Gus potentially off then!...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TUFC2016

Post by TUFC2016 »

arcadia wrote: I took my post off as it was on there and then went. I hoped nobody seen it. I checked out Sheffield because they were interested before sorry about post.
Would they not be interested in loaning him back for the season?
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

TUFC2016 wrote: Would they not be interested in loaning him back for the season?
Oh yes. Ideal solution. Give us a fee to pay off that loan, then loan him back to us for the season. Go North, young man :clap:
TUST member 200 ;-)
GoodringtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jean-Yves Koue-Niate

Post by GoodringtonGull »

No Macdonald in tonight's lineup vs Bath
Looks likes he's off then, and apparently we're getting a new CB and Winger on Monday/Tues

Just seen Gerrings equalised, After falling behind early on
Seegull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke young

Post by Seegull »

Suspended first game of season,rest him tonight play him Monday and play him 90 minutes.
45 minutes each Gerring and Mcginty.
Nicho not a bad manager?
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Jeff wrote:A Verma - Gerring - McGinty - LRT backline wouldn't overly fill me with confidence
So far tonight we've let in a goal from a corner, and just slipped from 4-1 to 4-4 within a few minutes. We look really good everywhere else, but the defence was the weakest area before the Angus news broke, and he was the one holding it all together! Verma is out of position, and McGinty and LRT both have to settle at a new club (as well as both playing in a different position to their previous club as well!). MacDonald was the rock we were building them around, so it'll take one hell of a player to replace him.

I can certainly see this season being high scoring, which to be fair if we're going to be mid table isn't a bad trade off and should keep attendances up.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Seegull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke young

Post by Seegull »

Did you watch the game Gulliball??
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Heard Gus say that he is leaving just have to wait to see where it is best of luck to him.
Chaney will be next to go if Nicho plays him he scored a brilliant goal in a passing movement across goal.
lucusmc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by lucusmc »

Looks like he is off. Was shaking the hands of the players and the ground staff in a goodbye type of way. Just hope that we get a good fee for him and that we have someone lined up as tonight's defending was shocking. Not sure how we went in at half time 2-1, Bath should of been 3 up at half time!

Alot to be done before the start of the season!
Oh Fer Christ Sake
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courteney Richards

Post by Oh Fer Christ Sake »

Right county, wrong team. Close though, Arcadia.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Oh Fer Christ Sake wrote:Right county, wrong team. Close though, Arcadia.
Doncaster, Bradford, or Barnsley at an optimistic push?
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

Well Sheffield United has been suggested because Alan Knill is the assistant manager. Port Vale would be my guess as Smith would have recommended him and their owner watches the occasional Torquay game. Still, Gus's success will encourage other young talents to give the Gulls a go, if it can prove to be a stepping stone back into the league. A bag of gold for the transfer will also be useful!
Markh84
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Brendan Moore

Post by Markh84 »

Gus told a supporter at the game last night that he is signing for Barnsley. It's a big step up for him. But good luck to him. Let's hope we get a decent fee for him.
Markh84
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Brendan Moore

Post by Markh84 »

Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

That would be a great move for him. Certainly not going to begrudge him that sort of step up
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Todays paper states he had a get out clause should a club from a higher division come in for him we could
get nothing if this was agreed.
We know now it's Barnsley, it will be a let down if we get nothing out of the deal!