What Cheltenham fans think of our support...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

What Cheltenham fans think of our support...

Post by dazgull »

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Good spot, every time I looked around everyone seemed to be singing, another night of amazing backing by the Yellow Army, well done to everyone.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

I agree. I live not too far from Cheltenham and know a few Robins fans and all grudgingly told me how much noise we were making last night. One mentioned how it took about 3 seconds for the silence to stop and the yellow army chants to start up again after the equaliser went in. The pitch result might have been 2-2 but the fans score was definitely in our favour!
gulls_aloud
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by gulls_aloud »

Makes me feel that all was not lost last night after all. Nice post from Awayday hiding in there too!
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Well done to everyone who went. It continues the trend of really well attended away games and just emphasises how geography counts against the club.

There are at least as many active fans who live too far away from Plainmoor to attend home games who go to away games. This is great for the team playing away from home but doesn't bring money into the club - worse it puts it into the hands of our competitors!

One of the comments from Cheltenham fans was that the number at Whaddon Rd was over 25% of our normal home attendance but he probably did not realise that most of them don't or can't attend home games.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Perhaps the Club need to realise how they can make the experience of going to home games a lot better.

For the Crawley game I attended with my son, Awayday and Scott Brehaut. In Boots and Laces we were sat in the main bar for a good hour or so and were joined by friends, none of us are troublemakers, none of us were drunk, none were anything other than polite, engaging to home fans AND staff. We started a singsong, kept the songs clean etc etc. Awayday was QUIETLY tapping the drum when we were approached by a middle-aged woman who was very much less than polite in telling us to stop or be asked to leave. There's two ways of making a point, politely or rude. She was definitely rude. There are other factors including the stewards who lets face it are less than friendly, more interested in acting like big tough guys. The experiemce of going to Plainmoor as a HOME fan should be a hell of a lot more pleasurable than what we experienced at that game. If die-hards like us have a genuine reason to complain at how we're treated just imagine what it must feel like for a casual even neutral fan. The club need to realise how much they can alienate many many fans with the kind of reception we got.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

gulls_aloud wrote:Makes me feel that all was not lost last night after all. Nice post from Awayday hiding in there too!
Their little crowd of singers did bloody well for the entire 2nd half, and it was a shame they don't get the recognition. However we are exactly the same at Plainmoor. We have the Ultras who create a bit of an atmosphere, but not all the chants are favourable to the remaining 2,500 Torquay fans so no one else joins in. Like I said on the Robins forum we need to keep the chants simple and clean and most will join in. What's the point of spending 85 minutes going on about Exeter???

If the club are reading this............... GIVE US THE AWAY END !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kee

Post by SantaCruzScotty »

I got to be fair that was the first game where i did not miss a song/chant and will deffo be at the next chelts game when possible!!!
Got to be fair...awayday... better than barlow! aha

TTID
Torquay Till I Die!
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

SantaCruizScotty wrote:I got to be fair that was the first game where i did not miss a song/chant and will deffo be at the next chelts game when possible!!!
Got to be fair...awayday... better than barlow! aha

TTID

Miles better! Many many miles. Really does make a difference. To be fair though, Barlow's drum is crap.
cosmic74
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by cosmic74 »

Great thread on their forum, it is good to see that other clubs realise that Gulls fans do travel well and a credit to the club. Everytime I travel to an away game the atmosphere drummed up by us is second to none, no matter how many there are.

It was great to be part of a fantastic display by all 468 of us on tuesday night.
I live for matchdays!!!!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Awayday wrote: Their little crowd of singers did bloody well for the entire 2nd half, and it was a shame they don't get the recognition. However we are exactly the same at Plainmoor. We have the Ultras who create a bit of an atmosphere, but not all the chants are favourable to the remaining 2,500 Torquay fans so no one else joins in. Like I said on the Robins forum we need to keep the chants simple and clean and most will join in. What's the point of spending 85 minutes going on about Exeter???

If the club are reading this............... GIVE US THE AWAY END !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Be cool brother, they will once the new grandstand is done.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

My parents were at the Hereford game at Plainmoor and hated the drum, but although still not a convert to the way of the drum he admitted that at Cheltenham it was much better. I told him it was a different drummer.
You may not recognise me Awayday but I recognised you as I have seen you before *cue sinister laugh* Mwahahahahaha!