Where's everyone gone in the forum?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Where's everyone gone in the forum?

Post by lucy6lucy »

Roll back even last season the average match day thread, would go to at least 6/7 pages.
The match thread would be out almost as the last match finished
Numerous topics discussed with multiple responses

Fast forward this season. The forum is a ghost town. So where has everyone gone. Match threads are being made on match day, and lucky to have a 2 page total. A day can go by with no comment.
Is this because of a fallout with breed, nobody is interested anymore, key members being insulted. It's a shame as previous seasons if you didn't log on you would miss loads of discussion and banter. Is this the end of the forum?
Lucy
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I was thinking just the same thoughts earlier today. I put it down to us long suffering supporters totally fed up with the 'management' on and off the field of our club.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

In a few days I'll have been running this site for 10 years, we averaged 150 new posts a day. It's such a shame to see the decline in posts and when I talk to people that used to post regularly they say they are just fed up, so I'm hoping that it's due to poor performances as mentioned above and that they will be back. However I am a realist and know that times are changing as people 'like' to use Facebook ever more nowadays, it's taking over the web and killing independent websites (now even moving into marketplace - putting the likes of eBay at risk). This site will always be here but with lower visitors it does mean less advert revenue so a server downgrade will be necessary if it continues.
So I ask you all please come back, help keep us strong and even bookmark us on your phone so you can read/contribute on the go and at games post your thoughts at half time – the mobile site is pretty cool I must say.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

Well im hardly a big contributor on here but i love the forum even though i disagree with a lot of whats being said. Its always one of the first sites i visit when i log on. This week it does feel as if everyones having a week off it certainly is very quiet.

it is hard to get enthusiastic with continued failures over the last few years on the pitch and things getting more desperate every year off the pitch.

KN has my full support i think he's doing a good job in very testing times but until things change off the pitch we will continue stumbling along which is probably manifesting in interest here on this forum reducing.

I for my part will try to post more. probably starting on the popside where i may start disagreeing again with gullscorer and the other brexiteers :whistle:
Mike
Absolutelythirdrate

Post by Absolutelythirdrate »

I think it would help immensely if the board decided to hold a public meeting to keep the fans up to date with what's going on off the pitch. So much for the chairmans promise of openness and transparency when he took over!
tivvygull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tivvygull »

I've always been a reader but rarely post.
Also had problems logging in with my old username and the password reset didn't send me a new password. Not sure if its just me.
Despite his often going too far I do actually miss Matt's posts. And Andy's.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

I dont log in very often and rarely post but be assured I read this forum every single day, when I'm not at work and at home chillin' I check it constantly, its the first thing I read in the morning and the last thing at night.

I just think everybody is just totally fed up, there isnt much positive to post or read so many arent bothering. Shame really, cant see it changing anytime soon. Its been one bad decision after another which has led us to where we are now. We have blown whatever resources we once had when we should have been more prudent and shrewd and now we have hardly anything to play with and should have been even more careful we have made even more terrible use of what we have.

Ita all quite depressing really.
:scarf:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Louis wrote:In a few days I'll have been running this site for 10 years
Wow! Louis, how time flies. Not forgetting the years before when Mervo ran it.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

It's the same sort of apathy that has infected Plainmoor unfortunately.

I've also got less time at the mo as I'm working as many hours as I can - and my band is playing lots of gigs at the mo, so my weekends are taken up with that.

Given the state of the club, it's hard to get excited about the team, but I get goal alerts on my phone (unfortunately), and log on here as often as I can.

Looking forward to a bit of cup progress this season to get us some much needed revenue, and to give us fans something to cheer about.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I too log on every day but rarely post nowadays because many of the "characters" on the site have stopped posting and its less interesting as a result.

I am becoming disillusioned with football in general (England are truly awful, I've stopped watching any Premiership football on TV because they're almost exclusively foreign teams, and I believe money is killing the game) and TUFC in particular (having been involved as a volunteer with the Club during the Knill and Hargreaves era).

I still attend every game as a season ticket holder, pay a modest contribution to the player fund but rarely get excited about the team's performances or prospects. If we ever did drop down from this league it would be the end for all football for me and I would return to watching rugby (which I played for many years).
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Don''t worry, lads. brucie and wivelgull will go on forever!
Charley the Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courtney Richards

Post by Charley the Gull »

Seems like there is still interest in the Forum from comments above but mainly a readership. I'm only an occasional 'poster' but find it an ideal means of getting my feelings out there and to hear others thoughts. Maybe we are all getting into a rut with no success to enthuse about and a bit fed up having to criticise too often. OK with all the problems on and off the field we all know the Club is in a vulnerable state but there have been glimmers of hope on the pitch when we do pass the ball and play football. Fingers crossed for Saturday's Cup match as Woking have been going through a tough patch and Nico is obviously trying to gee the team up. As for posts, let's all try and add something even if we don't all agree, as apathy will be the killer of the Club.

Out on an edge ........ 2-0 win on Sat!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I reckon the true state of current affairs - is it apathy? - will be shown by the size of Saturday's gate when all those season ticket holders have to shell out cash at the turnstiles.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

nickbrod wrote:I reckon the true state of current affairs - is it apathy? - will be shown by the size of Saturday's gate when all those season ticket holders have to shell out cash at the turnstiles.
I think you may be right. Hope not!