Berry back but theres no money to sign him!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

MarkL
If I was in a situation to give a wad of cash to it (which, unfortunately, I'm not) I would, at the very least, like to see the numbers.
I think most of us would reckon that was fair enough. Although of course, you don't want to get on a slippery slope whereby some bright spark then announces that it's the fans who buy the matchday programmes, and demands to know how much profit is made each month from programme sales.With only three full time staff (besides those involved with the playing and management side) we can guess how busy they must be, without having to go about compiling sets of figures.

And of course, you wouldn't want the players fund cash figures made generally available, as if your big wad showed up, the player who Nico was negotiating to sign would adjust his wage demands upwards accordingly. Remember that just a little while ago GG signed a contract with us on the same day that Eunan O'Kane joined Leeds. Now if it had been announced in the morning that we'd be getting a cash injection of £200,000 as our cut of the transfer, you can bet that GG's agent would have immediately factored that into his negotiations and demanded more money for both himself and GG.

It's worth reminding ourselves that there are plenty who would use every opportunity of such 'transparency' to use it against the club's benefit and to favour themselves instead. There's more to consider than just satisfying fans curiosity.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Half-time bucket collection anyone? Or can't we afford the buckets?
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Dazza wrote:I have it on good authority that TUST has indeed been infiltrated by the North Koreans. They are quietly breeding in Marldon awaiting a full red moon.
Yes, but will all that breeding result in eleven decent players, so that when TUST take over they can hit the ground running?
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

It's more likely the North Koreans will take over and hit the ground running. Imagine Mr. Kim as club chairman, with a five-year plan.. :whip:

Then imagine a TUST committee demanding clarification from him as to whether or when the club is going to fold.. :whip: :)