GI & Masters takeover & Tully in as manager.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

wivelgull wrote:I looked at the BTPIR board; it's nowhere near as good as this one.
I like to think that this board is the most open and welcoming, the others do seem a little cliquey and frequented by some with their own agendas, at least thats how it seems to me (no names mentioned or offence meant obvs). :keepie:
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Yeah well......
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I can't see the point in changing the manager unless you get a better one give Nicho better players and he's proved that he can produce the goods.
Tulley has never managed at this level so what does he know that Nicho does not know Shaun Joyce would have been the better choice as he's got the experience if their choosing local and not a one season wonder as Nicho has the same qualification as Tulley.

I just hope it's not the blind leading the blind or the terraces will be empty. It looks like a job for the boys.
Last edited by arcadia on 01 Nov 2016, 23:00, edited 1 time in total.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Dutchgull wrote:Yeah well......
Well.........
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

arcadia wrote:I can't see the point in changing the manager unless you get a better one give Nicho better players and he's proved that he can produce the goods.
Tulley has never managed at this level so what does he know that Nicho does not know Shaun Joyce would have been the better choice as he's got the experience if their choosing local.

I just hope it's not the blind leading the blind or the terraces will be empty.
Not that I'm backing this potential change in management, but if it does go down that route I can see a lot of people in here possibly shooting themselves in the foot.

Correct, Tully hasn't managed at this level. But he has managed at the level below and successfully so. That's more than what Nico had done, and better than Joyce has he's never got close to managing at any reasonable level (unless you consider 8th in the Southern league reasonable).

Do I want things to play out this way, and Nico to get the bullet? No. But, the club is dying and is crying out for saving. If Nico is collateral damage, I don't think Tully is the worst shout and I would back him as a replacement. I'm sure at some point someone will come out with such a sweeping statement as "I won't go to Plainmoor again under the new regime".

But anyway, sounds like this could even be bluster and not even a runner. We need to wait and see what happens. I am sure we all want an end to this saga
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

S4fedr1ve wrote:IF true then time will tell regarding the takeover. God knows something has to happen. But as stated above Nico in my view is the best manager we have ever had. A big statement i know and i go back to Frank o Farrell days. But no manager has ever done more for this club off the pitch as well as on. I will be gutted if true. And why was Steve Tully got rid of by Truro last year but is now good enough for us. Bizarre IF true.
Because with a crap manager we will be down. They want the ground not the club.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Southampton Gull wrote:Merse is talking out of his arse. No deal has been completed.

It wouldn't surprise me if the deal does happen eventually but there are other offers on the table. GI and Masters obviously have an ace up their sleeve with the monies they're owed and would most likely tempt the Board with a return of their initial investment, other bidders see the debts incurred and aren't prepared to repay them.

Nicholson isn't safe either, my information is that he has still not signed a contract despite all the fanfare surrounding that announcement when it was made.
Seriously?

Shambles.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Nicholson isn't safe either, my information is that he has still not signed a contract despite all the fanfare surrounding that announcement when it was made.
I'm no legal expert but I believe that if Nicho has been working under the terms of the contract for the last few months then whether he has actually signed it is irrelevant, the club (and Nicho) would still be bound by the terms of said contract.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

GoodringtonGull wrote: there is someone from canada who wants it
Mervo? Have his paintings suddenly risen in value?
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

GoodringtonGull wrote:... there is someone from canada who wants it, a chinese consortium, and Pete Masters.
I would be over the moon if this were true... but why on earth would a Chinese consortium want to buy TUFC?
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

gullpower wrote: I would be over the moon if this were true... but why on earth would a Chinese consortium want to buy TUFC?
I believe Pete Masters spoke of both Canadian and Chinese investment being interested in Truro, previously. Any connection?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Jerry wrote: I'm no legal expert but I believe that if Nicho has been working under the terms of the contract for the last few months then whether he has actually signed it is irrelevant, the club (and Nicho) would still be bound by the terms of said contract.
He's been picking up a wage but has not signed any contract so what terms would he be working to exactly? Bus driver? Pitch marker? Kit Manager?

There could also be trouble ahead if they don't get Gareth Laws a contract to sign, it's not like he hasn't requested it enough times.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Either it's been moved or this thread has been pulled from the BTPIR forum - too close to the truth or bullshit?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Neither. No deal has been completed despite Merson stating it has but that doesn't mean it isn't going to happen. The VAT bill is due to be paid sooner than the GI loan so that is the main focus right now I would suspect.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Southampton Gull wrote: He's been picking up a wage but has not signed any contract so what terms would he be working to exactly? Bus driver? Pitch marker? Kit Manager?

There could also be trouble ahead if they don't get Gareth Laws a contract to sign, it's not like he hasn't requested it enough times.
Jerry is correct: http://m.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=5385

If Nicholson was offered a verbal 3 years before he started, and he then started, an employment tribunal would consider him to have a 3 year term whether he has signed a contract or not. It's not as if Nicholson doesn't have proof Thant that was the length of contract offered... it was on the clubs website!