Huth in two minds?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Huth in two minds?

Post by CP Gull »

I notice that Ronald Huth has just posted something on Twitter (quite a rare event in itself it seems) in Spanish - which according to the Google translation comes out as something like this ....

"I will never be easy to make a decision when you do not know which side of the coin will be the best .. Your plans are better than mine God."

Ok, so you get the gist! It does sound to me from that as though he has another offer to consider? Now, just speculating here but he did feature for Eastleigh in a friendly win against Northampton on Saturday - where it seems he played 45 minutes at Left Back. Unsurprisingly by all accounts he did pretty well and they (Chris Todd) were planning to have another look at him on Monday in another friendly against Gosport but as we know, in the end he rocked up here and played for us against WBA.

Now Eastleigh have more than enough quality in the centre of their defence already BUT they have just (today) settled up the contract of their experienced Left Back Dan Harding thus freeing up a place in their squad and presumably some decent wages in their budget too. So, I just wonder whether it is Eastleigh on the other "side of the coin". Let's hope he chooses the right side - even if it is (probably) on a lot less money!

Of course I may be barking up the wrong tree completely and it may very well not be Eastleigh - but whatever, it does appear that he has more than just the one ( ours being one of them, we assume) offer to consider ....

Perhaps we need to help him make up his mind .... and if it's a question of money what better way to "bridge the gap" than by using the Players Fund! There's £50 on its way (via BACS) from me and my brother tonight!
Last edited by CP Gull on 03 Aug 2016, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Somebody fire him a message on Twitter and tell him that he made such an impression on us on Monday that we (the fans) are trying to raise money to sign him. Might help sway his decision - and even if he's not thinking about that it will surely be nice for him to know we hold him in high regard already
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

@ronaldhuth05 to show him the love. Already tweeted him telling him to choose us!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Oh Fer Christ Sake
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courteney Richards

Post by Oh Fer Christ Sake »

Eastleigh, with respect to Toddy, are a totally irrelevant club. He can earn an extra £100/week there for three years or he can come here and be in the Championship on £3k/week in 18 months time.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

How do we know that Nicho even wants him?

It all seems a bit over the top after one pre-season appearance. Long time posters will no doubt remember the clamour to sign Danny Wring after a similar pre-season performance. ;-)
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

What do you imagine Dan Harding was on at Eastleigh? He left Nottm Forest and dropped 3 divisions to join them above other clubs. If there's another club making him an offer then we're not going to win on money, especially if Eastleigh are in for in. Nicho would have to do one hell of a job selling the club to him, as well as making him a decent financial offer.

Ps, welcome back Chris, really great to see you posting again.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Jerry wrote:How do we know that Nicho even wants him?

It all seems a bit over the top after one pre-season appearance. Long time posters will no doubt remember the clamour to sign Danny Wring after a similar pre-season performance. ;-)
Yes Wring (from memory) was pretty good that day, along with another triallist (Elliot Benyon if memory serves me right?) - but it was played at Coach Road in front of a few hundred people against mediocre opposition. Whereas Huth was up against international standard strikers in Rondon and Berahino in what was a full strength Premiership side played in front of 3000.

I know it is easy to get carried away, but I said immediately after the game that in all my years of watching TUFC in PSFs (40+) I can never recall seeing such an outstanding performance by a triallist in a TUFC shirt - he was THAT good. I guess I wasn't the only who felt like that either given the chants of "Sign Him Up" and "Hoooooottttthhhhhh" that were regularly heard throughout the second half from the Pop Side. How often does a triallist (particularly a centre half!) get that sort of reaction on debut?

Oh and thanks for the welcome (back) Gulli .... the "break" did me good and we (TUFC) are in a lot better position (post GI) than when I left back in January when I couldn't see anything but a sad decline for our club - so much praise goes out to Nicho (wouldn't have been my choice at the time) but his efforts on both the playing side and the wider community have been fantastic and he deserves our support now more than ever.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Agree with your comments CP on Huth 100%. He was absolutely outstanding.

Welcome back.
eastmoorgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Stubbs

Post by eastmoorgull »

Best psf ever and deffo best triallist by a long long way ; composed, can tackle, can time interceptions, can pass forwards, sideways and diagonally, maybe quite left sided but thats what we want. By the way KN talked to him immediately at the end of the match his mind was made up too. I just hope it all comes to fruition. Btw my mates who support Stevenage laughed when I told them Williams had signed for us. Took great pleasure is sending them the youtube vid of his goal vs WBA! Oustanding.
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

Outstanding on Monday but if he was consistent he would not be looking to play in non-league. We have just sold Gus, so his agent probably wants more money knowing we are slightly desperate and have just banked a lot of cash. It is all about the money.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

If he really said no to playing for Eastleigh against Gosport so that he could play for us against WBA then perhaps the other side of the coin is to say no to us in the hope a League team offers something having been so impressive against the 14th best team in the country. I wasn't at the game but everything I'm hearing suggests that at least a lower League Two team would be improved by him.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

PhilGull wrote:If he really said no to playing for Eastleigh against Gosport so that he could play for us against WBA then perhaps the other side of the coin is to say no to us in the hope a League team offers something having been so impressive against the 14th best team in the country. I wasn't at the game but everything I'm hearing suggests that at least a lower League Two team would be improved by him.
I would imagine what he wanted was to impress the West Brom management or least hope they would spread the word about him to other top clubs. If he is really that good what the hell is he doing pottering about at non league clubs?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

CP Gull wrote:
Oh and thanks for the welcome (back) Gulli .... the "break" did me good and we (TUFC) are in a lot better position (post GI) than when I left back in January when I couldn't see anything but a sad decline for our club - so much praise goes out to Nicho (wouldn't have been my choice at the time) but his efforts on both the playing side and the wider community have been fantastic and he deserves our support now more than ever.
I did tell you at the time he would turn out to be good for us :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

I actually read it as a choice over where he may spend the next part of his career - with a young family presumably abroad I thought it was a more general statement about whether to stay or go to England in search of a football career over here.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

its a case of the club arent sure for whatever reason.