Gus potentially off then!...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Gus potentially off then!...

Post by tufc si »

Apologies if this has already been covered, but just read an article in the HE about a league club looking at signing him!

Can any of you lovely people shed any further light on it?! Personally, i'll be gutted if he goes, he's progressed so much the last few seasons and still just a ripe young 23 years old!
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

A fee and sell-on would sweeten the pill. I think this will be the norm now, assuming we have any future saleable players. They all have something to prove and want to play higher, if it suits all parties, then so be it. This is where we are. (Sadly).
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

That would be a serious blow if he does go now. I think he is a player who has alot of potential and was always going to progress up the leagues if he could curb his temper.
Bugger, not good.
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

Angus could probably be sold for the full cost of the loan to GI plus enough to get in a cheaper alternative CB as a replacement if the board negotiate properly. I assume that he will have a release figure in his contract.

From a squad perspective this is disappointing but from a financial one it could help the club to get rid of GI for good.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Sell him for a decent sum and more importantly a sizeable percentage of any future sale.

Realistically, he would be stupid to stay if he has a better offer elsewhere. We can't guarantee his future, we don't even have a confirmed plan for the next 3 months.

He's been a good player but has a temper so lets cash in if somebody is interested.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

So this will be Plan B then - sell off and pay off GI and be gone with them.

If this happens, it could well represent the lesser of two evils if it gets GI away from the club for good. Just hope that Nico has someone lined up as a replacement. A Verma - Gerring - McGinty - LRT backline wouldn't overly fill me with confidence
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

Note that Nathan Smith has not gone out on loan anywhere yet may have too many in front of him at Port Vale to be in the first team...
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Would be a massive loss, Angus is one of, if not the most important players at the club. He has matured and improved as aplayer so much since joining us permanently. Would be so sorry to see him go but if he has the chance to go and play in League One or the Championship as the HE are suggesting then good luck to him. I just hope Nicho has enough time and resources to work his transfer market magic one more time...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Er ......... is Exodus still available ??????????????? Phil is right. Under Nico, Angus has become a more mature player, and a better player for it. He was vital to our survival last season. Remember how we all sweated that he wouldn't pick up a booking and have to miss three matches ?
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Angus deserves a chance to go up a standard but it must be right for the club as well. We look to have a good squad and Angus has become the leader he is worth more to us because we could get in the top six with him and mid table without.
Angus is like a second hand car going well, it's worth more to you than selling, unless you get a big wedge.

Thought this would happen earlier I am surprised he's got so many that want him to stay he's been a really good player for us best of luck to him if he goes.
I hope the Chairman does not take a small fee!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

arcadia wrote:Gus is already on Sheffield Uniteds web-site as their player.
Just had a look and I couldn't find any reference to him on there?

That said, with Chris Wilder in charge there its probably somebody who he is familiar with so would make a bit of sense. If that does turn out to be true, that is a great move for him and you can't begrudge him that
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Jeff wrote: Just had a look and I couldn't find any reference to him on there?

That said, with Chris Wilder in charge there its probably somebody who he is familiar with so would make a bit of sense. If that does turn out to be true, that is a great move for him and you can't begrudge him that
I took my post off as it was on there and then went. I hoped nobody seen it. I checked out Sheffield because they were interested before sorry about post.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

northlondongull wrote:Note that Nathan Smith has not gone out on loan anywhere yet may have too many in front of him at Port Vale to be in the first team...
Nathan has featured in at least one friendly against good opposition, so I guess they are having a look at him.

Just hope he fecks up and they release him for us :-/
TUST member 200 ;-)
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Anyway, what is Gus thinking - going up North? It must have been bad enough at Reading, and Cheltenham pulled out with his pen poised over the dotted line due to his disciplinary record. It's cold and scary oop ther. Don't do it, mate.
TUST member 200 ;-)