Fans Forum

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

If that is true ......WHAT has more than $50k ( in American airport and no sterling sign!!!) been spent on? Not the squad that is for sure.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

And assuming we haven't repaid this or any other amount by January does the Club become GI property as suggested previously on the forum??

Perhaps their is no chance and the Board are turning to TUST as a last resort and I don't mean that negatively to TUST, just that previously the board did not talk to them or some would say even recognise them.

Fans forum should be interesting listening.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Yaaaay, TUST getting the club, that's great news...

20 players, a manager, an assistant, a physio, a kitman, a groundsman, a stadium manager and a receptionist. 27 employees at £300/week on average. That's £32,400/month in wages alone. Plus NI, pensions, insurance, gas, electricity, water, admin, expenses, phone, internet, stewarding, contingency, depreciation, sundries, Sky TV, stock, bar staff, programme production, policing, St Johns donations, repairs and maintenance. The list is almost without end. It will cost £100,000/month to run our club to its full extent. More if you actually want us to do anything other than stay 16th in the Conference. Community ownership, like communism, is great on paper, but it simply won't work. Torbay really is the arsehole of the UK. Full of penniless pensioners and out-of-work scum. Quite where this money is supposed to come from, no one has yet satisfactorily explained. Yes, I get it, the TUST runs some lottery thing where you can win a pint of real ale and a scratchcard, but that is hardly going to generate the sort of income needed to run a football club.

We don't need a dozen or so well meaning but ultimately ill-equipped and underfunded busybodies, we need a Dale Vince or a Pete Masters. Someone willing to chuck millions of pounds about the place with gay abandon. Someone who has run a business before and made a bloody success of it, not a cab driver (hi Nina - if I ever buy the club, you're getting your own stand!), a bouncer (hi Dave - not making Eastleigh tonight, sorry!) and a retired copper from Paris or wherever (hi Scott - good show by the England boys in the end!)

Yes, it's very sad that it'll never happen, but when a club is simply not popular, it's not popular. Have a look at Burton, they still only get 4000 or so in the Championship. People in Burton, as people in Torquay, just don't give a shit about football. That's how it'll always be. Newcastle could manage it, as could Villa and maybe QPR, but the chances of us being sustainably run by donations alone in the position we are in now is absolutely zero.

Might as well give it to me and let me have a bash, I don't have £100,000/month going spare either.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
TUFCforeverlover
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by TUFCforeverlover »

Hi Matt

I am pleased to see your return to the forum as you offer a strong range of opinions.

My question to you (quite simply) is whether or not you are willing to step up to the task and actually use your undoubted energy towards the future prospects of the club. If so, please respond to the post accordingly and I will look to get in contact with you in due course should this be required.

As you will no doubt appreciate, it is hugely important at the current time that we harness the enthusiasm from those people who wish to focus on the long term wellbeing of the club. We can all post negative comments but if you truly wish to help towards the club in the long term please let me know as I am sure you will prove really useful
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

TUFCforeverlover wrote:Hi Matt

I am pleased to see your return to the forum as you offer a strong range of opinions.

My question to you (quite simply) is whether or not you are willing to step up to the task and actually use your undoubted energy towards the future prospects of the club. If so, please respond to the post accordingly and I will look to get in contact with you in due course should this be required.

As you will no doubt appreciate, it is hugely important at the current time that we harness the enthusiasm from those people who wish to focus on the long term wellbeing of the club. We can all post negative comments but if you truly wish to help towards the club in the long term please let me know as I am sure you will prove really useful
If I weren't such a mild-mannered fellow, I'd take umbrage at the implication of your post that I don't presently use my efforts towards advancing the fortunes of the club. Fortunately for you...

Sorry, having to take a short break to explain that I had meant to use the Pulp Fiction quote here, but I can't remember how it goes...

Yeah, let me know what you had in mind and who the hell you are and I'll do m'best for you.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"