Torquay United Official Supporters Club (TUOSC)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TUST_Member_Rob

Torquay United Official Supporters Club (TUOSC)

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Coming into the ground and handed an application form ti join the above which is "officially" recognized by the club.

Where's the TUST come into this?

Last update from them was to spend £2000 to check the finances of the club
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Fawlty Towers was based on a poorly run hotel in Torquay.

I predict a new comedy based on a poorly run football club in Torquay.

Piss poor "launch" by a bunch of clowns on the pitch at half time. They promise better communication but I didn't hear everything because of their ineptitude to use a microphone properly.

You couldn't make it up!

£10 for adults so join now and avoid the rush......
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

All looked like a bit of the shambles on the pitch (and I'm not talking about the 90 minutes of football). No-one had any idea what was going on and it was the first I heard of this "TUOSC." What a calamity.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

It was a shambles. After a launch like that won't be long before it hits it's iceberg and sinks out of sight. Why the club won't engage with TUST.
TUST number 080
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Is this an attempt by the board to sideline TUST and replace it with their own tame lapdog?

I agree with Lloyder5 - why won't the club engage with TUST? If this is a prelude to a share issue to raise those badly needed funds for the club the amount raised will be reduced because the fan base will be split.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

why dont the club engage with what we have, the TUST and Travel Club?
The HT launch was a joke

We need one Supporters Club that everyone can feel part of that would include everything TUST/The Travel Club/ TUOSC represent
devonian

Post by devonian »

Why do we always seem to pull in different directions and not become one. The TUST, the Travel club and now the supporters club. What we need is one unit and all join with the same aim as supporters of our club. Also get back Boot and Laces and turn it into a proper supporters club and encourage all supporters to come in before, half time, and after to socialize with maybe players after games, becoming one Torquay United Family.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

devonian wrote:Why do we always seem to pull in different directions and not become one. The TUST, the Travel club and now the supporters club. What we need is one unit and all join with the same aim as supporters of our club. Also get back Boot and Laces and turn it into a proper supporters club and encourage all supporters to come in before, half time, and after to socialize with maybe players after games, becoming one Torquay United Family.
TUST and the Travel Club have the same problem....the board doesn't like them.

We don't need boots and laces, we need to get people up to the Gulls nest, but as always, the club are useless at advertising it.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

gullpower wrote:Is this an attempt by the board to sideline TUST and replace it with their own tame lapdog?

I agree with Lloyder5 - why won't the club engage with TUST? If this is a prelude to a share issue to raise those badly needed funds for the club the amount raised will be reduced because the fan base will be split.
I suspect it is an attempt to undermine TUST. And when you have the likes of the ever-compliant Nigel Tabb and Paul Bastard eulogising on behalf of the club, it is no wonder the club gets such an easy ride from fans for the shambles it is.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

The Chairman's column in yesterday's programme tells us that Mr Bernard Noble (?) who ran a successful scheme at Hull City has worked hard to get this underway. "The aim of the Official Supporters' Club will be to raise revenue for the club...the official supporters club is not to be confused with TUST who do not raise money for the club but are there if we ever become a community owned club. The directors of Torquay United have nothing against the principle of a community owned club but there would have to be significant even vast sums of money raised to sustain the club."
So there you have it, straight from the horse's mouth!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Given that the club has allowed TUST to carry out a financial review they are hardly turning their back on TUST. I think a lot of supporters are holding back on TUST until the moment comes when community ownership gets the go ahead. Also TUST supporters can come over as a bit too militant for some peoples taste.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

I'm not sure why the Travel Club is being presented as a 'separate entity ' ? It exists for the supporters who want to travel on the coach to Away games. We had to form a 'Club' because a couple of our fans misbehaved at Basingstoke & Forest Green Rovers (a brawl & a flare respectively) & we thus acquired a bad reputation amongst police forces; so we had to acquire an 'official' status. It doesn't exist to rival TUST or the TUOSC (arrived too late to get a programme yesterday, & didn't listen at half time because a friend had turned up for his first match of the season & I was trying to listen to his news); you have to join (£ 2 per season) to travel on the coach...simples ! May I say that it's good fun; you arrive in a group, don't have to find somewhere to park or pay parking fees; & there's some good chat en route !Obviously you do have to pay the coach fare !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Never mind the public address system shambles, this is great news. Every club should have an official supporters club and every true supporter should join TUOSC for £10 a year.

This does not conflict with the TUST which, as Nickbrod has indicated, exists for different reasons, and those supporters committed to the ultimate aim of a community-owned club should join TUST too. However, it does make sense for the Travel Club to merge with TUOSC.

And don't forget the Players Fund, to help bring in much needed new players such as Ronald Huth, mentioned on the other thread.

So come on ladies and gents, let's do it.. (Wasn't there a song about that)? :)
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Gullscorer wrote:Never mind the public address system shambles, this is great news. Every club should have an official supporters club and every true supporter should join TUOSC for £10 a year.

This does not conflict with the TUST which, as Nickbrod has indicated, exists for different reasons, and those supporters committed to the ultimate aim of a community-owned club should join TUST too. However, it does make sense for the Travel Club to merge with TUOSC.

And don't forget the Players Fund, to help bring in much needed new players such as Ronald Huth, mentioned on the other thread.

So come on ladies and gents, let's do it.. (Wasn't there a song about that)? :)
Why should supporters contribute revenue, over and above their gate money for no say in how the club is run? How is the Players Fund money being used if the one player fans have clamoured for has not signed because of an issue over £1000?

I am also confused as to how TUST is seen as militant? Is flexing their clout a little when the wellbeing of our football club is at stake, being militant? Surely, Torquinians are not as docile as some like to present, in that they see anyone who is not tugging their forelock, doing their told and keeping quiet as militant? Or maybe they are.
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

I heard Mr Noble being interviewed on BBC Radio Devon and the whole situation is fairly straightforward. Nico met him at a function and he happened to mention he ran a fan club in Hull and the manager was very keen to start one for Torquay. I think it makes sense as a fun way to support the club. After all why would any child join TUST? Instead, through the fan club you can go to organised meetings at the training ground, meet the players and maybe more fan forums. I get the impression it is just a nice way to support the club. The whole point of TUST is that it is a bit more serious than arranging selfies with the players, so the two can carry on and still make important contributions.