Announcement this week??

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Wellswood
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Allen

Post by Wellswood »

"by Bomber » 6 minutes ago

PhilGull wrote:
The conspiracy theorist in me says that with no players or coaches on the payroll it will only take a few quid to make the other staff (tea lady etc) redundant and GI have some real estate to sell and make a profit on! ;-) Bye bye Torquay United, hello Wimpy homes estate!

They wouldn't be able to do that without the consent of the Cary Estate and assistance from the council."

PhilGull was joking......I think. If not, well, we just survived a relegation battle, we have a solid group of players, and manager, one of the best stadiums in the league we are in, how about a bit of positive optimism, that is after all the right of every fan of every club in the off season.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Yes I was joking. Jeez
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

I wish we did have a solid group of players but as it stands none are contracted beyond this summer (Blissett perhaps - should he wish to)!
The loanees have gone back to their parent clubs as well. We've less players than when Buckle came in and built on the four incumbents.
Wellswood
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Allen

Post by Wellswood »

The positive optimism would have to extend to believing most of the players we would want from this year will sign new contracts.

Based on what we've (rumour) heard about an increased playing budget, we should be able to keep them here. We also heard that Nicho has met with the new owners, lets be optimistic and hope he had a positive experience.

For me, at this stage, without any solid news, it's a waste of energy to worry about it.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

A Memorandum of Understanding was signed on 30th March.

If a press conference is not held tomorrow I wonder what is holding up an Announcement?

Could it be Torbay Council? Decision making is not their strong suit and just maybe Gaming International want an undertaking from the Council.

Pure speculation on my part.
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

To the dotted line, We're on our way
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

CEO Stephen Breed has left the club after the position of chief executive was made redundant due to restructuring.
Read more at http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 5TWdrkQ.99
No more CEO then. Wonder how the setup will be now.

Also great that Nicho is given 3 new seasons.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Fantastic news! And three years - it's almost like we're a professional football club!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Tremendous news! What we've all been waiting for. Three years is way more than I imagined, and we get an increased budget. Hopefully now we get get a good number of the squad signing new contracts.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Boom!!! Get in there
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

Fantastic news!! Well deserved too :)
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

Absolutly delighted!

Not only the fact that he has been offered the contract, but also been given the time he may need to take the club where it belongs.
To the dotted line, We're on our way
Tarrboy1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tarrboy1 »

Yep, great news indeed. Well done Kev. I'd rather the "player" bit was left out but we'll gloss over that and focus on the good bit about him staying :)
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

3 years?

What the f**k.

I can only presume it was a negotiation along the lines of "if you want me to work here for that pittance, Dave, then you'll have to give me an extra year on the contract."

Well, he is basically un-sackable for two years, so I hope he lives up to the hype!
Oh Fer Christ Sake
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courteney Richards

Post by Oh Fer Christ Sake »

Or we've finally got a Board who have the balls to identify when we have an asset and make his contract work in our favour. A three year deal says he is to be given a good budget. A good budget will allow him to work well for us and attract attention for better clubs. Previously, when Bodger and Badger were writing our contracts, TUFC managers were somehow entitled to a billion pounds hard currency if they were sacked, but could be signed by another club for £3.40 and a bunch of over-ripe bananas.
This deal says we expect him to do well, expect him to attract interest and we want to be sure we will get top dollar for him when he inevitably moves to Stevenage or Notts County in 2017/18.

Quite why people here are so quick to assume the worst, I'm not too sure. For years we've been asking for a Board with some business nous. We've now got one and, funny old thing, the same people are still moaning. Often, I wonder why they bother at all.