Mark Pym

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Mark Pym

Post by hector »

I'm surprised - unless, I have missed it - that the passing of Mark Pym hasn't been mentioned on this site.

I didn't know him - although I knew who he was - but was shocked and saddened to read that he had died.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Heard about this late last night, didn't think it was my place to start a thread however. Knew Mark well as many did, often had a chat with him in boots and laces, and occasionally stood with Mark in the ground. Being honest, he wasn't always an easy person to speak to/with, but Mark had a heart of gold and was harmless, he won the upmost respect from fans, for his unrelenting and passionate support for the club, which never waned even after he was well and truly kicked in the nuts, by the security team a few seasons back, who were backed fully by the club, the club only ever sought one side of the story, and never spoke to people like me, who directly witnessed what happened.

I believe the club will be holding a minutes applause for Mark at the next game (read on FB) that's the least they can do, for a very loyal fan.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Genuinely shocked by this news as I knew who Mark was and as forever has already said, he was hard work sometimes but he was 100% Torquay United and he loved walking along the popside saying hello to anyone he vaguely recognised. I remember a few years ago, at Weymouth, he came over on the away terrace and shook my hand and greeted me like a long lost friend. I had no idea who he was at the time but that was typical of the man.

RIP Mark
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Bornagull23

Post by Bornagull23 »

As above really sad news . A real United fan who will be missed on the pop side
Rest in peace