Fans Forum

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 01:22 Great to read that those at TUFC are trying to forge greater links between themselves, the club and the community.

I wonder if any fans are to be consulted during the recruitment process for the incoming first team manager?

Ray
Why would a football club consult with fans before recruiting a manager?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Interestingly, this thread was started on the 17th August 2016 - over twelve months ago - by Magpiegull when he reminded us that 'the chairman said he wanted to arrange a Fans forum in the upcoming weeks'. Does anyone know how long 'upcoming weeks' is, please? Is it the same as the 12th of Never ....... ?
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

tomogull wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 16:22 Interestingly, this thread was started on the 17th August 2016 - over twelve months ago - by Magpiegull when he reminded us that 'the chairman said he wanted to arrange a Fans forum in the upcoming weeks'. Does anyone know how long 'upcoming weeks' is, please? Is it the same as the 12th of Never ....... ?
The chairman in August 2016 was Dave Philips and the fans forum was held in November 2016.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 17:30 The chairman in August 2016 was Dave Philips and the fans forum was held in November 2016.
Oops ! :Oops: Yes - you're right on both counts. Got my timing completely wrong - how time flies ! However, Clarke Osborne did promise a Fans forum when he took over the reins and it hasn't happened ...... although I agree with another poster - I have attended a few Fans Forum (didn't bother with the Dave Phillips one) and I can't say they achieve much.

I recall a Forum with Mike Bateson when things were going okay with the team. Everyone was happy (yes - it was a VERY long time ago) with no complaints ..... until one supporter got up and said that the toilets could do with a coat of paint. Mike Bateson replied "If the only complaint is about the paintwork in the toilets, we can't be doing too much wrong".
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 02:08 Why would a football club consult with fans before recruiting a manager?
Is Ray for real, what a juvenile post. I don't recall any football club NL or higher that has consulted with fans regarding who should be the new manager!!!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Fans forums are only productive when the answers to the questions are honest, believable, to the point and action taken on issues raised. Therefore it's pretty needless having one whilst GI remain in charge.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Wouldn't want to be called keyboard wonkers again.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

arrywithanh wrote: 24 Aug 2017, 07:02 Is Ray for real, what a juvenile post.
Obviously, you should be able to recognise a juvenile post when you see one. After all, when it comes to juvenile posts, you have plenty of experience ! :whistle:
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

yawn... again!