WILL THE REAL DAVE THOMAS PLEASE STAND UP

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

Mr Thomas has been in the 'pocket' of TUFC for a good few years now, back to the dire CR era at least.
He will rarely report anything derogatory about the Club/Directors as it may affect his free entry to the warm Press Box.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

The press sit out in the open
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

dave thomas reports on what he told, i can assure you he doesnt sit in their pocket, if they choose not to tell him something then thats down to the board, he has been as fustrated as anyone with these events.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

ROADRUNNER wrote:dave thomas reports on what he told, i can assure you he doesnt sit in their pocket, if they choose not to tell him something then thats down to the board, he has been as fustrated as anyone with these events.
If correct Roadrunner, why won't he publish the REASONS why fans are not jumping and skipping with joy at the news of the GI Takeover? Why won't he print the darkside of GI's previous ventures with Sports Clubs? After all, it's all in the public domain as Dawlish Warren brilliantly set out about six months ago in a thread titled Gaming International Files (or something similar). No - I think if there's a fence, Dave Thomas will sit on it. :-/
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I've come to the conclusion that I think it must be because David Thomas is not a journalist. He is a reporter. He purely reports on what he sees and what he is told, whereas a journalist would be investigating and asking questions. I suspect in the cosy world of local sports reportage, it makes it far more comfortable not to probe.

Think back to TUST and the 'lawnmower-gate' comments. If he'd bothered to ask at the time, he would have known that they were very different to a Supporters Club, yet that he is how he reported them.

But - as ever - DT always gives the club an easy ride.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

Best thing guys is to talk to Dave direct , he can be easily contacted through the herald, he can then tell you then how he does things , i tell you now he gets as fustrated as anyone with what goes on and what he is told, maybe speak to him face to face.
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

hector wrote:I've come to the conclusion that I think it must be because David Thomas is not a journalist. He is a reporter. He purely reports on what he sees and what he is told, whereas a journalist would be investigating and asking questions. I suspect in the cosy world of local sports reportage, it makes it far more comfortable not to probe.

Think back to TUST and the 'lawnmower-gate' comments. If he'd bothered to ask at the time, he would have known that they were very different to a Supporters Club, yet that he is how he reported them.

But - as ever - DT always gives the club an easy ride.
That hits the David Thomas nail on the head Hector - he is not a investigative journalist but just a reporter. If it involves doing a bit of prying then it is a "no-no" for him.
Sadly nobody on the sports team at the HE is able to do any investigational work now ... not Thomas, Hughes or Henderson.
As to speaking to him face to face - well I've done that many a time and got nowhere .. he is very much a TUFC man and reports on what he knows they want to hear!
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

:rofl: