Constructive ideas how the club can make some more money

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Constructive ideas how the club can make some more money

Post by Neal »

Ok, here is mine.

Every home game 10 people can get their photo taken with Nicho and a player of their choice on the pitch. £20 QUID EACH. That's £200 for about 10 minutes.
TUST MEMBER
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Sell Christmas jumpers, a signed ball and signed shirts as Christmas presents. You could easily sell a signed shirt for £60 ish, for the cost to the club of the cost of a shirt (hardly anything, the mark up is already huge at £40 unsigned). Wouldn't make millions but might help, and also make a nice present for a TUFC fan. My mum gave me a signed shirt for Christmas in 2007/8 ish and I treasured it.

The trouble is though that with 3 full time staff, one of which is the groundsman, there simply isn't enough manpower to run a fully functioning professional football club.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

No.There is only one way - the same as it's always been. A winning team....increased attendances....increased income. That's all there is to it. Easier said than done, of course.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Gulliball wrote:Sell Christmas jumpers, a signed ball and signed shirts as Christmas presents. You could easily sell a signed shirt for £60 ish, for the cost to the club of the cost of a shirt (hardly anything, the mark up is already huge at £40 unsigned). Wouldn't make millions but might help, and also make a nice present for a TUFC fan. My mum gave me a signed shirt for Christmas in 2007/8 ish and I treasured it.

The trouble is though that with 3 full time staff, one of which is the groundsman, there simply isn't enough manpower to run a fully functioning professional football club.
In the grand scheme of things the club needs major investment. But aside from this I like your thoughts. The club buys a football from sports direct for £4,in fact they are probably on offer for 2 for £6. Get the players to sign 100 balls(good exercise) and sell the balls in the club shop and on-line for £30 a ball. It's a no brainer, easy money.
Lucy
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Community. Torquay United Football Club needs to stop looking on it's fans as cash cows. Integrate itself within the community and the wealth will come.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Visit every business in South Devon and ask them to display a fixture poster. Then re-visit those who agree and offer them the opportunity to sponsor - everything from ground naming rights to simply helping with the cost of printing the fixture poster.

Speak to the heads of PE at every school in South Devon and invite them each to bring a class of children to Plainmoor one game a season. Given them a tour of the ground, meet the players and hope they bring their parents back for the next game and pay for tickets.

Flyer every home in the streets around Plainmoor and invite them to pop in with proof of address and collect a free ticket for a league match. Give them a good show and hope they come back the following week and pay.

Open a club shop/cafe/meeting place/community hub in the centre of town.

Get the players in their training kit out and about, meeting with people.

Shout the name of Torquay United from the rooftops. Become the integral part of the community that a football club should be.

***Not all of these ideas are my own, but I feel the more that good ideas are repeated the more chance there is that the powers that be will take them on board.

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Speak with the fans. Speak with the admins of the three forums and ask them to put up a sticky thread with exactly this subject. If the board are fans like us then why not speak to us - just because we haven't got the money to buy the club doesn't mean that collectively we don't have a decent idea or two to help the club.

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Ask everyone for an extra £1 on the gate every game this would bring in over an extra £1,000 a week and not many would suffer.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

PhilGull wrote:Visit every business in South Devon and ask them to display a fixture poster. Then re-visit those who agree and offer them the opportunity to sponsor - everything from ground naming rights to simply helping with the cost of printing the fixture poster.

Speak to the heads of PE at every school in South Devon and invite them each to bring a class of children to Plainmoor one game a season. Given them a tour of the ground, meet the players and hope they bring their parents back for the next game and pay for tickets.

Flyer every home in the streets around Plainmoor and invite them to pop in with proof of address and collect a free ticket for a league match. Give them a good show and hope they come back the following week and pay.

Open a club shop/cafe/meeting place/community hub in the centre of town.

Get the players in their training kit out and about, meeting with people.

Shout the name of Torquay United from the rooftops. Become the integral part of the community that a football club should be.

***Not all of these ideas are my own, but I feel the more that good ideas are repeated the more chance there is that the powers that be will take them on board.

can't do that one Philgull I thought the community department already has sears reserved at the bench end of the family stand to do such a thing. I know cos I used to work with Frankie Prince on that. and we had a hundred kids in each week.
unfortunately many who visit Plainmoor have one impression only and thats of rubbish football because they can see the better stuff on TV. I had a friend who was reasonably well off and I invited him to a match. his girlfriends son already goes. but he wasn't impressed.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Start advertising the correct fixture on the roundabout at the end of the new Kingskerswell bypass.
Demand an extra pound for anyone attempting to enter the ground in a footy shirt that is neither TUFC or the away team.
Sell some better quality merchandise (I still personally think the new home kit is shocking and wouldn't buy one for a fiver). Wanted to buy a new hat but the colours are all wrong! Came away with a car sticker and prog when I was prepared to spend a lot more.
Promote the pre-match eating/drinking facilities better. Would rather eat/drink in St Marychurch before a game.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Promote Boots & laces/No 10s as a venue all through the week/year, not just for matchdays. Get some locals bands in to play. Make Plainmoor a venue for a night out as well as every other Saturday afternoon/Tuesday night.

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Promote Boots & laces/No 10s as a venue all through the week/year, not just for matchdays. Get some locals bands in to play. Make Plainmoor a venue for a night out as well as every other Saturday afternoon/Tuesday night.

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

arcadia wrote:Ask everyone for an extra £1 on the gate every game this would bring in over an extra £1,000 a week and not many would suffer.
That's a good idea, I'd be more than happy to pay an extra £1, sure everyone would.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Put on a drum and base event, being serious here, the youngsters will come from far and wide for this.

Skip to 1.52 on this video of an event from Torquay, you'll see just how many people are at the event.

Not sure whether such an event would be feasible for the club, should imagine it could be in conjunction with a promoter, for a profit share, maybe.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Hand out free tickets for every home game in the town on the morning of a game. Give tickets out to kids with their Dad's and give tickets to groups of lads from the college or local factories. get Plainmoor full and create an atmosphere. Some will return, some won't but keep giving out free tickets and gradually you'll get more coming and paying each week.

Ultimately, this will start to work IF the team start to play with a bit of confidence and start to get results. The players might lift their game if they've got a bit more noise behind them.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.