TUST Not An Option

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

TUST Not An Option

Post by Orange Gull »

Well that rules out any form of community ownership, for the time being at least. There are two other "firm approaches" on the table. Logical assumption would be that GI is one of these. Any ideas who the other could be?
http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/t ... story.html
MarkL
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by MarkL »

A Mr P.Masters of Truro currently residing at TQ1?
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Disappointing but not surprising. The board are short-sighted.

I hope Dave Phillips et al. know what they're doing. If they don't us fans could shortly be without a club to support and he'll go down in Gulls history for all the wrong reasons.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

gullpower wrote:Disappointing but not surprising. The board are short-sighted.

I hope Dave Phillips et al. know what they're doing. If they don't us fans could shortly be without a club to support and he'll go down in Gulls history for all the wrong reasons.
What bookmakers does Phillips run?
Lucy
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Given the complete state of things off the pitch, one can only surmise that the Board have no idea what they are doing.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

lucy6lucy wrote: What bookmakers does Phillips run?
His own. An on course bookmaker at the horses and dogs. https://pointingdc.co.uk/2014/01/25/fea ... bookmaker/
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Even as a TUST member i'm glad that option isnt being explored, it feels rushed and the financial footing is not in place yet.

As for the current board - David Thomas - has finally shed light (via 1 sentence) of the GI shambles

The loan now is described as OVER 6 FIGURES!!

How would we have that sort of £!

Plus any new buyer would surely have to take that hit at the start?
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote:Even as a TUST member i'm glad that option isnt being explored, it feels rushed and the financial footing is not in place yet.

As for the current board - David Thomas - has finally shed light (via 1 sentence) of the GI shambles

[s]The loan now is described as OVER 6 FIGURES!![/s]

How would we have that sort of £!

Plus any new buyer would surely have to take that hit at the start?
It actually says "believed to run into six-figures" which is what we've always known isn't it? £100k has always been the number.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The only thing that will hold up a sale is if Phillips and Co try to hold out for a deal that gives them their initial investment back. I know of one interested party that doesn't view that as workable.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Southampton Gull wrote:The only thing that will hold up a salel is if Phillips and Co try to hold out for a deal that gives them their initial investment back. I know of one interested party that doesn't view that as workable.
I took it as read that that was the case. £30k each by the original 10 members of the board equals the "price of a detached house in the Bay" price tag that was given by Phillips.
TUST_Member_Rob

PhilGull wrote: It actually says "believed to run into six-figures" which is what we've always known isn't it? £100k has always been the number.
50K was the long banded about figure, although its more like £125,000-£150,000
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

If it's more like £125-£150k then surely the McDonald transfer money should have covered a lot of that? Because it sure as hell hasn't been spent on the playing side of things!
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

As far as im concerned this was only ever the last resort so hopefully Mr Phillips is confident of a take over elsewhere soon. As for a Trust running a football club i look at the Exeter model. Yes they have been running the club for a number of years but on crowds over twice that of ours. The only reason they have not gone to the wall is due to cup runs and youth team sales. Neither of which we have.

Mike
TUST_Member_Rob

SenorDingDong wrote:If it's more like £125-£150k then surely the McDonald transfer money should have covered a lot of that? Because it sure as hell hasn't been spent on the playing side of things!
remember half of that will have gone to Thea
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

S4fedr1ve wrote:As far as im concerned this was only ever the last resort so hopefully Mr Phillips is confident of a take over elsewhere soon. As for a Trust running a football club i look at the Exeter model. Yes they have been running the club for a number of years but on crowds over twice that of ours. The only reason they have not gone to the wall is due to cup runs and youth team sales. Neither of which we have.

Mike
But there is nothing to say we could not also have these if the club was run in a more sustainable way.