GI & Masters takeover & Tully in as manager.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

GI & Masters takeover & Tully in as manager.

Post by Richinns »

Merse from BTPIR has reported that the takeover by GI and Masters has been completed and that Nicho has been replaced as manager by Steve Tully
http://thelondonmafia.proboards.com/thr ... ip?page=33

You will need to be registered to read the posts provided by the link above.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

nothing would surprise me - this is TUFC

who is this merse bloke?
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

If this is true, then the current/old Board have well and truly **** up....and we've lost a bloody good manager.

If Nico has gone, watch him at his next club with financial backing.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

If this is true then I despair.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Scott Brehaut wrote:If this is true, then the current/old Board have well and truly fu<k up....and we've lost a bloody good manager.

If Nico has gone, watch him at his next club with financial backing.
:goodpost:

Agree, never seen a manager do more for TUFC in the community
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

IF true then time will tell regarding the takeover. God knows something has to happen. But as stated above Nico in my view is the best manager we have ever had. A big statement i know and i go back to Frank o Farrell days. But no manager has ever done more for this club off the pitch as well as on. I will be gutted if true. And why was Steve Tully got rid of by Truro last year but is now good enough for us. Bizarre IF true.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Well if nothing else the fans forum tomorrow night will be interesting to say the least.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Steve Tully was at Plainmoor on a couple of occasions last season as I had conversations with him. That was before he lost his job at Truro.
With someone like Masters it seems possible that you're never quite sure whether situations evolve or are engineered.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

If Merse has put this on his forum, it's more likely to be true than not so, but we must await confirmation. Must admit to have mixed feelings on Nicho, there's no doubting his work behind the scenes and in the community, and Nicho is probably the hardest working manager around, he has had no other choice but to the do the jobs of 2-3 other people, and will never forget the back end of last season, when for the first time, in along time, I could genuinely say, I started looking forward to, going to match's again.

But, that said, none of that abdicates his main responsibility, which is, to get the first team performing and gaining results to a reasonable level of expectation. To be fair, our team performances, and of late results, have not be close to where they should be, not withstanding the lack of finance, we've been torn apart on a number of times this season, by clubs who have less money than we do, who players are NOT even full time.

We were promised the fittest team in the division, our team is NOT fit, Saturday's performance for me, was the straw that broke the camels back, I've been in forgiving mood up until last weekend.

When you see potential match winning players, like Blisset, Young and Ward, stifled, given no chance to perform well by god darn awful match tactics, was it any wonder we were treated to at least 6 players wondering around the pitch Saturday, who looked like they didn't give a toss, and to stand and watch 90 minutes of one aimless hoof down the park after another from our team, whilst being made to look distinctly fourth rate , by a club who'd love half our clubs income, simply was not good enough.

As for G.I and Masters, personally don't have a clue, so will have to sit back and wait and see if the opinion of others who do, is right or wrong.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Merse is talking out of his arse. No deal has been completed.

It wouldn't surprise me if the deal does happen eventually but there are other offers on the table. GI and Masters obviously have an ace up their sleeve with the monies they're owed and would most likely tempt the Board with a return of their initial investment, other bidders see the debts incurred and aren't prepared to repay them.

Nicholson isn't safe either, my information is that he has still not signed a contract despite all the fanfare surrounding that announcement when it was made.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

S4fedr1ve wrote: But as stated above Nico in my view is the best manager we have ever had. A big statement i know and i go back to Frank o Farrell days. .
:-o He's been great as a person but I wouldn't go that far. Buckle, O'Farrell, Knowles and Webber were all better. Ling and Rosenior had better one off seasons. It'll be sad to see him go and god knows what Masters has in store for this club, judging from Truro, failed dodgy property developments, an antagonistic relationship with supporters groups and constant scheming from the sounds of things.
GoodringtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jean-Yves Koue-Niate

Post by GoodringtonGull »

Last edited by GoodringtonGull on 02 Nov 2016, 10:27, edited 1 time in total.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I agree with the wonderfully named Mr. Senor about Eric Webber, United's longest-=serving Manager.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Helps to get his forum some hits though I suppose ..............
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I looked at the BTPIR board; it's nowhere near as good as this one.