Huth in two minds?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Starting to look like it isn't going to happen I would think, HE article says that Kev is determined to do all of the due diligence he can, and yet Huth hasn't been training with us and is back in Bristol. Think this will peter out until he pops up elsewhere.
Oh Fer Christ Sake
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courteney Richards

Post by Oh Fer Christ Sake »

eastmoorgull wrote:By the way KN talked to him immediately at the end of the match his mind was made up too.
Just to temper things, it's probably worth pointing out that this simply isn't true.
eastmoorgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Stubbs

Post by eastmoorgull »

"this simply isn't true."

I was there, I saw KN's reaction.

Watch KN at the end ......................Is that the reaction of a manager who isnt interested? Of course many other factors have to come into play, the next day; but in terms of how Huth played I'm sure Kev was thinking in a positive forward direction at that time. And so were many many others.Power of bloody hind sight ofcs
GoodringtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jean-Yves Koue-Niate

Post by GoodringtonGull »

Unfortunately Ronald Huth won't be signing for us this season, unless the player fund can play some part in the future.
Apparently he accepted the small-ish wages that were offered to him, however he requested a 1k sign on bonus which could help towards the deposit for his flat/living. The club however refused and I presume Nicho will be looking at other targets. I think this is a disgrace given that the club have just received 100k from the Macdonald and won't allow this, given the quality of player that he is. Maybe the decision by the board/Nicho was down to the certain characters the club want playing for us, and don't want players only in it for the money? Who knows, I'm sure a statement will be released in the coming days. My source is from a personal message sent via social media.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

That is a shame. £1k seems a small amount to lose such a potentially great player for, if that is indeed the case.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Real, real shame if that is the reason for him not coming here. I'm sure that a fair few donations (mine included!) to the Players Fund may have been inspired by the hope that the monies paid in might just enable us to get his signing over the line.

You only have to look at the reaction across the various fans forums and social media in general to see what an impact he has already had on the fans - based on purely 90 minutes in a friendly! There were even 1 or 2 of us who had already given thought to buying a Huth 5 shirt when it is eventually launched!

Of course, we don't really know how much Nicho really wanted him and when he talks of carrying out "due diligence" (boy I hate the use of that phrase so much!!!!) you really do wonder whether we haven't taken things a little too far - how the heck you are going to do that on a player that has played all over Europe and South America over the last 5 or more years I just don't know. Sometimes, you just have to go with your gut instinct and what you have seen with your own eyes and the performance he gave on Monday was quite simply head and shoulders above everyone else on the night. Unsurprisingly he had a similar reaction from the Bath City fans, with one saying that he thought he would easily be the best defender at our level this season should we sign him.

Given the sale of MacDonald for £100k, you have to feel that surely the club could have put an affordable package together (without going over the top) if only in the hope that come January we could sell him on for a sizeable profit!

Replacing MacDonald with someone of equal ability really won't be easy and starting the season with just two centre backs (OK Three if you include LRT) is not ideal and we will just have to see whether Gerring and McGinty are good enough to cope with the best that the National League has to offer.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Shame
TUST number 080
timmax
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Loram

Post by timmax »

Big shame. It cant be for the sake of 1k surely not? I guess we will hear soon that he has signed for FGR as they are signing everyone available at the moment!
GoodringtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jean-Yves Koue-Niate

Post by GoodringtonGull »

This is what the message reads. Granted his English isn't great!

"No friend. I accept the salary little that was offered to me. Pay my flat. Only asked 1000£ bonus by sign and said that no and withdraw the offer. Sorry but it is not my fault. Thanks very much for all the messages to my person..."
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

GoodringtonGull wrote:This is what the message reads. Granted his English isn't great!

"No friend. I accept the salary little that was offered to me. Pay my flat. Only asked 1000£ bonus by sign and said that no and withdraw the offer. Sorry but it is not my fault. Thanks very much for all the messages to my person..."
Hugely frustrating to miss out on a player of his quality for such a relatively small amount of money! I would even go so far as to say that if the football club had gone around the ground with buckets after the game on Monday night with the intention of raising that sum of money to clinch a deal to sign him .... they would have had no trouble!

Jeez, this club frustrates the hell out of you sometimes :@

If it is only a case of £1k to clinch the deal then why don't the club put out a specific request for help???? I am an old enough supporter to remember the days long ago when the club were totally skint (nothing changes!!!) and the fans were so desperate to sign a striker by the name of Steve Phillips who had enjoyed a particularly fruitful loan period with us and we raised enough money to pay enough of his wages to get him in. Perhaps we could do the same agin for Huth?
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Yes - I was a schoolboy at Audley Park and I remember doing a sponsored dribble to raise money to sign Steve Phillips. For £1k, if true, it is a startling amount not to pay to capture such a promising player.

Reminds me of the time Darren Moore was allegedly lost to Doncaster Rovers for the sake of £20 per week. Look what he went on to achieve.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Very sorry that he isn't coming to Plainmoor. He looked a very good player and exactly what we need - a left sided central defender. On the face of it, £1000 would have been a good investment because he looked capable of playing at a much higher level. And it would have shown that the club is up for it this season.

However, I suspect there is probably more to this story than we know and we shall have to wait for a statement from the club. There are one or two questions I can think of - why has he moved around so much? why was he training with a National South side after playing at a higher level in Paraguay? Is he injury prone? Is he reliable - e.g. arriving on time for training? We don't know any of this of course. It is also rather strange that he hasn't been training with the team since Monday night's game. But it's a huge shame he isn't coming. One thing is for sure - we definitely need a left-sided central defender pronto. Gerring and McGinty are not Angus and Nathan !!
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Jeez pay him the grand, if he is that good which I think he is then surely we would soon sell him and make a profit ! Speculate to accumulate !!

Please United think again and keep talking. As CP says go with your gut instinct. Enough of us had a gut instinct on Monday night !!

:@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Never believe anything a footballer tells you concerning transfer negotiations.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

There must be more to this than £1,000. Surely?

It's a real shame we couldn't agree terms as his signing would have generated such a feel good factor amongst the supporters and restored a great deal of goodwill for the club. I just hope that wasn't under estimated.

With Gus off and no Huth the defence looks pretty weak now.