GI & Masters takeover & Tully in as manager.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

PhilGull wrote:Either it's been moved or this thread has been pulled from the BTPIR forum - too close to the truth or sh!t?
Still there in it's entirety. From that forum more likely to be true than not true (though situations like this change quickly in football - depends if 'agreed' or 'signed and sealed') which is a worry, although it is important to recognise that the BTPR admin Merse is not the source. He clearly reported that it was something he had been told and raised it for discussion. After all we never get the chance to discuss anything that comes out of the club - because nothing does! ;-)
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

stefano wrote: Still there in it's entirety. From that forum more likely to be true than not true (though situations like this change quickly in football - depends if 'agreed' or 'signed and sealed') which is a worry, although it is important to recognise that the BTPR admin Merse is not the source. He clearly reported that it was something he had been told and raised it for discussion. After all we never get the chance to discuss anything that comes out of the club - because nothing does! ;-)
So it is! I'll put that down to being too damn early!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Nah - it's simply this Merse fella getting his dates muddled up. Yesterday was November 1st, not April 1st. Besides, although Steve Tully might be a younger option to fill in at full back when we're struggling to raise a team, he hasn't got a licence to drive a mini-bus ........

However, there's mutterings in Dave Thomas's column in today's Herald Express about a joint GI/Masters consortium and that the sale of the freehold of Plainmoor is not dead in the water.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I guess this is what is meant by divide and rule; fans squabbling over which forum is better rather than discussing what to do next.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Plainmoor78 wrote:I guess this is what is meant by divide and rule; fans squabbling over which forum is better rather than discussing what to do next.
I don't really think there is any squabbling (lovely word that - haven't heard it since I was a kid) over which is the best forum, and many supporters use all 3 forums (all are different in style, but looking at all 3 gives a broader picture). It could be argued that any attempt to 'divide and rule' was made by the club in forming TUOSC (with an already appointed and not elected committee) when there was already a TUST trying to get supporters united together and be in a position to save the club if it all goes tits up!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Kit_robin wrote: Jerry is correct: http://m.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=5385

If Nicholson was offered a verbal 3 years before he started, and he then started, an employment tribunal would consider him to have a 3 year term whether he has signed a contract or not. It's not as if Nicholson doesn't have proof Thant that was the length of contract offered... it was on the clubs website!

Actually Jerry isn't correct. He refused the contract because of Harrop's "involvement" at the club. He hasn't been working to the terms of that contract either so it isn't covered by the link provided.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

SenorDingDong wrote: :-o He's been great as a person but I wouldn't go that far. Buckle, O'Farrell, Knowles and Webber were all better. Ling and Rosenior had better one off seasons. It'll be sad to see him go and god knows what Masters has in store for this club, judging from Truro, failed dodgy property developments, an antagonistic relationship with supporters groups and constant scheming from the sounds of things.
In the list of great and successful previous Gulls managers, one name appears to have been forgotten: Paul Buckle.. :)
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Gullscorer wrote: In the list of great and successful previous Gulls managers, one name appears to have been forgotten: Paul Buckle.. :)
Apart from the first name on the list..........
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Actually Jerry isn't correct. He refused the contract because of Harrop's "involvement" at the club. He hasn't been working to the terms of that contract either so it isn't covered by the link provided.
So I presume that Nicholson is either
a) not being paid - in which case you are entirely correct as he has not accepted those terms. Or

B) has provided a written letter to the club that he is working under protest at conditions in the verbal contract (and stating which ones in particular) and will continue to do so until these are negotiated.

This is what I do for a living, Southampton Gull, so I am afraid I'm right. If you know one of the two things above has happened then fair play, but with the disorganised state of our club I really doubt it.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Kit_robin wrote: So I presume that Nicholson is either
a) not being paid - in which case you are entirely correct as he has not accepted those terms. Or

B) has provided a written letter to the club that he is working under protest at conditions in the verbal contract (and stating which ones in particular) and will continue to do so until these are negotiated.

This is what I do for a living, Southampton Gull, so I am afraid I'm right. If you know one of the two things above has happened then fair play, but with the disorganised state of our club I really doubt it.
What if he is working to different terms than to those offered in the contract? No idea how this all works but would the contact apply if the terms have never been adhered to?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Kit_robin wrote: This is what I do for a living, Southampton Gull, so I am afraid I'm right. If you know one of the two things above has happened then fair play, but with the disorganised state of our club I really doubt it.
Apologies, I didn't realise you worked for the FA. :lol:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Southampton Gull wrote: Apologies, I didn't realise you worked for the FA. :lol:
Hah! Well, quite.

Incidentally all that discussed above does hinge on Nicholson actually KNOWING any of that, as obviously if he presumes he has no contract and accepts he can be sacked he won't complain, and if he doesn't complain he won't have a case heard.

Although you would presume that he has some sort of representation from the league managers association who would provide the appropriate advice.

Still, all hypothetical.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Jeff wrote: Apart from the first name on the list..........

:Oops: Oops.. I must have had Buckle's name lodged in my brain at the time, as I had intended to write Johnny McNeill (1947-1950).
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

Tully was sacked by masters, they fell out big time at Truro, cant see Tully coming in as manager.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

ROADRUNNER wrote:Tully was sacked by masters, they fell out big time at Truro, cant see Tully coming in as manager.
Have just read that Steve Tully started following this very evening the chap, James Murphy, who was providing twitter updates on the fans forum. No doubt a coincidence.

I always quite liked Tully as a player, and he certainly earned his management stripes whilst at Truro.