The Disgraceful Player Fund

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

£14,000 but from since when? What's it been used for? How much has already been used? How much is left?
There are so many unanswered questions that make this figure meaningness.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

If that's this season then it's a very good total. Last season it reached about £10k didn't it? With a letter from Nicho to every (cheap) season ticket holder asking for £25 and some momentum over the summer then we surely raised more than £4k, so I would guess it's not a running total.

Nicholson said a few weeks back that there's nothing left, so I doubt much has changed since then. We haven't even signed a nearly fit Durrell Berry yet, as there's no money left. Then we'll need to look at funding Jamie Reid from January to May if Exeter don't want him back. And then a defender or two would be handy...
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

some communication! :)
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Gullscorer wrote:Some common sense from Nicho: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37726442
"We cultivated them over the year, come October last year nobody was looking at Angus MacDonald and Nathan Smith and raving crazily about them, whereas now they have Premier League and Championship clubs looking at them."
Something we as a club and Nicho in particular must be immensely proud to be a part of.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote:A harsh title for it maybe but I came away from the ground on Saturday thinking the current board dont deserve any of my money without telling me whats happening with it.

I'm not knocking the Player Fund idea, its a great system, however its current set up is woeful and lacks any transparency, accountability or ambition.

The new website could have been an opportunity to do this simple options such as

1 - Every month an updated pot showing total donations in and any expenditure from it and what it was spent on
2 - A live (updated maybe every other day) 'totalizer' that people could actually see their odd £10 going into

At the moment donations goes into a black hole or the clubs main account - mistake - and we arent notified of what it was spent on and from a chairman and board who aren't publicly saying a word its not good enough!
#lolz

This is the problem with football clubs, people with absolutely no appreciation of reality get involved and get to make stupid statements like this one. I see you're a TUST member, it's going to be good fun watching you try to run the place for about 15 minutes.

The new website was created by two fans with a little knowledge and some free time. They spent their time on the internet doing something positive for the club as best they could, rather than talking ***** on a forum. Still, just so long as you've joined the Trust.

If we have a pot of money available to buy players, do you think the clubs selling those players would A) offer the player to us at fair market value or B) offer that player to us for exactly the amount of money we have available to spend?

Equally, if us and another club are in for a player and we publish how much we have available to spend on that player, do you think they'll A) bid what they were going to anyway, because using that information to their advantage just wouldn't be cricket or B) take our figure and add in an extra 50p?

Similarly, imagine a player's agent negotiating the wages for his client who wants to move to us, would he A) ask for an amount which his client would accept and the commission from which will pay for a weekend in a caravan on Anglesey or B) ask for twice that amount, knowing that's how much we have in the kitty and the commission from which will allow him to take his tart to Spain for a fortnight?

You're the selling club and have sold us a player (for more than he's worth, because we published our financial wellbeing online to appease some ******* gimp on a forum) and have negotiated as part of the deal, that the transfer fee shall remain undisclosed. Torquay then publish the figure in a roundabout way by updating the information on their website. Do you A) forget all about it, it was only harmless and it shows just what a shrewd deal you secured or B) Sue.

You're the Chairman of Torquay United. Your days are typically 14-16 hours in the office with an hour's commute either end. You have a wife, two teenage children and a spaniel called Rex. Your BMW needs taking in for its MOT, the new washing machine is being delivered on Tuesday, you've got to take Rex to the vet on Wednesday and you're already scheduled to be in meetings all week. After all, you run a whole football club, you're a busy, busy man. Some **** on the internet is giving you grief because he wants to know EXACTLY how your business spends its money, information to which he has no actual right, but has assumed a moral right for reasons known only to himself and his God. Do you A) stay late in the office, missing dinner and pissing off the wife who you're sure is already sleeping with the postman all to write an itemised list of every single penny that has come into and gone out of the PF in the last month, including the £1.84 that you borrowed to buy a donut and coffee this morning or B) ignore the baiting and get on with your actual job of running a football club.

To answer some of the other burning questions in this thread, I visited, of all the obscure and bizarre corners of the internet, the official website of Torquay United. I know, right, I mean, who the hell would think to look there?

Amazingly, within seconds, I found the following information. WARNING - THIS INFORMATION MAY SHOCK!

So how will the ‘Players Fund’ work?

We are asking for donations from anyone that can afford to donate money on a regular monthly basis or even a one-off donation. This money will be earmarked to go towards the cost of a player, or players, weekly wage(s).

And even more shockingly:

The Board of Directors will assure you that all monies received through this scheme will be used purely to assist [the manager] in building his squad.

So there we have it, the answer to what we spend the money on is right there and has been since the day the programme was launched some 18 months ago. It's been spent on signing Bliss and Reidy's loan and GG's relocation costs and, one time, when their digs at Thea's farm ran out of bog roll, Sparkesy ran to the local Co-op and bought some more and claimed it back on expenses.

Feel better now? Going to double your contribution now? No, didn't think so.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
TUST_Member_Rob

I see this guy is back, didn't you get banned for being a racist and/or homophobic?

