PSF Torquay v Plymouth matchday

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

PSF Torquay v Plymouth matchday

Post by Louis »

It's today and there is no topic up yet.
Predictions?
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

GoodringtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jean-Yves Koue-Niate

Post by GoodringtonGull »

I think today will be a good indication of how our squad will fare this season. Argyle have made a number of improvements this summer, signing 11 players I believe? I think we'll provide good competition for them, but narrowly lose this 2-1
Jordan Slew, Jervis and Williams with the goals
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

I am attending and looking forward to seeing our new signings.

Result is not too important but I anticipate we will give a good account of ourselves against a good League 2 side.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Reported that there's a trialist playing upfront alongside Bliss (is this Kaid) or A N Other? Any news on the other trialists (Chamberlain, Dollery, Mitchell or Robba)?
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Yes, the trailist was Kaid Mohammed. He played the first 45 mins then came off.

Finished 1-1. Argyle header from a corner on 43 mins and a Blissett penalty for us on 53 mins. Chaney intercepted a back-pass and was brought down by the keeper as he took it round him.

Cory Harvery came on after 70 ish minutes, as did Chamberlain and Dollery. Robba didn't appear.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

A bit tougher than the Plymouth rag thought in the match preview.
TUST number 080
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Argyle fans really are a different breed. After going 1-0 up in the first half, they started chanting "we're going to win the league, we're going to win the league, and now you better believe us, we're going to win the league". Made oi larf.

Oh, and to call their goal a header is stretching it a bit. Looked like it hit him on the back or arse!

Good pre season performance from us. Courtenay Richards played well as did Angus, Moore and Blisset. Feeling positive for the season now. 2400 crowd with 1200 Argyle there.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

This was a good performance

Nicho needs to talk to MacDonald as he was lucky to stay on the pitch he is my favorite player but he needs to calm down a bit.
Verma looked quality and McGinty, McDonald, Moore and Turner did well in quite a solid back five keeper included.
Midfield looked strong and Richards turned up today and played well.
Up front we looked better when Chaney played alongside Blissett, as his neat flicks were being read by Blissett and it looked as though Blissett was enjoying the service he got from Chaney. The big player and small player could work it looked good today.

Subs came on and held their own.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

All in all we looked ok generally - decent at times.

If we concede a goal like we did today when it actually counts then I think Nicholson will be ripping several pairs of bollocks off players!

Best players on the day were Verma, Richards and Bliss (who was my Mom and looked really sharp). Chaney did well when he came on and combined well with Blissett. Young looked short of match fitness. Sparkes was quiet but looks like a footballer. LRT solid and Mcginty and McD looked ok but got drawn to the ball a few tiimes and then turned because of it. Thought Mohamed was only okish but in fairness thrown in late in the day after Williams was injured in the warm up.
Lathrope often seemed out of position and not his best day. Guy that came on for him looked about 12 and needs to bulk up (like Chaney has) in order to have a chance at a pro career (just looked strange in honesty) Chamberlin did ok also. Replacement right back did little to impress but was not horrific.

Away kit looked smart and team is a damn site more settled and together than this time last year!

Need to add quality at right wing in order to give the option of changing from playing as narrow as we did today if needed (Vassell hopefully).

A positive if not spectacular display.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Richinns wrote:All in all we looked ok generally - decent at times.

If we concede a goal like we did today when it actually counts then I think Nicholson will be ripping several pairs of bollocks off players!

Best players on the day were Verma, Richards and Bliss (who was my Mom and looked really sharp). Chaney did well when he came on and combined well with Blissett. Young looked short of match fitness. Sparkes was quiet but looks like a footballer. LRT solid and Mcginty and McD looked ok but got drawn to the ball a few tiimes and then turned because of it. Thought Mohamed was only okish but in fairness thrown in late in the day after Williams was injured in the warm up.
Lathrope often seemed out of position and not his best day. Guy that came on for him looked about 12 and needs to bulk up (like Chaney has) in order to have a chance at a pro career (just looked strange in honesty) Chamberlin did ok also. Replacement right back did little to impress but was not horrific.

Away kit looked smart and team is a damn site more settled and together than this time last year!

Need to add quality at right wing in order to give the option of changing from playing as narrow as we did today if needed (Vassell hopefully).

A positive if not spectacular display.
The young lad that came on has played at Saltash and Stoke Gabrial and done well but does need strength. A wide player or a player that can break wide with pace is needed, unless Chaney who is looking sharp, could do this but I would like to see him given a chance up front.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

Thought this was a reasonable performance against a strong team. Blissett was my MOTM followed by Verma (who exhibited some nice skills) and Richards (who ran his socks off). Mohammed lacked cutting edge and fitness (not surprising) but could be a useful option for us up front or on the wing. Sparkes showed potential and the rest of the team were steady. The substitutions, Chaney apart, worried me. Our squad is clearly wafer thin and none of the other subs filled me with any confidence. I guess we don't have any money for any more strength in depth and I think we will be found out when we get into the depths of the season.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

ive heard Nico is trying to make a couple more signings this week, Mohammed would be a good addition once fit as can play out wide as well .
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock

Post by torq2u »

Where's Willy? Have I missed / forgotten something? Will Hancox doesn't seem to have featured in recent friendlies. Do tell me Chelsea have bought him for an exorbitant fee!
TUST member 200 ;-)
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Hancox and Gerring are currently injured.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats