Cash injection needed

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucusmc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Cash injection needed

Post by lucusmc »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36937879

Well that's fairly obvious chairman! Back to the player fund then!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

David Phillips; the King of stating the bleeding obvious.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

"We're ok at the moment, but we do need a cash injection, that's the way football clubs are run."
Or we could try to live within our means. We used to be able to do this in the old days.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Give the bloke a break. He is doing his best. Blimey.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

IanGull01 wrote:Give the bloke a break. He is doing his best. Blimey.
:goodpost:
TUST MEMBER No. 166

JOHNSON HAD A DREAM
TO BUILD FOOTBALL TEAM
HE HAD NO JOB SO HE CAME TO THE GULLS
WITH CAMERON AT THE BACK
AND REIDY IN ATTACK
WE'RE TORQUAY UNITED
WE'RE ON OUR WAY BACK !!
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

My concerns are that whoever came up with the £200 season ticket deal has put us in the brown stuff, much as we were last season when we were paying off the previous incumbents........

800 season tickets x £100 = £80,000 lost revenue.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

SteveDeckchair wrote:My concerns are that whoever came up with the £200 season ticket deal has put us in the brown stuff, much as we were last season when we were paying off the previous incumbents........

Agreed - it was madness to cut our finances in this way.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

GI might not have been the best bedfellows and we can't afford to waste time as the season starts next week? Statements like those do invite criticism, especially if you've spent the last 4 months trying to sell the club to them, extending the exclusivity arrangement and not listening to any other offers in order to do so.

Otherwise it's good to know we aren't in immediate danger. We've wasted 4 months but the position isn't that dire that it can't be recovered, be it with a new investor, the TUST or a combination of both.

It would be interesting to know exactly what the shortfall is between our spending and our revenue. With a £400k budget and 1000+ season tickets (even at a reduced price that's still well into six figures alone), there's surely not a huge shortfall? Nothing that a few individuals and the TUST wouldn't be able to raise every year given the chance to do so.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Don't agree about the season ticket prices being madness, I originally thought the same, BUT.... for all of us who did buy a season ticket ( me included) could of course BUY a normal ticket say every 4th game so we each individually pay the same as we would have done. OR we can all contribute the difference to the players fund. ITS IN OUR HANDS!

I think Ive done my bit as I bought a season ticket and as I live in Basingstoke will probably only attend a few games this season.
TUST MEMBER
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

SteveDeckchair wrote:My concerns are that whoever came up with the £200 season ticket deal has put us in the brown stuff, much as we were last season when we were paying off the previous incumbents........

For some people we'll earn less than they might otherwise have been prepared to spend, but we only had circa 400 season ticket holders last season and have jumped from that figure to over 1000.

To use my dad as an example, he's been going to Plainmoor for 20 odd years, without ever having a season ticket. He usually goes to somewhere around 18 odd home games a season so it's not worthwhile to him. In the last few years I've noticed that he's been missing more and more games, even when he was able to attend, as the motivation to go just wasn't there. He's bought a season ticket for this year, and will probably attend a lot more games next year as a result. If next season continues as recent years have, and we end up with several Tuesday night fixtures again, then £200 might very easily be more than he would otherwise have spent. At the very least it's filling Plainmoor a lot more each week and this has knock on effects in terms of programmes, food and drink sales etc. It also in turn encourages more people to attend (for example my mum and brother are going to the game tonight and are much more likely to go to a game next season if my dad's there).

With 1000 season tickets, we're not going to have crowds of 1100 and 1200 as we've had in recent years. The die hard fans who have a £200 season ticket will likely contribute to the TUST and/or players fund and from the others you have a £200 commitment from them, which will likely average out at not that far off what would have spent, with the benefit of having them inside the ground more often. After 4 years of decline, getting fans into Plainmoor and experiencing the Nicholson feel good factor can only be a good thing. For the concession rate season tickets, these are the fans of the next 50 years, and along with the magnificent community initiatives we've seen this pre-season, is what gives us a future as a community based small local club.

Overall, I don't think they're going to be a disaster and may well help us to turn the corner from a club in decline to a positive, community engaging club.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
jimhart

Post by jimhart »

Hi
As prev poster said those who would normally pay full price can put extra in players fund.
i shall be increase my contribution.
Perhaps we could create a vice presidents club for a fee of say £250 or £500 to a "rebirth Fund"
Ideas are needed.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

IanGull01 wrote:Give the bloke a break. He is doing his best. Blimey.
Yes but so far his best has wasted several months courting an inappropriate buyer when there were other offers discarded in favour of GI. As much as I respect his attempts to save the club he has overseen a catalogue of errors going back to the beginning when he and his fellow directors gave Dean Edwards the chance to screw them over.

Probably a nice enough bloke but just as inept as Simon Baker.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I warned about this at the time, in my opinion this could be the final blow from which we fail to recover.
Dave

IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Southampton Gull wrote: Yes but so far his best has wasted several months courting an inappropriate buyer when there were other offers discarded in favour of GI. As much as I respect his attempts to save the club he has overseen a catalogue of errors going back to the beginning when he and his fellow directors gave Dean Edwards the chance to screw them over.

Probably a nice enough bloke but just as inept as Simon Baker.
He stepped up and saved the club. Ok, he might not have made all the best decisions but he's all we have got at the moment. Without him leading us we might have not had a club. He gave Nicho the job to save us and he did. Now let him save our club which he has already done once.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

He wasn't the one that wanted Nico or the one who stuck to their guns to see him appointed. That said you've just agreed with what I've said so your last point is no different to what we're all doing now. It doesn't mean he's exempt from criticism though and his insistence that GI would be good for the club has proved to be pretty daft.
Dave