so much that one man and his dog can achieve.

However I did have an e-mail conversation with a club employee about a year ago on no10's, what a potentially fantastic facility, so massively under used.

Hardly a week goes by when my e-mail inbox or elsewhere, such as social media, doesn't have a promo code for one local establishment or another. For a start, have two sittings on a match day, and offer something along the lines of, carvery and match ticket for a discounted price of £??, do the club still do the Sunday carvery, I don't know ? If not, re-introduce it with promo codes, there is money to be made for the club from no10's.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

what is no10's? Never heard of it
TUST MEMBER
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

Neal wrote:what is no10's? Never heard of it
Same as a No2's just alot bigger and makes you sweat :) :) :na: :na:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Mattpuma wrote:Put on a Plainmoor Beer Festival. Everyone I have ever been to has been packed.
Definitely a good idea, they're always packed.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Mattpuma wrote:Put on a Plainmoor Beer Festival. Everyone I have ever been to has been packed.

I like it. Also a good opportunity for Devon businesses to come together and promote themselves.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

toastkid wrote:It's all about non season ticket attendances. Personally, I think they need something radical which will increase publicity. So, have 1 game with free entry. Get it on the radios and TV, get it on football focus. Get plainmoor full up. Have hot dog sellers walking the stands selling them for £2 each and cokes for £1 each, so you don't have to queue for food. Have people selling hats and scarves in the ground. Make 1 loss on income for 1 game but it might generate some interest in our club and some might come back.

Pick a match which we might win, where we play a small club so attendances might be low anyhow.
:goodpost:

Similar to my idea but lets pack Plainmoor
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

somersetgull wrote:Sponsor a goal. £1 to £50 a goal. Businesses or individuals that do £50 get free mention in programme and on website. Could be for individual players as well as the team.
With our strike force, we wouldn't raise much :lol:

:goal:

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

gullpower wrote:If there are any of last season's shirts left get them signed "The Great Escape - Kevin Nicholson" by Nicho and sell them in the club shop for £50.
or get in early and use this seasons shirt...... :whistle:

TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

The club memorabilia ideas are,all well and good but hasnt the shop been contracted out?