Where's everyone gone in the forum?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Thanks taxilady. I was 17 in 2007 now nearly 27 although I did get ID'd for some beers the other day, but that is a very rare occurrence. From what I've seen it came more from our members views to which we welcome all ages, disabilities, dyslexic, foreign, whingebags, etc...
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

You know if you've ever been in a relationship that has ended. And you're still really fond of the other person, but you know there's no future in it. You think about them all the time, but you're trying desperately not to. It just hurts too much to think about what they've become and how things might have been different. That.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Fonda wrote:You know if you've ever been in a relationship that has ended. And you're still really fond of the other person, but you know there's no future in it. You think about them all the time, but you're trying desperately not to. It just hurts too much to think about what they've become and how things might have been different. That.
Well, at least you still think fondly of me.

I'll take it :-D

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

I should clarify. It's the state of club/football team (not the forum) I was referring to. It's become too painful to want to write about. Imagine a massive pessimist like myself writing down my current thoughts. It'd be painful for everyone.

As for the forum, its naturally suffering because of the plight of the subject matter. TUFC sadly doesn't provide much happiness or entertainment to anyone currently. It'll pick up again when our rich Saudi new owners take over...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I've never heard of BPIR. Information, anyone?
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

wivelgull wrote:I've never heard of BPIR. Information, anyone?
http://www.thelondonlabia.proboards.com

You'll find Brucie! ;-)
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Fonda wrote:I should clarify. It's the state of club/football team (not the forum) I was referring to. It's become too painful to want to write about. Imagine a massive pessimist like myself writing down my current thoughts. It'd be painful for everyone.

As for the forum, its naturally suffering because of the plight of the subject matter. TUFC sadly doesn't provide much happiness or entertainment to anyone currently. It'll pick up again when our rich Saudi new owners take over...
It is utterly miserable being a Gulls fan at the moment. Torment around every corner. Worse than any of our utterly miserable moments in the past. It feels to me that the previous Board destroyed the club's relationship with Gulls fans and the current Board does not have the ability or inclination to fix this. I still pay into the players' fund monthly, have done since it started, but I do this for emotional reasons rather than common sense. I have no hope whatsoever that things will improve, it is like losing a dear friend.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I have joined BPIR, but not with any great enthusiasm. I also post on Whitby Town FC Forum and regularly mention Torquay United.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Fonda wrote:I should clarify. It's the state of club/football team (not the forum) I was referring to. It's become too painful to want to write about. Imagine a massive pessimist like myself writing down my current thoughts. It'd be painful for everyone.

I for one would like to read them :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Southampton Gull wrote:
I for one would like to read them :)
Nice of you to say so Dave. :)

All too painful though - for me and anyone who read it!
GarryLeedsGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russel

Post by GarryLeedsGull »

It has been the state of the football and the running of the club that has been responsible for my decline in posts. The only thing to talk about is poor performances and that has gotten repetitive over the last 4/5 years. I still follow us home and away when I can.. I work most Saturdays so it is difficult but I do keep up with scores and the latest news. The forum was buzzing in the early years when Louis took control because we had a winning mentality on the pitch, exciting players, a good relationship between the players and fans. Now we struggle to find out anything within the club, I rely on the Herald Express online for most of my news now which is just sad. I hope we can get back to where we were in 2011/12
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Fonda wrote: Nice of you to say so Dave. :)

All too painful though - for me and anyone who read it!
I remember some of your posts when we were actually well off, I think we both knew the writing was on the wall though when Ling got shafted.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Whilst I would agree that it's all been downhill since then and we did treat him very badly, I think his relapse whilst at Swindon shows that a return to Plainmoor would have been very bad for Martin personally.

There's a very honest and revealing interview with Martin Ling on the Daily Mail site.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -road.html
furmax
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Aggy

Post by furmax »

There used to be (many eons ago) rosetinters and darksiders. It created discussion and debate. Now the rosetinters have either gone or have fallen to the darkside. Constantly posting or reading we are crap at anything and everyone else is better and the club is out to shaft us because they are obviously the devil incarnate is just depressing and boring. It is a sign, symptom and contributor to the cancer that has seen the demise of this club to where it is now, and we all struggle to see it improving. You reap what you sow.
A poster previously know as furzehamgull. @furmax