Harrop

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Actually if its all true of course the more important issue is "A smaller budget"? Are you having a laugh NEW OWNERS. Why take over a club and then lower the budget in the first bloody season, stinks!!
TUST MEMBER
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Southampton Gull wrote:The takeover deal was supposed to have been completed today but nothing as yet has been signed and I've just been told that.

I've also just been informed that a certain person is very unhappy with me making this public so keep making your feelings known and hopefully it can be stopped in its tracks.
A certain person should perhaps consider how the supporters, who pay to watch the dross we've been served up all season, feel.

I'm actually speechless about this rumour tonight.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
moneylife
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by moneylife »

I second that, I refuse to support a club so disloyal that they dont renew Nico contract and keep him in sole charge. Also if the budget is really reduced by the new owners then we should prepare for another tough battle against relegation and an impossible struggle to keep our decent players.
I read that the new owners were going to bring in 'significant new funding' whatever that means.

Lifelong TUFC fan tittering on the edge now. I would of stood by you if relegated but not for this.
And if the budget is reduced any more i think its about time the ticket prices in the pop stand started matching our club stature and the quality of football on show!! :P
Supp16
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Nathan smith

Post by Supp16 »

I wonder how many season tickets have been sold not knowing who would be in charge ?
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I would rather be relegated with Fans as owners or TUST, but I will not support a bunch of money grabbing property developers, IF ITS ALL TRUE of course. That will be me finished im afraid.
TUST MEMBER
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Guys this is about one persons ambition. The takeover isn't complete but now the fans feelings are clear for everyone to see on here and on Facebook it will be very hard for Harrop to get his wish. The budget is set and Nicholson is due to sit down and discuss his deal. If justice is done he'll get what he wants and Harrop will find another role that doesn't enable him to encroach on the manager's turf.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Dave Phillips and Steve Breed if you are reading this.....please make one final call and get it in writing that Nicholson remains manager. You have not let us down so far so make this your final decision.

He is the man to take the club forward again!!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

What Geoff Harrop says and does in reality can be two very different things, don't think I've ever held a conversation with such an obvious bull shitter in my life.

As said over the weekend, I can not come up with a logical business reason, and certainly not a single footballing reason why Kevin Nicholson should not be rewarded with a new contract and backed as much as the club finances allows, our club over these last few months has never been so united, why screw with that momentum ? And just when the missing support was beginning to come back onside.

I simply can not think what more Nicho could have done, or any manager in the same position to prove they were worthy of a new contract, even if was a short term prove yourself deal.

Having said that withdrawing your support for the club will not achieve anything, we could end up looking pretty daft should next season become a very successful season, even if it with out Nicho in charge, I will continue to support as I've always done.
Formerly known as forevertufc
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Southampton Gull wrote:Guys this is about one persons ambition. The takeover isn't complete but now the fans feelings are clear for everyone to see on here and on Facebook it will be very hard for Harrop to get his wish. The budget is set and Nicholson is due to sit down and discuss his deal. If justice is done he'll get what he wants and Harrop will find another role that doesn't enable him to encroach on the manager's turf.
Is this budget as suggested, lower than this season? if so, how can the previous board and the new board even dare come out and say that they will be making 'substantial investment' into the club? fuming.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

For me I don't care about relegation, BUT I do care about the intentions of businessmen ripping off fans, weve been here before remember.
TUST MEMBER
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Gaming International are surely not buying the football club for footballing reasons. Why would they? So why would anyone be surprised that they give two hoots about the footballing side. They can put their mate in charge of the team because they probably don't care how the team does on the field.

Think I will hold off before buying my season ticket for the time being.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Unreal. Shocked and sickend. Phillips said we would be happy. Nothing would be further from the truth if this turns out to be real (and I have no reason to doubt SG).

Harrop will be turning up to an empty stadium at season start if this goes through.

All the good feeling created over recent months spunked away by a deluded bullshitter. Criminal.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

I personally couldnt give a toss if Nicholson stays or not, but I certainly dont want Harrop.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

I would be raving mad if this happens. ..nicholson deserves a 2 year contract...He has proved himself and proved others IMO. I would be nearly as nuts if Harrop was DOF as I just know the applecart will be upset somewhere along the line. nicholson does not need the new owners MATE looking over his shoulder. YES Harrop done great with youth team...NO problem if he went back to that in some shape or form. BLOODY HELL just when being a fan was becoming good again this pops up. This is not so much against phillips and Co ad they done a great job and just maybe this is best hand they can deal to save club and enable it to move forward ...BUT these new owners I'D love to be at the fans forum if nicholson is not in sole charge next season . they will get Brasted.
Southampton gull I hope your wrong mate
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

It would be farcical if Nicho isn't given a chance to start next season with a 'clean slate'.

If it comes to pass, it would be a bitter pill to swallow but I support Torquay United. Albeit that after nearly two thirds of a century I still haven't worked out exactly what that means. Is it an ideal, is it a name, is it tribal, is it anything else?

I can't put a finger on it save to say that I was still supporting TU through the Webb era and it took some courage to do so then. I just hope that this is just a case of everybody having a cup half empty and that no news (yet) might still be good news.