Fans Forum

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Is there a reason given why the date has changed ? I fear bad news !!!!!
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

They probably just bottled it after last nights defeat.

First rule of business, don't confront the investors after a bad result.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

If we are waiting to hold it after a couple of wins that could be a while.
Best suggestion I can offer is - betting shop on Saturday - back Torquay to be winning at half time and losing at the end - normally about 22/1
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Maybe Courtney Richards could pawn his gold boots from last nights 100th appearance and buy a couple of scratch cards to save the club................
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
uffculmegull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: jim fryatt

Post by uffculmegull »

Just got a communication from the TUST to say that after the meeting with the board today it was agreed that due to the considerable amount of information that was reviewed the TUST have decided to consider their position and report back by the 31 of this month, they finish by saying "a formal announcement will be made by the club and TUST soon after this decision has been made"
Make of that what you will.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Pure speculation on my part but it sounds to me like TUST, having seen the books, have a big decision to make.

Is it feasible for TUST to manage TUFC or not?

The Board are out of time and money and cannot find a buyer.

I still do not understand why the Board do not formally put the Club up for sale and hope for a "white knight".
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

uffculmegull wrote:Just got a communication from the TUST to say that after the meeting with the board today it was agreed that due to the considerable amount of information that was reviewed the TUST have decided to consider their position and report back by the 31 of this month, they finish by saying "a formal announcement will be made by the club and TUST soon after this decision has been made"
Make of that what you will.
If we are to be run by TUST, then us supporters have to rally together to keep our football club substainable
Lucy
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

TUST email this evening says that they and the club will be making an announcement next week. Hopefully things will become clearer after that.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

tomogull wrote: I hope you mean 2016, Magpie ....... :|
Maybe your original date is nearer the mark, Magpie. That's assuming we still have a club to support in 2017 ...... :'( :'(
uffculmegull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: jim fryatt

Post by uffculmegull »

Agree fully with your sentiments Lucy, however I still have grave misgivings about community ownership although if the alternative is adminstration I will sing the praises of such a model. There are no white knights waiting in the wings that is obvious, probably a few vultures though. My problem is that there are no successful community owned clubs, I do not mean successful in terms of declaring big end of year profits but I do mean the possibility of promotion. Yes I am sure that if the TUST or some other community owned body took over the club and called for a big financial contribution from the fans , as a one off event it would be a success, then what, where would the continuing finance come from to continue the progression, we are not a rich, high earning area. We get little or no support from the council, we would be hard pushed to qualify for lottery funding.
Football clubs suck up money like sponges with very little return especialy in the lower eschelons and without a constant revenue stream not connected or dependent on successful cup runs or feet through the turnstiles then we along with many other clubs will struggle or tetter on bankcruptcy.
Which ever model takes us forward they must realise very early on that saturdays is only one of seven days in the week that we need to raise money and throughout the year not just the football season, as yet how small clubs generate cash on the other days of the week unless you have a five star hotel or michelin star restaurant within the ground remains a mystery.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

uffculmegull wrote: ...we are not a rich, high earning area.
I don't think anyone in TUST thinks that it would be easy but it would be better than not having a club at all. At least the club would be safe from property developers and asset strippers like Peter Masters. However, I think there are enough business savvy and astute people in TUST to do the job.

Also, although we do not live in a high earning area, Torquay is a great club with a long history and has fans all over the country (the world in fact - including Brazil!) that would support a community share issue.
Last edited by gullpower on 20 Oct 2016, 06:48, edited 1 time in total.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Whoops, quoted myself instead of editing now can't delete.
Last edited by gullpower on 20 Oct 2016, 08:02, edited 1 time in total.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Masters is bringing his Truro team to play their home games at Plainmoor so he shouldn't be a problem in the short term.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

does anyone know if the £50k has been paid to GI yet ??
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

MF68 wrote:does anyone know if the £50k has been paid to GI yet ??
Unfortunately rumour has it we bored alot more than that