Retained list out!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TUST_Member_Rob

Retained list out!

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 05532.aspx

The players that have are in contract negotiations are: Nathan Blissett, Dan Butler, Angus MacDonald, Courtney Richards, Aman Verma, Toby Ajala, Shaun Harrad, Sam Chaney, Luke Young, and Ben Gerring.

Danny Racchi, Amos Kabeya, Iffy Allen, Exodus Geohaghon, Liam Prynn and Oneil Odofin are not in contract negotiations and will leave the club.

Goalkeepers Grant Fisher and Scott Corderoy have been invited to return for pre-season training.
Markh84
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Brendan Moore

Post by Markh84 »

The only real surprise for me is that Iffy Allen hasn't been offered a contract. If the players that have have been offered new deals sign then we will have a good base to start from.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Have to agree Mark, as good as Racchi was I reckon he'll want something closer to home, and should get it considering how well he played
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Disappointed to see Allen and Racchi leave as they're both good players at this level. Hopefully as many of the others re-sign as that's the basis of a very good squad.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Looks like how I expected it to be but Ajala being in contract negotiations is slightly surprising given how poor he has been since returning. I also thought that Allen would be in talks with the club too but alas not. I just hope that we can get Smith, Moore and Rees back. I'm please for Gerring, he's surprised me since coming to the club, I was sceptical as were a lot of others here, however, I think he's proven himself to be a reliable back up in the centre of defence when called upon.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I thought Iffy Allen was on loan from Yeovil Town. Not our player.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I can only think Iffy spent a lot of time with niggly injuries which might have counted against him.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Thought Allen would get the nod over Ajala personally.
Did Kabeya ever get a squad number?
Does Hancox stay or has his YTS run out?
Will Nicholson hang up his boots now?
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

I know Torquay is the best club in the world, but Iffy might not have thought so. Expect he will be at either a league 2 club or a higher paying club in our league come August.

Happy that club are in negotiations with a good core of players and I believe, given the acquisitions made in January, Nicho will find the sort of quality required for a push at promotion.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

I suspect Nicho will retain his playing registration.

Would love to see Smith and Moore back, but maybe that's a big ask.
TUST member 200 ;-)
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

Shocked to see ajala get an offer but not iffy!
But, I have full faith in Nicho and his reason behind this decision!
To the dotted line, We're on our way
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Not at all surprised to see Racchi not in negotiations. Always thought it was a short-term temporary arrangement that suited both parties. He will get a hearty round of applause from me if our paths cross next season.

Only real surprises are Allen not in talks, and Ajala is. I thought Allen looked a real danger, whereas Ajala was a shadow of his former self. Agree with the point above about Iffy suffering from many niggly injuries, perhaps that was a factor - although on the other hand perhaps Iffy himself was unhappy with his lack of starts?

I seriously doubt we will see Smith back - he has proved he is ready for a crack at Port Vale's first team. Rees I'd almost expect to see back - his career has stalled a bit at Forest, and at 22 he's almost something of a veteran to have played so few games. He needs regular football, and I'd be happy if that was with us. Moore, I'd love to see back but I guess it depends on his situation at Fleetwood
Toast

Post by Toast »

Totally agree with everyone. Allen was way more effective than ajala last season, and Racchi should have been tempted to stay. He was quality and controlled games for us.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

I think they will all stay apart from maybe Youngy but I hope I'm wrong.

I see Eastleigh have released Midson. Wouldn't mind taking a punt on him if we could afford him.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

i think if Blisset signs Nicho will be looking for a pacey forward to play off of him , Dont think Midson fits that bill especially if Harrad signs, but what do i know.