Berry back but theres no money to sign him!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TUST_Member_Rob

Berry back but theres no money to sign him!

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

This would be a very welcome return for the defence!

Credit to getting him back way ahead of time!

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/t ... story.html
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I assume, always dangerous to assume, that ALL the money in the players fund has been spent.

If so can anyone in authority at the club give an indication how much we need to raise to offer Durrell a contract until the end of the season?
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

I know Verma made an error for the first goal on Sat however he's been one of our better performers of late.

Do we actually need Berry?? I think if we did have money available wouldn't it be better off spent elsewhere at this moment
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

It was reported on the BBC website on 12th May that Berry had been retained. I assumed therefore he was under contract. Surely we have been paying him something while he has been out.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Was it not insurance that was paying him something whilst he was injured?
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

It may be an unpalatable truth for some, but the fact remains that while certain TUST militants have been posting things elsewhere such as 'My feeling is that fans should NOT pay into the players fund', as part of what seems like an obvious 'cut off their funding until our demands are met' strategy, on that very same site, or indeed on this one, you'll find it's a TUST member who's first out of the blocks to highlight the club's lack of money.

Remember what Dave Phillips said in his programme notes on Saturday: "The official supporters club is not to be confused with TUST who do not raise money for the club"

If helping finance an organisation attempting to overthrow the current ownership set up is your priority then fine, but spare us the TUST crocodile tears while Nico is hunting down the back of the sofa trying to find some pennies for Durrell Berry.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Alpine Joe wrote:It may be an unpalatable truth for some, but the fact remains that while certain TUST militants have been posting things elsewhere such as 'My feeling is that fans should NOT pay into the players fund', as part of what seems like an obvious 'cut off their funding until our demands are met' strategy, on that very same site, or indeed on this one, you'll find it's a TUST member who's first out of the blocks to highlight the club's lack of money.

Remember what Dave Phillips said in his programme notes on Saturday: "The official supporters club is not to be confused with TUST who do not raise money for the club"

If helping finance an organisation attempting to overthrow the current ownership set up is your priority then fine, but spare us the TUST crocodile tears while Nico is hunting down the back of the sofa trying to find some pennies for Durrell Berry.
I was not aware that the money collected by the TUST is not passed on to the club. Who controls it.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I may be wrong, but my understanding is that money collected by the TUST is saved in preparation for the time when it is in a position to be able to, if not take over the club, then become a shareholder. However, I do share Alpine Joe's misgivings regarding the attitudes of TUST and its activists.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

I would love Alpine Joe to please be a little bit more specific about the way that TUST is attempting to overthrow the current ownership set up; I haven't authorised them to do that, & I'm as important as any other member. My money sits in a Fund at the moment Arcadia, & the amounts are detailed to me by e mail every month; that Fund is being accumulated in case another situation arises, as it did with the current owners, where it suddenly became apparent that the chains were going to be put across the doors by the following Friday.There'll be no Deano potentially to try to persuade 10 investors to put in £ 30 k each again.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

taxilady wrote:I would love Alpine Joe to please be a little bit more specific about the way that TUST is attempting to overthrow the current ownership set up; I haven't authorised them to do that, & I'm as important as any other member. My money sits in a Fund at the moment Arcadia, & the amounts are detailed to me by e mail every month; that Fund is being accumulated in case another situation arises, as it did with the current owners, where it suddenly became apparent that the chains were going to be put across the doors by the following Friday.There'll be no Deano potentially to try to persuade 10 investors to put in £ 30 k each again.
I was concerned that the money could run out as the directors have let the manager use money that was not there to finance the team.

So the TUST is a safety valve. I think that the club should have gone part-time to build again, get promotion Part-time then go full time again this would have given the club a chance to get on their feet. Sadly unless Nicho can turn things around and give us a good cup run things are going to get worse.
This is unless a firm offer and money is there to finance the club.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I have it on good authority that TUST has indeed been infiltrated by the North Koreans. They are quietly breeding in Marldon awaiting a full red moon.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

Dazza wrote:I have it on good authority that TUST has indeed been infiltrated by the North Koreans. They are quietly breeding in Marldon awaiting a full red moon.
It's good to have a laugh but this could be serious in a few months time.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Alpine Joe wrote:It may be an unpalatable truth for some, but the fact remains that while certain TUST militants have been posting things elsewhere such as 'My feeling is that fans should NOT pay into the players fund', as part of what seems like an obvious 'cut off their funding until our demands are met' strategy, on that very same site, or indeed on this one, you'll find it's a TUST member who's first out of the blocks to highlight the club's lack of money.

Is aimed at me for starting this thread?

Start your own if you'd like, as well as being a TUST member/ ST holder i donate when I can to the player fund
MarkL
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by MarkL »

Is there any access to the Players Fund accounts? If I was in a situation to give a wad of cash to it (which, unfortunately, I'm not) I would, at the very least, like to see the numbers.
Our club is incredibly opaque considering when this gang took over they harked on about how transparent they would be.
In contrast, if you're a member of TUST, they tell you the balance of the funds every month. I find this somewhat more palatable.

I don't disagree with having a players fund by the way but it looks like a bit of a black-hole to me.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

MarkL wrote:Is there any access to the Players Fund accounts? If I was in a situation to give a wad of cash to it (which, unfortunately, I'm not) I would, at the very least, like to see the numbers.
Our club is incredibly opaque considering when this gang took over they harked on about how transparent they would be.
In contrast, if you're a member of TUST, they tell you the balance of the funds every month. I find this somewhat more palatable.

I don't disagree with having a players fund by the way but it looks like a bit of a black-hole to me.
I have never understood how the players fund works. One month there may be a grand donated, the next a couple of quid. It's great that us fans are able to donate our money to the club but just a little transparency would be nice.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084