Exit of Finance Officer

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Exit of Finance Officer

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Mel Hayman is reported in the Herald as having "left by mutual consent".

She is an accountant and lifelong fan. For a business (and I hesitate to use that term) that is publicly in severe financial difficulties to lose a person with some grasp of cash flow etc. is a worrying situation.

The inference from Phillips is that the role (including all fiduciary requirements) will be undertaken by the remaining 3 employees and the current directors! His comment that the club will need to replace her "at some stage" concerns me.

Comment made in an earlier post that administration is a possibility again, maybe the reason she has left?
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Never ever felt so gloomy as a gulls fan... this is worse than dave webb era
uffculmegull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: jim fryatt

Post by uffculmegull »

Why would the finance officer resign midway through a financial year, at the end fare enough and having given enough notice to have a replacement already in place, why was the fans forum cancelled at such short notice, Phillips saying they were short on numbers, hello, all you need is Phillips and Nicholson for the fans forum , did the forum cancellation take place after the meeting with the TUST this afternoon. Does it have anything to do with not receiving the cash that we would have had if we had won last night, These and many more conspiracy theories will undoubtedly abound and breed in a information vacuum, well they will in my mind, I like facts, not rumours but there is no smoke without fire and too many coincidences especially at our club spell disaster
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

From a business point of view, you wouldn't want your employer to go into administration whilst your at the helm of the finances.

I would suggest that Mel has got out before her professional profile is tarnished by such a situation.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

TUST have just completed their financial inspection doodahs and had a meeting with the board - I know no facts but my guess is that the two are connected.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I wouldn't be too upset if it emerged that GI's mole had been identified.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
uffculmegull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: jim fryatt

Post by uffculmegull »

You cannot make a comment like that without giving us some more, especially as I building a scaffold for the perpetrator as we speak.