Trialists?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Trialists?

Post by Bloggy »

Was anything decided about the last of the trialists?
I've not heard/read anything regarding Chamberlain, Mitchel, Kelly or Hall.
Did any of them deserve a Non Contract or Short Term contract?
All the focus was on Huth at the time.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Bloggy wrote:Was anything decided about the last of the trialists?
I've not heard/read anything regarding Chamberlain, Mitchel, Kelly or Hall.
Did any of them deserve a Non Contract or Short Term contract?
All the focus was on Huth at the time.
Like you, I was wondering whether any of the triallists had been offered anything. There has been nothing at all announced. I can't comment on Mitchel or Kelly because I didn't see much of them. But I thought Chamberlain and Hall did enough to be offered something so that Nico could have a closer look at them. Roadrunner is the one to ask - he seems to get al the inside info !! ;-)
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bloggy »

Cheers Tomo
Nothing from the club doesn't surprise me at the moment but I guess 'that's football'! Tough on Chamberlain and Mitchell who seemed to spend most of pre-season with us.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Chamberlain is a local league player isn't he? I guess he'll still be around training with us and getting the odd reserve friendly here and there, ready to step in in an emergency. Not sure about the others? Anyone know if they came from far to trial or are they local non-league lads?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

PhilGull wrote:Chamberlain is a local league player isn't he? I guess he'll still be around training with us and getting the odd reserve friendly here and there, ready to step in in an emergency. Not sure about the others? Anyone know if they came from far to trial or are they local non-league lads?
Hall and Mitchell were both released from Argyle so will probably still be in the area.

Kelly was from Charlton, seems like that was more of a fleeting appearance as hasn't been heard of before or since!
A J
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by A J »

Kev was speaking about Huth and some of the trialists in an interview on Radio Devon leading up to the match on Saturday. He said he wanted to sign Tallan Mitchell, but the club had to be "creative" on what type of contract they could offer him. I guess it's a similar scenario to Charlie Duke 12 months ago? He said he wanted to keep monitoring Hall in training, but the other two weren't mentioned.
fred disley

Post by fred disley »

Just when we needed the manager to be strong and positive and twist the chairman's arm for funds or use his loan signing spaces to acquire quality and leadership we go and sign a lad that normally plays three tiers down from our esteemed level. Every manager now wishes to be the one and only who signs the next Vardy, the reality is 99.99 never make it. Additionally most football clubs that aspire to be called professional have something they call a scouting system ,chances are this lad would have been picked up years ago if he had half a chance of making it.
This signing may, temporarily deflect a few doubters, for a few days, but will not change our overall situation, we need four good quality players, a left back, two midfielders and a striker that can average a goal every couple or so games. Oh look there goes another flying pig.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bloggy »

How do we know that KN hasn't twisted the chairman's arm and got nothing but chinese burns for his troubles?!
It's not a great position to be in (as a club) but at this moment in time, it is what it is.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

im afriad this did happen last season, finch and corderoy signed and neither had any impact or were really given much of a chance.

best of luck to the lad however this wont get us up the table
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

The difference is that last season we were in a very high stake, pressured relegation battle. We needed proven, experienced heads to turn us around.

This year we have a pretty decent first XI but have a small squad. We're looking to have a safe, dull midtable season so have a lot more freedom to have a look at a player like Chamberlain and give him a chance. He might be like Finch, but he might be another Gerring and we get a good squad option on relatively low wages. If we're dividing a tight budget to fill an entire squad, then a non-contract local player could be ideal for us. Blissett and Williams are the first choice, proven players, but Chamberlain would have been a more useful substitute than Nicholson on Tuesday for example. And with Gerring suspended we'll need either Hancox, Duke or Chamberlain to fill the bench. Basically it's a no lose extended trial of a good local player.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats