Live @ Plainmoor

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Live @ Plainmoor

Post by A Candy »

I have been invited back to Plainmoor to help with the resurrection of Live @ Plainmoor which met with some success several years ago. The plan is to organise a variety of events including live music, quiz nights, sportsman’s dinners etc. in the hope of generating much needed funds for the Club.
Working within the limitations of the space available, I hope to be able to provide a variety of different events in an attempt to entice people to part with their money. Hopefully, there will be something for everyone over the next few months.
We kick off with an old favourite.....my interpretation of what constitutes a damn good Quiz Night. This particular quiz is on ]Friday 30th September starting at 7.00pm but doors open for food and drink from 6.00pm. There is sufficient space for 20 teams (each team is made up of 5 people) plus a few supporters and hangers-on. The cost is £8.00 per team, teams play for pride rather than rich rewards although there is a bottle of something wet for the winners. There is also the chance to win amazing prizes in the inevitable raffle.
I hope that if you live locally you will feel moved to attend some of these events. Failing that, please bring this to the attention of your friends and relatives.
Many thanks,
Andrew
Oh Fer Christ Sake
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courteney Richards

Post by Oh Fer Christ Sake »

You should never have been allowed to leave in the first place.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Oh Fer Christ Sake wrote:You should never have been allowed to leave in the first place.
:goodpost:

Totally agree Matt.

Mr Candy has been the only person at the club during my time as a Gull (2005 - 2013) who actually listens to fans, gives them the courtesy of a response across various platforms and tries to address issues pro-actively. All the rest bar a paltry few these past 10 years have had their heads up their rectums for the most part which obviously validates their reasons for being so bloody ignorant.

Well done Mr Candy.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Thank you very much guys for your very kind words, much appreciated. I am very pleased to be back working in an area that I enjoy even though it is not mainstream to the running of the Club . I am not an employee but if you have an issue that is not resolved through the formal channels, I will do my best to help if you send me an email.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

We still have places for the Quiz Night on the 30th September to be held in No10’s Restaurant. If you like quizzing and helping the Club, this event is for you. If you can raise a team come along and test those little grey cells!
There is also going to be a “Fun & Games Night” on the 18th November, also in No 10’s. This will include a festive quiz plus my scripted version of the popular BBC panel game “Would I lie to you”. Kevin Nicholson is going to be one of the captains and we are in discussions about the make-up of the other panel members. Tickets are not available yet but will cost £10 and bar food can be purchased at a small additional cost. It should be another fun evening.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

There are we still some places for the Quiz Night this Friday in No10’s Restaurant.Doors open at 6.30pm and the quiz will start about 7.00pm If you cannot raise 5 team members still come along and we can create a team(s)from any spare individuals. Alternatively,if you want to play alone that is also fine. Come and enjoy the quiz that the Eggheads were too scared to tackle!
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Live@Plainmoor
There is a “Fun & Games Night” on the 18th November, in No 10’s. This will include a festive quiz plus my scripted version of the popular BBC panel game “Would I lie to you”. Kevin Nicholson is going to be one of the captains and the other panel members will include some ex-players and local celebrities. Tickets will cost £10 and bar food can be purchased at a small additional cost. It should be an interesting and fun evening.

FUN & GAMES NIGHT
On Friday 18th November

Tickets are available now priced at £10.00 per person
Bar food will be available (not included in ticket price)
6.30pm Doors open
7.30-8.30pm Quiz Night Special
8.30pm- Interval
9.00-10.00pm “I would lie to you” *
There are only a limited number of tickets available so book now to avoid disappointment.
Tickets are available from Main Reception or by calling 01803 328666
* May contain adult humour

“Strongbow Cloudy Apple Evening with the Wurzels”
The Wurzels are booked to appear on Friday 2nd December at Boots & Laces. This event is not under Live@Plainmoor but a denotation from any profits will be made to the Players Fund. Tickets cost £18.00 and this includes one pint of Strongbow or soft drink. Tickets can be purchased at Boots & Laces or booked on 01626 872340
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

This is a reminder about the “Fun & Games Night” on the 18th November, in No 10’s. It is a double header that includes a festive quiz plus my scripted version of the popular BBC panel game “Would I lie to you”. Kevin Nicholson is one of the captains with Tim Sills and Chris Todd in his team. Comedian Noel Brodie is the other captain with two other panel members yet to be confirmed, but hopefully also from a show business background. Tickets will cost £10 and bar food can be purchased at a small additional cost. It should be an interesting and fun evening.

FUN & GAMES NIGHT
On Friday 18th November

Festive Quiz Night Special “I would lie to you”

Tickets are available now priced at £10.00 per person
Bar food will be available (not included in ticket price)
6.30pm Doors open
7.30-8.30pm Quiz Night Special
8.30pm- Interval
9.00-10.00pm “I would lie to you” *

Tickets are available from Main Reception or by calling 01803 328666
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

The only thread on this board which has the sole and direct intention of actually doing something useful for the club rather than whinge, knowledge-free, about what a farce we have become and it's absolutely deserted.

Standard.

Andy, I know the time and effort which goes in to this. Although I can't be there this time, I might well purchase a couple of tickets anyway, for you to do with as you see fit (chuck 'em in the bin if you like).

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Thanks Matt for your support in backing this event. If supported by enough people ( surely we can sell 100 tickets?) it will raise money for the Club. Clearly by itself it will not be not sufficient to change the Club's fortunes, but taken with other initiatives it could be the difference in be able to loan a new player or not at some point before the end of the season. It is not money for nothing, it will be a good evening with plenty of fun and the chance to chat with a few ex-players and reminisce about Wembley finals etc.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Dear All,
Not the biggest story that is likely to happen this week, but I have been told by the Club that the “Fun & Games Evening” has been cancelled due to a lack of ticket sales. Maybe not surprising, and I am sure some will see it as symptomatic of the general malaise around Plainmoor at the moment. However, it is still disappointing as it would have been a fun evening with some old favourites from happier times with lots of very funny “true” stories to raise a smile in these dark times.
Anyway, all is not lost, The Wurzels are still booked for Friday 2nd December at Boots & Laces and it will be a very good evening’s entertainment if you fancy a good sing song and a few pints.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Mate, I am devastated for you.

You'll recall I'm not much one for giving up, but have we considered the idea that maybe that could be the kindest thing to do for yourself? There's only so much of a battering that one man's love for any football club can take before things start to turn sour. I know your life is full of marvelous things and that TUFC are just a small cog in a big machine, but it would be sad on both sides for you to lose your passion for the club for the sake of repeated body blows.

I might petition the new owners for the Sir Andy Candy stand.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Thanks Matt, I am disappointed because it would have been a very funny and entertaining evening plus the opportunity to rub shoulders with some ex-players in a relaxed environment. If the demand is not there, for whatever reason, then there is not much more I can do. I suppose that's show business!
Appreciate your support and your campaign for the new stand name, slightly disappointed as I thought you might go all the way and go for the Candy Stadium......although that might suggest we are a soft touch or at least a soft middle! This is not the opportunity for lots of "sweet" related puns.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

A Candy wrote:Thanks Matt, I am disappointed because it would have been a very funny and entertaining evening plus the opportunity to rub shoulders with some ex-players in a relaxed environment. If the demand is not there, for whatever reason, then there is not much more I can do. I suppose that's show business!
Appreciate your support and your campaign for the new stand name, slightly disappointed as I thought you might go all the way and go for the Candy Stadium......although that might suggest we are a soft touch or at least a soft middle! This is not the opportunity for lots of "sweet" related puns.
Well it only takes Southport to arrive at the 'Candy Stadium' for us to turn into a bunch of Everton mints!

Really does show we are soft that! Should have made them play in our away kit from last year or something similar.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Bumping this thread back up in view of the 'Constructive ideas' topic. I was really surprised that the planned event had to be cancelled due to poor ticket sales - with match day gates of 1500, were there really not 100 supporters willing to turn up for this? If I lived closer, I would have gone. Not sure about The Wurzels right enough but seemingly they're still a crowd puller...if it was S Club I'd make the journey :-D