And straight in with a dig at the mods on the fans forum topic, you've clearly been busy dreaming up those one liners during your ban!!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote:I see this guy is back, didn't you get banned for being a racist and/or homophobic?
Yes, but then we (you) voted Leave and being a bigot became de rigueur so they let me back in as Captain, Leader, Legend.
TUST_Member_Rob wrote: and straight in with a dig at the mods on the fans forum topic, you've clearly been busy dreaming up those one liners during your ban!!
Whatever job you get when the meek inherit the Earth, it won't be English Comprehension Officer.

Matt.
TUST_Member_Rob

ferrarilover wrote: Yes, but then we (you) voted Leave and being a bigot became de rigueur so they let me back in as Captain, Leader, Legend.
Whatever job you get when the meek inherit the Earth, it won't be English Comprehension Officer.

Matt.
a poor comeback for the time you've had on your hands!
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

ferrarilover wrote: Yes, but then we (you) voted Leave and being a bigot became de rigueur so they let me back in as Captain, Leader, Legend.

Matt.
I am so happy that you're back , Matt! :lol: :scarf:
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

ferrarilover wrote: #lolz

This is the problem with football clubs, people with absolutely no appreciation of reality get involved and get to make stupid statements like this one. I see you're a TUST member, it's going to be good fun watching you try to run the place for about 15 minutes.

The new website was created by two fans with a little knowledge and some free time. They spent their time on the internet doing something positive for the club as best they could, rather than talking ***** on a forum. Still, just so long as you've joined the Trust.

If we have a pot of money available to buy players, do you think the clubs selling those players would A) offer the player to us at fair market value or B) offer that player to us for exactly the amount of money we have available to spend?

Equally, if us and another club are in for a player and we publish how much we have available to spend on that player, do you think they'll A) bid what they were going to anyway, because using that information to their advantage just wouldn't be cricket or B) take our figure and add in an extra 50p?

Similarly, imagine a player's agent negotiating the wages for his client who wants to move to us, would he A) ask for an amount which his client would accept and the commission from which will pay for a weekend in a caravan on Anglesey or B) ask for twice that amount, knowing that's how much we have in the kitty and the commission from which will allow him to take his tart to Spain for a fortnight?

You're the selling club and have sold us a player (for more than he's worth, because we published our financial wellbeing online to appease some ******* gimp on a forum) and have negotiated as part of the deal, that the transfer fee shall remain undisclosed. Torquay then publish the figure in a roundabout way by updating the information on their website. Do you A) forget all about it, it was only harmless and it shows just what a shrewd deal you secured or B) Sue.

You're the Chairman of Torquay United. Your days are typically 14-16 hours in the office with an hour's commute either end. You have a wife, two teenage children and a spaniel called Rex. Your BMW needs taking in for its MOT, the new washing machine is being delivered on Tuesday, you've got to take Rex to the vet on Wednesday and you're already scheduled to be in meetings all week. After all, you run a whole football club, you're a busy, busy man. Some **** on the internet is giving you grief because he wants to know EXACTLY how your business spends its money, information to which he has no actual right, but has assumed a moral right for reasons known only to himself and his God. Do you A) stay late in the office, missing dinner and pissing off the wife who you're sure is already sleeping with the postman all to write an itemised list of every single penny that has come into and gone out of the PF in the last month, including the £1.84 that you borrowed to buy a donut and coffee this morning or B) ignore the baiting and get on with your actual job of running a football club.

To answer some of the other burning questions in this thread, I visited, of all the obscure and bizarre corners of the internet, the official website of Torquay United. I know, right, I mean, who the hell would think to look there?

Amazingly, within seconds, I found the following information. WARNING - THIS INFORMATION MAY SHOCK!

So how will the ‘Players Fund’ work?

We are asking for donations from anyone that can afford to donate money on a regular monthly basis or even a one-off donation. This money will be earmarked to go towards the cost of a player, or players, weekly wage(s).

And even more shockingly:

The Board of Directors will assure you that all monies received through this scheme will be used purely to assist [the manager] in building his squad.

So there we have it, the answer to what we spend the money on is right there and has been since the day the programme was launched some 18 months ago. It's been spent on signing Bliss and Reidy's loan and GG's relocation costs and, one time, when their digs at Thea's farm ran out of bog roll, Sparkesy ran to the local Co-op and bought some more and claimed it back on expenses.

Feel better now? Going to double your contribution now? No, didn't think so.

Matt.
Pretty good that :goodpost: the forum is much better with you back, incidentally have you kidnapped brucie
Lucy
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I agree with Ferrarilover (on this occasion..). A well-reasoned and perfectly measured post from him which brought a smile to my face (and that takes some doing). Good to have you back Matt. Now behave yourself.. :)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Yes, very entertaining without going too far and in keeping with the conditions of him having his membership reinstated.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

'Ere Dave. Your swear filter, how does it work? Sometimes I say ****, or shit, or **** and it gets starred out, othertimes not.

Yours,

Confused of Bournemouth.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It works by not swearing :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com