Retained list out!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

IanGull01 wrote:
I see Eastleigh have released Midson. Wouldn't mind taking a punt on him if we could afford him.
The caption on the BBC website of "Jack Midson failed to score in 38 National League games for Eastleigh in the 2015-16 season" makes me think that perhaps he's not the man for us
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

I seriously hope Racchi and Allen aren't being offered anything because the players have said they want to either return to nearer their home, or it was always a short term thing. If it's purely on ability then nicho has made his first mistake (that'll wind a few people up)!

Shame though. As if we by some fluke keep Young, the prospect of a racchi-Young partnership, or a three with someone creative like Chaney, had me thinking hopeful thoughts. Alas, not to be. Hopefully nicho will be lining up a player similar to racchi, and probably a young replacement too if we're being honest.

Ajala is the weird one - honestly think there is no point, even if he is on a pittance. Maybe nicho thinks with a pre-season he can make him more consistent.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Jeff wrote: The caption on the BBC website of "Jack Midson failed to score in 38 National League games for Eastleigh in the 2015-16 season" makes me think that perhaps he's not the man for us
Fair point
KeithMalone
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by KeithMalone »

Racchi tweeted

Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

There's the answer. I can't believe KN wouldn't have wanted Raachi at the club. It would be nice to think the door could be open later. Raachi certainly made a huge contribution. Allen may well have been on a lot more than we can offer and reckons he can get it elsewhere. Both must have enhanced their reputations.
TUST number 080
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

I would add money to another fans player fund if I thought that we could have Racchi for another season.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

fund is ongoing as far as i know, hope so as have sent a cheque in today. certainly a shame racchi cant stay. surprised about iffy.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Nicho has stated he only wants players who want to be here so it's that or money why Iffy Allen isn't in his plans. Does he have an agent touting him around perhaps?

Racchi would have been the ideal anchor man for us and brings much needed balance to the side. It's a shame he won't be staying but if the budgets not there.... At least he's pragmatic about it and it's nice to see him show appreciation for our support.

Ajala has not done a great deal yet but I think if anyone can bring the best out of him, Nicho can. There's a good player in there for sure.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Right then, best get donating to the players fund...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Disappointed to see that Danny Racchi and Iffy Allen are not on the list of players under negotiation and surprised that Toby Ajala is.

I also hope Nathan Smith and Josh Rees can be persuaded back but that may be too wishful.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

i see kaid mohammed has been realeased at eastliegh, now he has pace and would fit the bill along side blisset.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

ROADRUNNER wrote:i see kaid mohammed has been realeased at eastliegh, now he has pace and would fit the bill along side blisset.
Yep - would be an ideal replacement for Iffy but I am not sure we would be able to afford him if we cannot offer Racchi a contract due to the budget as it stands
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
lucusmc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by lucusmc »

Richinns wrote: Yep - would be an ideal replacement for Iffy but I am not sure we would be able to afford him if we cannot offer Racchi a contract due to the budget as it stands
I think he has lost his way a little since when he was at Cheltenham. He's only played 5 times for Eastleigh this season and got shipped out to Tamworth. Maybe won't be as expensive as he would if been 5 years ago... still only 31 too
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

I'd like to put money into the Players' Fund, but I'm not prepared to subsidise a company that I know hardly anything about (Gaming International) & certainly not until after they have made a declaration of intention. I'm happy to support the 'current' owners, fans like ourselves. When it's clearer who owns TUFC, I'll consider my options then.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Not sure about Kaid Mohammed. Had a look at his stats on wikipedia and since his spell at Cheltenham it does look like a player whose career is winding down and with a small budget we have to be very careful about who we sign. If we did sign him I would prefer a very short term contract, say 3 months, then reconsider. Personally would like to see Moore and Smith back and would contribute to a players fund to see this if I didn't have the same concerns as Taxilady